• Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Kings Sweep 4-0
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

On 4/16/2018 at 1:19 PM, B21 said:

This is JEOPARDY!

I'll take Vegas Golden Knights for $1,000, Alex.

3-0

What are Marc-Andre Fleury's Save %, GAA and Record in the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

MAF:  "Eat my shorts, notfondajane!"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, B21 said:

If a defenseman blocks a shot, MAF does not get credit for save.  If he has 31 "saves", that means he himself and only he himself prevented the puck from going into the net. The "net" that's the big red thing at each end of the ice with all the twine hanging off it. "Ice" is water what has become frozen. "Water" is two parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen (H2O). I can't make it any more clear.

LOL  Oh, so that's how it works.   A save is counted if it's a shot on goal that he saves.   Who knew?  It's all so cryptic.

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

He should thank his dmen for doing his job! Maybe give them part of his paycheck!

That is what they are suppose to do but the saves he made he made himself ain't nothing wrong with that.

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

why are you even wasting your time arguing with him .....  ?????  you should know better! ;)

Haha, that's what I was thinking too. It always reminds me of this thread -> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

Classic trolling and sooo brilliant. I laugh harder as the thread goes on lol. 

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

@ruxpin 

@B21

You know it s a crazy world when a Flyer fan is arguing against a Pens player that a former ex-Pen player is actually playing very well ... LOL

I completely get a Pens' fan being frustrated with Fleury.   Too many lost seasons that people put squarely on him.   To see him playing well has got to be a source of consternation for some.  Or at least a "just wait, wheels fall off in 3..2...1..."

He just hasn't shown a hint of that yet.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I completely get a Pens' fan being frustrated with Fleury.   Too many lost seasons that people put squarely on him.   To see him playing well has got to be a source of consternation for some.  Or at least a "just wait, wheels fall off in 3..2...1..."

He just hasn't shown a hint of that yet.

Oh I totally agree ... I just think it is comical seeing a Pens fan getting this upset about a former player that he can't even acknowledge how well MAF is playing .... LOL  :PopcornSmiley2:  I feel thoroughly entertained..... :)

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Oh I totally agree ... I just think it is comical seeing a Pens fan getting this upset about a former player that he can't even acknowledge how well MAF is playing .... LOL  :PopcornSmiley2:  I feel thoroughly entertained..... :)

He not playing well it's the defensemen in front of him making the saves he is just getting the credit for them...

:bonkingheadonwall:

2 hours ago, B21 said:

If a defenseman blocks a shot, MAF does not get credit for save.  If he has 31 "saves", that means he himself and only he himself prevented the puck from going into the net. The "net" that's the big red thing at each end of the ice with all the twine hanging off it. "Ice" is water what has become frozen. "Water" is two parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen (H2O). I can't make it any more clear.

A shot on goal is the puck as a chance of entering the net. If a goalkeeper is out of position and a dman is the crease and prevents it from entering the net who get credit for the save?

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

why are you even wasting your time arguing with him .....  ?????  you should know better! ;)

I dunno. I think he's been "pucked in the head"  a few too many times. :VeryCool:

16 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

A shot on goal is the puck as a chance of entering the net. If a goalkeeper is out of position and a dman is the crease and prevents it from entering the net who get credit for the save?

That would be a "blocked shot" not a save....and that ain't happening 30 times a game.

17 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Nobody...because technically it is not scored as an official shot on goal. Even if it hits the post (see above: big red thing with twine) it does not count as a shot (or a save for that matter). 

Put it this way - if MAF is in the corner enjoying a bucket of popcorn and all of a sudden Anze Kopitar rifles one at the net and William Karlsson "gets in the way"...guess what? That's not a shot on net! 

Now if MAF is sitting in front of the net midning his own business and the same thing happens and the puck hits him (and knocks over his bucket of popcorn)? Save.

Watch hockey much?

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

LOL  Oh, so that's how it works.   A save is counted if it's a shot on goal that he saves.   Who knew?  It's all so cryptic.

I do hate when the NHL over-complicates things. :VeryCool:

7 hours ago, B21 said:

Nobody...because technically it is not scored as an official shot on goal. Even if it hits the post (see above: big red thing with twine) it does not count as a shot (or a save for that matter). 

Put it this way - if MAF is in the corner enjoying a bucket of popcorn and all of a sudden Anze Kopitar rifles one at the net and William Karlsson "gets in the way"...guess what? That's not a shot on net! 

Now if MAF is sitting in front of the net midning his own business and the same thing happens and the puck hits him (and knocks over his bucket of popcorn)? Save.

Watch hockey much?

Yea! Played all forms of hockey except field! 

Do you know what you're looking at? 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So who is Vegas next victim??

Well Nashville is the 1 seed so they cant meet them until the conference final.  Likely will meet Sharks or Winnipeg.  Though I am cheering for the Wild to rally.  Winnipeg is great at home but not so good on the road.  So if Winnipeg cannot steal a game 1 or 2 they will find themselves in an uphill battle.  The Sharks are good on the road.  So who knows?  It will be tough for them to beat both Winnipeg and Nashville.  I think my hopes for a Minnesota rally might have gone up in smoke when Parise got hurt?  Pittsburgh or Tamps will be hell for the Western rep.

31 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

It is the Sharks ...see my post.....

Interested to see how Vegas does against this deep Shark team. I have a feeling it won't be as low scoring. Vegas is about to get tested big time.

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Interested to see how Vegas does against this deep Shark team. I have a feeling it won't be as low scoring. Vegas is about to get tested big time.

Agree but Fluery is trying to send Pittsburgh a message it seems

On 4/18/2018 at 10:52 PM, notfondajane said:

Yea! Played all forms of hockey except field! 

Do you know what you're looking at? 

I'd stick with field hockey then. Apparently saves magically appear in that sport. :haha:

Archived