Player Turnover

hobie

I've always thought it's interesting how much team's rosters change from year to year and even beyond so I thought I'd check to see who isn't with the Leafs this year but was last year?

Bibeau
Boyle
Corrado
Enroth
Fehr
Froese
Griffiths
Holland
Hunwick
Marchenko
Michalek
Sosh
Smith

That's a lot of players that had played at least 1 game with the Leafs last year but haven't played a single game with the Leafs this year, only Smith is still on the Leaf's payroll this year.

I believe that NHL player's careers last 3 1/2 years on average.

Well, seeing as how the Leafs are a better team this year than last, I'd say, with the possible exception of Brian Boyle, all those other players are all additions by subtractions!

😏 Shhh....don't over think this one and just be GLAD Toronto has a better roster without the bulk of those guys this season! 

On 3/12/2018 at 8:18 PM, hobie said:

I've always thought it's interesting how much team's rosters change from year to year and even beyond so I thought I'd check to see who isn't with the Leafs this year but was last year?

Bibeau
Boyle
Corrado
Enroth
Fehr
Froese
Griffiths
Holland
Hunwick
Marchenko
Michalek
Sosh
Smith

That's a lot of players that had played at least 1 game with the Leafs last year but haven't played a single game with the Leafs this year, only Smith is still on the Leaf's payroll this year.

I believe that NHL player's careers last 3 1/2 years on average.

I think if you go back five years, Bozak is the only Leafs player that was still here. Maybe JVR was here too.  :)

On 3/12/2018 at 8:28 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, seeing as how the Leafs are a better team this year than last, I'd say, with the possible exception of Brian Boyle, all those other players are all additions by subtractions!

😏 Shhh....don't over think this one and just be GLAD Toronto has a better roster without the bulk of those guys this season! 

Exactly.  Many of the guys that have come and gone were not essential players on the team. A lot of career minor leaguers in that list of names. :)

Archived