TO @ Nash

hobie

This should be an easy game for TO, Nashville is the best team point wise in the NHL.

Matthews may or may not be back, the saga continues. I thought Matthews started the season on fire and truly was TO's 1st line center we have always wanted since Sundin. Then he had his first injury, the after injury Matthews wasn't as dynamic or as effective as the preinjury Matthews. I want the preinjury Matthews back so I hope whoever comes back is healthy and ready to resume what should be a HOF career. 

Remember Yanic Perrault an original draft choice of TO, he was a decent scorer for TO but his attributes were outweighed by his deficiencies so altho he was a great scorer in the A he was given a 13 game cup of coffee with the Leafs then traded for a 4th round draft choice. He would be traded back to TO twice  with the last transaction being because he was a good faceoff center.

Anyway one of the draft choices TO used to reacquire  him was eventually used by Nashville to draft Roman Josi. TO since has spent 2nd round draft choices for Plekanec, Boyle, Bernier, Holland and other dubious players.

On 21/03/2018 at 6:22 PM, hobie said:

Matthews may or may not be back, the saga continues.

I wasn't kidding last season when I said the Leafs would get bit by the injury bug this time around. To their credit, they keep moving along and grabbing points with or without Matthews. They certainly have scoring depth now... for one more playoff run before they lose JVR and company. This season is Toronto's best chance to win a Stanley Cup since 2002.  :)

TO overwhelmed them with speed from the first puck drop to the end of the game, this is a team that can go far in the playoffs, it's simply a matter of them believing in themselves.

TO didn't go into a puck watch defensive shell in the 3rd, tonite, it was full bore all the way thru the game.

I was impressed with the number of Leafs that were going to the front of the opposition's net last night, usually it's just JVR  but even Nylander scored from there. It would be nice to have a big tough winger on patrol but team toughness is far better.

TV commentators were thinking TO played Nashville on an off day, maybe, but what's great is that if that's the case TO could and did take advantage.

Archived