Perron

notfondajane

6 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Ok Perron is an impending free agent. Do the Pens sigh him? Why or why not? 

No.

1) There is a salary cap.

2) Been there. Done that.

3) There is a salary cap.

4) Just about the entire team as it is constituted right now is under contract for next season save for Sheahan, Rust, Oleksiak, Jarry and Simon and they are all RFA, 25 or younger and cheap.

Pass on Perron.

3 hours ago, B21 said:

No.

1) There is a salary cap.

2) Been there. Done that.

3) There is a salary cap.

4) Just about the entire team as it is constituted right now is under contract for next season save for Sheahan, Rust, Oleksiak, Jarry and Simon and they are all RFA, 25 or younger and cheap.

Pass on Perron.

Would you sign Jarry or trade for a pick or prospects? Other than Leighton who is in WBS? 

I would sign him. 

Perron is a very solid 2 way forward capable of playing up and down the lines as needed, for whatever reason his skill set did not seem to translate to the Penguins game which has always been more of a shoot first ask questions later. 

As for Jarry, he is cheap, he isn't bad, why not? If Murray continues to prove that he cannot stay healthy obviously someone may have to be added in season next year but you cross that bridge when/if you come to it.

10 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Perron is a very solid 2 way forward capable of playing up and down the lines as needed, for whatever reason his skill set did not seem to translate to the Penguins game which has always been more of a shoot first ask questions later. 

As for Jarry, he is cheap, he isn't bad, why not? If Murray continues to prove that he cannot stay healthy obviously someone may have to be added in season next year but you cross that bridge when/if you come to it.

I  would sign Perron if neeed in an emergency situation!

56 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I  would sign Perron if neeed in an emergency situation!

The problem is he is coming off a career year and is going to get paid, he will not be a bargain basement player but someone looking to cash in on one final payday. I have long been a fan of his two way style, but I feel he will ask for in the neighborhood of 5 million and wind up closer to 4 million on a three or four year deal from someone. Pittsburgh doesn't have the money for that and at his age I am not certain I would do it if they did have the cap space. Solid underrated player for much of his career but getting a little longin the tooth for the money someone is certainly going to pay.

4 hours ago, yave1964 said:

The problem is he is coming off a career year and is going to get paid, he will not be a bargain basement player but someone looking to cash in on one final payday. I have long been a fan of his two way style, but I feel he will ask for in the neighborhood of 5 million and wind up closer to 4 million on a three or four year deal from someone. Pittsburgh doesn't have the money for that and at his age I am not certain I would do it if they did have the cap space. Solid underrated player for much of his career but getting a little longin the tooth for the money someone is certainly going to pay.

I don't think Pittsburgh is need of help at a forward position. I would sign to a 2 year deal if there was a major injury somewhere.  I'm not sure if he would sign for that long. It  might be possible if there was a chance at a cup.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, notfondajane said:

I don't think Pittsburgh is need of help at a forward position. I would sign to a 2 year deal if there was a major injury somewhere.  I'm not sure if he would sign for that long. It  might be possible if there was a chance at a cup.

What Yave said. Almost 30 coming off a career year (cracked 50 points only twice before since 07-08). 66 and counting this year. He is going to want to get paid (see: salary cap) and never really meshed here. Pass pass pass.

No, didn't work out the first time and I don't see a spot for him now.  Top two lines are already set.  Need to give Rust and Simon more money, use the money there.   Coming into his thirties, he's going to want a multi year contract, for as long as he can get it.  Oh yeah, did someone mention salary cap???? ;)

Archived