Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

With 8 games remaining, Giroux needs 7 points to beat his career high in points for a season. He's had a great year and I for one hope he can do it.

Do you think he can get to 94 points?

The Flyers are going to need him to or they probably miss the playoffs. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Samifan said:

With 8 games remaining, Giroux needs 7 points to beat his career high in points for a season. He's had a great year and I for one hope he can do it.

Do you think he can get to 94 points?

Giroux will hit 100 points. 13 points in 8 games? Show us how it's done G!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, brelic said:

Giroux will hit 100 points. 13 points in 8 games? Show us how it's done G!

It's certainly possible.   But he may need a center that isn't currently snake-bitten. 

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It's certainly possible.   But he may need a center that isn't currently snake-bitten. 

Without looking it up, who's the last 100 point player on the Flyers?

I haven't looked yet, but I have a guess. 

Spoiler

Recchi?

Just now, brelic said:

Hide contents

Recchi?

I'd have the same guess without looking.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I'd have the same guess without looking.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Reveal hidden contents

According to this, we'd both be wrong.

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

(It's a little hard to swallow that it'll be 22 years!)

Edited by ruxpin

We were both wrong lol. 

Spoiler

Lindros got 115 in 1995-1996.

Recchi got 107 in 1993-94.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brelic said:

We were both wrong lol. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yep.  Posted about the same time you did.  That's astounding.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

According to this, we'd both be wrong.

Hidden Content

(It's a little hard to swallow that it'll be 22 years!)

I know!! Even in the league as a whole, though, there aren't very many 100 point players anymore. 

Ah, the days when a rookie could score 76 goals, right? 

• Like 2

worst. 90+ point player. ever.

he is suk

• Haha 2

Better put on his cape ...

.... The Best Player in the world...

...........G is suk...

Go Flyers ..

Posted (edited)

G with three assists so far. 4 points left for a career high!

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

worst. 90+ point player. ever.

he is suk

Beat me to it!

Didn't you guys want to trade him last year? Something about overpaid and underperforming? :haha::VeryCool::NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, B21 said:

Didn't you guys want to trade him last year? Something about overpaid and underperforming? :haha::VeryCool::NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Hell some on this forum still want him traded. LOL:VeryCool:

Edited by Samifan
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Giroux has 20 points in the last 15 games while Coots has been snake bitten. 

How good are you expecting him to be?

I think it's easy to miss what's really going on with Coots on the ice.  He's not scoring, but those sharing the ice with him are scoring anyway.  He's often the "tertiary" assist.  He's often the reason there's been a zone entry and he's often opening passing lanes and creating screens in front of the goalie. Giroux, TK, Ghost, and Simmer and Jake on the PP and a few other d men have all been benefitting.

Coots literally has the highest goals for while on the ice in the league.  

Doesn't hurt that including the PP, his line mates have been four  almost (come on Jake!) 20 goal scorers.  Five if you include himself.

Clearly they're elevating each other quite a bit this year.  What I love is how I'm seeing that develop between Patrick and Lindblom.  

Next year, it'll likely be Vecchione (or maybe an outside possibility of Frost) trying to develop that with Simmer and Weal on the third and I'll be eager to see it go down.  

9 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

G will reach 100pts....

If he continues at the pace he's been at for the past 20 games, he'll get 99.  

I'm hoping he and everyone else step it up a bit to hold on to this playoff spot.  

It was tough seeing Columbus stay ahead of us last night but at least they made it harder for the panthers.  At least now the Flyers are more than the games in hand Florida has ahead of them.  Not nearly enough to feel safe, but it's something.  At the very least, if the Flyers win out, Florida can't catch them.

11 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Giroux has 20 points in the last 15 games while Coots has been snake bitten. 

How good are you expecting him to be?

BETTER!!!   LOL

I want 2.5 PPG!

12 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I think it's easy to miss what's really going on with Coots on the ice.  He's not scoring, but those sharing the ice with him are scoring anyway.  He's often the "tertiary" assist.  He's often the reason there's been a zone entry and he's often opening passing lanes and creating screens in front of the goalie. Giroux, TK, Ghost, and Simmer and Jake on the PP and a few other d men have all been benefitting.

Joking aside, this is quite true.

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Joking aside, this is quite true.

Still... was a lot nicer when he put in a goal and an assist the other night, right?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Pretty classy from Big E

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

I was going to guess Pavel Brendl for the last Flyer to score 100 points. Either him or Jori Dopita....

2 hours ago, B21 said:

Lies....no one on here would EVER give up on a player like that!  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Haha 2