• Sharks Sweep 4-0
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

All discussion between the Ducks / Sharks series here:

Ducks (P2) vs. Sharks (P3)

Game 1: April 12 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m.
Game 2: April 14 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m.
Game 3: April 16 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
Game 4: April 18 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
*Game 5: April 20 at Anaheim, TBD
*Game 6: April 22 at San Jose, TBD
*Game 7: April 24 at Anaheim, TBD 

The Ducks are one of the top teams in the league but have had an insane amount of injuries all year, Defensive stalwart Fowler is out, goalie Gibson might not be able to start the series, par for the course for the Ducks.

Kane has been wonderful for the Sharks who were red hot down the stretch. 

I am going with the Ducks because of home ice, but this one should be a fun nasty series. 

I literally am going to flip a coin on this one.  Gibson always seems to be hurt and E. Kane has new life on the West Coast.

Ok ... I took a poll of my family.  Here are the results.

Wife: Sharks (because they are an aggressive animal)

Son: Sharks (because they are an aggressive animal)

Daughter:  Sharks (well just because she loves sharks!)

Pilldoc's family said Sharks!

I guess I will go with the Sharks in 7

X-factor is Joe Thornton. If he comes back and plays decent, I think the Sharks have the edge. If not, it will come down to a game 6 or game 7 for sure. Ducks are banged up. Sharks have struggled the last several games. Should be a good series.

Methinks many folks may have written off the Sharks a year or two early. 

My 50% reliable Spidey senses tell me that this Shark squad 

beats this Duck team, in part driven by disproving the naysayers. 

I of course want them both to lose. But I wanna say that San Jose 

takes this one. I naturally hope the Kings'll be in the wings to destroy 

either team. :poke: Methinks they will. :readytofight: 

On 4/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, hf101 said:

This is my only series that will go 7 in the first round.  Sharks outlast the Ducks.

You don't see Vegas/LA going to seven? If the Kings can figure out the offense thing, I think they make it a long series. I also see the Maple Leafs and Bruins capable of going to 7 if Toronto doesn't fall apart like the did in Game 1.

SJ/ANA is the most like to go to seven, I agree.

But, GO SHARKS!

Just now, belowthegoalline said:

You don't see Vegas/LA going to seven? If the Kings can figure out the offense thing, I think they make it a long series. I also see the Maple Leafs and Bruins capable of going to 7 if Toronto doesn't fall apart like the did in Game 1.

SJ/ANA is the most like to go to seven, I agree.

But, GO SHARKS!

I do now, but then the Kings need to find a way to put pucks past Fleury otherwise Vegas is moving on quickly. 

I really didn't think the Kings would have such a hard time scoring some goals especially with Carter back.  Man, I love this time of year.  lol.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

I do now, but then the Kings need to find a way to put pucks past Fleury otherwise Vegas is moving on quickly. 

I really didn't think the Kings would have such a hard time scoring some goals especially with Carter back.  Man, I love this time of year.  lol.

Completely agree.

5 hours ago, hf101 said:

I'd expect Corey Perry to see a suspension for this hit on Karlsson.  

Yeah, if Doughty got a game for a similar hit, Perry should get a game. Agreed, what a stupid play. Karlsson wasn't even on the puck. Corey Perry has fallen off over the last two seasons, and this continues his downward spiral.

My favorite part of that whole video is Perry's reaction in the penalty box. Come on, you piece of garbage. You're a dirty player, and you got caught making a really dirty hit. Grow up and take responsibility for giving a guy a concussion.

Almost as bad as Dustin Brown. Like prick is a pansy.

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

8-1

Wow helluva a display of firepower.

Lookout Preds and Jets the Sharks will have something to say about who comes out the West.

When Thornton comes back from injury, they can play him on the 3rd/4th lines and not disrupt the top 2 lines. Yuck

4 games and done.  This series wasn't even close as the Ducks were limited to 4 goals on 132 shots in 4 games against the San Jose Sharks.

Looking forward to the Sharks and Golden Knights in the next round.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

4 games and done.  This series wasn't even close as the Ducks were limited to 4 goals on 132 shots in 4 games against the San Jose Sharks.

Looking forward to the Sharks and Golden Knights in the next round.

Never in a million years would I have called sweep.   I had the Sharks winning (in six), but never considered a sweep.   And if you had told me after 4 games that Burns would only have 2 points, I'd have thought maybe the Sharks were in trouble.   Wow.

This series obviously wasn't even close, and some of San Jose's big guns aren't even clicking yet.

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Never in a million years would I have called sweep.   I had the Sharks winning (in six), but never considered a sweep.   And if you had told me after 4 games that Burns would only have 2 points, I'd have thought maybe the Sharks were in trouble.   Wow.

This series obviously wasn't even close, and some of San Jose's big guns aren't even clicking yet.

I am still amazed that the Ducks got in.  But I agree with you.  Never thought they would be swept.  

On 2018-04-15 at 3:48 PM, belowthegoalline said:

My favorite part of that whole video is Perry's reaction in the penalty box. Come on, you piece of garbage. You're a dirty player, and you got caught making a really dirty hit. Grow up and take responsibility for giving a guy a concussion.

Almost as bad as Dustin Brown. Like prick is a pansy.

It's unfortunate the ducks don't have a nice gentle team like the flyers. They should get rid of anyone with an ounce of aggression, then next year we can all admire there sportsmanship.

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am still amazed that the Ducks got in.  But I agree with you.  Never thought they would be swept.  

Yeah, I'm actually with you there.  I didn't think they were that good, and with their various injuries to key players I guess it's amazing they did.    I really thought that with all of those pieces back that they'd at least make a series of it...maybe even unexpectedly steal it.   But yeah, never considered a sweep.

I figured 5-6 games, so I am surprised too.

Ducks got frustrated by Jones stonewalling them and then took stupid penalties in frustration.

Quite frankly, Perry and Getzlaf got by on reputation of being part of a cup team, but that team was carried by Niedermayer and Pronger. They have not done anything since those two left.

Archived