Game 74: Flyers at Red Wings; 3/20/18 @ 7:30

Howie58

Greetings:

Yessirree Bob, the bookies have us installed as favorites; note the Red Wings' specialty teams are even worse than ours over the last 10;

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-detroit-odds-march-20-2018-870364

Here is a preview piece from Dave Isaac and the Camden Courier-Post that has PM as the starting goalie and bills it as a vengeance game against the team that disposed him:

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2018/03/19/petr-mrazek-philadelphia-flyers-revenge-game-detroit-red-wings/437923002/

Vengeance or not, you have to worry about this as a trap game for the O and B.  Detroit is not what they used to be.  But the Wings have a substantial advantage against us in Detroit:

https://www.detroithockey.net/history/team-by-team-record/philadelphia-flyers.php

Let's hope Konecny, Patrick, and Lindblom score.  If PM is in goal, we may need another 6-goal effort!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petr Mrazek wants his revenge game and likely earned it

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2018/03/19/petr-mrazek-philadelphia-flyers-revenge-game-detroit-red-wings/437923002/

I get it it's his old team but i don't get how he gets another start and Lyon has outplayed him. bull sh it really.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I get it it's his old team but i don't get how he gets another start and Lyon has outplayed him. bull sh it really.

Well, according to Dave Hess, it is Mzarek versus Howard:

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/3-20-2018/philadelphia-flyers-vs-detroit-red-wings-expert-prediction-6063/

Howard is 4-5 lifetime against the Flyers (2.97 GAA).  PM is 19-36 against the Atlantic Division with a 2.94 GAA.   Columbus and Florida won tonight.  We need to stay on track.  

7 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We need to stay on track.  

Exactly why i would have went with Lyon.

Besides Mrazek seems to be playing better every other game after he has had rest.

Mrazek is 2-5-1 his his last 8 starts. The other win he had in that stretch was after resting. Not encouraging. 

1 hour ago, fan4ever said:

Let's hope if he get into trouble early, Hakstol has the balls to pull him for Lyon!!!

Read the small print Hak will ONLY do it after 4 goals have been given up.

AND there is only one period left to catchup.

Sorry dem da rulez!!!

:VeryCool:

Well this is a must win tonight (i know many here love to hear that) if they want to continue to control their own destiny.

Jackets got some help from the refs on not one egregious penalty non call but tow of them.

Hey it is what it is if the Flyers want this they are going to have to do it on their own it seems.

Nothing wrong with that it builds character.

I think they have the tools to do it.

It is just now down to them just going out and doing it!!!

I know easier said than done.

But winning is all that cures it.

At least tonight they don't have to win in regulation some pressure relief. But they do need the win.

They have the edge on the Jackets due to ROW is all.

If you zoom in it looks like both Wings goalies are laughing. I wonder what Mrazek is telling them?

PM: “It’s really amazing, no matter how crappy or inconsistent I play, the coach said it’s still my net. He’s really big on veteran presence.” 

Cant wait to read some of your captions. Ready, set, go!

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

I got one....

"I get to go to the playoffs with an up-and-coming team and you guys have to struggle on a rebuilding team that's 0-9-1 in their last 10...hahaha"

Mrazek is no different than Elliot, Neuvirth, Mason, Stolarz, Emery, Zepp, Heeter, Boucher, Bryz (no?), Leighton.....  I'll stop at Bobrovsky cause he really wasn't....He was the real deal as we are seeing first hand.  And as @Brelic said, imagine this team with Bob behind them....

All average goalies.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

After the first 3 wins I got my hopes up too but we need to be realistic. 

He's average also.  Just here to fill in until the next Bob comes along.

Life would be no nice if we had a power play.... they way they are playing right now, I feel lucky if we come off power plays with nothing scored against us.   We need to score on one of these PPs.... or it's going to be an even longer night.   Down 1 and counting.

no matter whats happens this season Hackstol  Chip Kelly 2.0 needs to go he is not a NHL caliber coach. His line parings and coaching are disgusting. And when can we get a real goal tender. They really want to blow this season, this team cannot beat crap teams. Another softie by Petr

Archived