Happy Birthday Bobby Orr, 70 yrs young today!!

jammer2

If you grew up watching hockey in the early to mid 70's, you might feel older today knowing the GREATEST player to ever lace up skates is shockingly 70 yrs young today. At least he looks like he's doing well, but WOW, Bobby turning 70, that is something. The debate may rage on between him and Gretz etc...but for sure, best skater of all time, and apologies to Paul Coffey and co, but it's not close. Orr had gears nobody has ever had, the only thing close that I have seen is McDavid. 

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

If you grew up watching hockey in the early to mid 70's, you might feel older today knowing the GREATEST player to ever lace up skates is shockingly 70 yrs young today. At least he looks like he's doing well, but WOW, Bobby turning 70, that is something. The debate may rage on between him and Gretz etc...but for sure, best skater of all time, and apologies to Paul Coffey and co, but it's not close. Orr had gears nobody has ever had, the only thing close that I have seen is McDavid. 

Again, he could play the game anyway you wanted to. Speed, finesse, in the corners, in front of either net, in your face, toe to toe. He was all in.

• 4 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, flyercanuck said:

Again, he could play the game anyway you wanted to. Speed, finesse, in the corners, in front of either net, in your face, toe to toe. He was all in.

I would have liked to Bobby and Wayne play against each other in their prime!

Bob didnt look right in a Black Hawk sweater!

Archived