Giroux

Samifan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, hf101 said:

Giroux's goal  --100pts!

MVP

Sorry but if he don't win MVP that would be some bullsh_t!!!!!!!

Only guy who had more points was Mcdavid and he didn't make the playoffs!!!!!!

Helluva a year........and to think Clarke really wanted Bobby Sanguinetti!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for unanswered prayers!!!!!!!

Way to step and push your team to the playoffs in the biggest game of the year!!!!!!!! MVP!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

100!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Not done...

giphy.gif

..still hungry...nice play by Sanheim to spring Clod!!!!

giphy.gif

Clean up on aisle #28!!!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Bring on the Pens....i think this team has some confidence after this huge game!!!!!!!

Elliott still needs to tweak his game and i hope he is rested and ready!!!!!!

Just show how important Coots was to him and the team's success...

“Last year was really tough, especially mentally,” Giroux said. “To be able to start the year and play, I think, with one guy the whole year playing with Coots. As a winger, I don’t always do the right things, but I get away with it because I got Coots making the smart plays.”

This is what makes an MVP:

Giroux finished the season on a 10-game point streak (eight goals, 11 assists), which may have solidified his case for the Hart Trophy. Among the 16 playoff teams, Giroux led all players with 44 points in 29 games over the final two months of the regular season!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, B21 said:

The nominees should be Hall, Giroux and Kucherov. Giroux should win it. Now let me go disinfect myself. :VeryCool:

You have to add McKinnon too right. 12 game winning goals that is huge!!!!

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It should be Hall, Giroux, MacKinnon for sure. Kopitar deserves some mention as well.

Honestly, I do think it will be hard to beat Hall for this, at least if they follow what seems to be the actual purpose of the trophy as player most important to their team. Giroux has a very strong supporting cast. MacKinnon has at least a couple guys up there with him. Hall is essentially on an island in NJ with virtually no scoring support.

21 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I do think it will be hard to beat Hall for thi

I don't he finished 6th in the points race...and everyone ahead of him are in the playoffs too except the leader.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't he finished 6th in the points race...and everyone ahead of him are in the playoffs too except the leader.

You're not wrong, but the fact is that team could effectively be renamed as the New Jersey Taylor Halls, and it would make 100% sense. Bottom line: There is no NJD this year without that guy. I think that's the case for him more than anyone else in the league this year.

4 minutes ago, elmatus said:

You're not wrong, but the fact is that team could effectively be renamed as the New Jersey Taylor Halls, and it would make 100% sense. Bottom line: There is no NJD this year without that guy. I think that's the case for him more than anyone else in the league this year.

Yeah but i give it to G. Hall can have 2nd place. :horn:

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good call. If Hall is there - McKinnon has to be, too. 

9 minutes ago, B21 said:

Ah - somewhere in Ottawa there is a Mountie who is never going to wash his arse again if Giroux wins this.

#mvptouchedhere

Regis will never let that happen.Image result for sid and pierre mcguire

5 hours ago, B21 said:

The nominees should be Hall, Giroux and Kucherov. Giroux should win it. Now let me go disinfect myself. :VeryCool:

Thanks for contaminating our board,  now we gotta burn it down!!! Kinda like we're gonna do to your arena,well you guys will do it for us, after we bounce your azz outta the playoffs in the first round...... LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

The truth is out!!!!  I bet I know which one is the Butch and which one is the bitch!!!!

You mean they don't take turns?:ph34r:

12 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Evgeni, 

I will be in your face AND scoring goals all series long. Have fun.

Sincerely,

Sean Couturier

So then Filppula matches up against Crosby?

yay......

34 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

So then Filppula matches up against Crosby?

yay......

Hopefully it'll be Patrick. Sure, it's a lot to ask a rookie, but we do have a shining example of someone who did almost exactly that not so long ago...

Fil is a known quantity, and that quantity cannot shut down Crosby. There's no guarantee Patrick can either, but at least he has a chance. He's a fairly strong guy with very good hockey vision. In many ways, this could serve as a test of sorts for the kid, which may be exactly what he needs to take the next step.

Also, let's not forget Provo plays 24 mins a game. As far as our meager defense goes, he's essentially the only hope we have. It's foolish to expect much from Elliott or Mrazek. Provo needs to be the last line of defense.

Archived