Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers

pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Pens Sweep 4-0
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Flyers Sweep 4-0
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't score 5 on 3; that says a lot.  Milbury and his colleagues are also noting Simmonds' relative disappearance. 

Again--it is constructive to see a loss like this--it defines what we need to become!!

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Lack of discipline for the Flyers.

True. 

I they could push this to at least 6 put the team is just to sloppy and being out coached and out played.

And the goaltending is straight from pee wee level. Murray not being tested. Just a disaster.

My biggest concern with Hak is not being able to make IN GAME adjustments.

Once again should have pulled Elliott after the 3rd goal. Man when he is off he is off.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

They didn't score 5 on 3; that says a lot.  Milbury and his colleagues are also noting Simmonds' relative disappearance. 

Again--it is constructive to see a loss like this--it defines what we need to become!!

In all fairness they didn't score with nearly 5mins with the extra attacker the last game... But I see your point gotta take advantage of the few chances we get on the pp ... And stay out of the damn box.

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Milbury and his colleagues are also noting Simmonds' relative disappearance. 

Yep time to move him this offseason and get what you can for him.

Move him in the offseason (at the draft maybe) and give the team time to adjust by next year.

I prefer to move him out West. Wonder if the Kings would take hi back.

1 minute ago, Pucked in the head said:

In all fairness they didn't score with nearly 5mins with the extra attacker the last game... But I see your point gotta take advantage of the few chances we get on the pp ... And stay out of the damn box.

Yeah going 0 for 6 on the PP isn't going to win you any games.

So firing Mullen and hiring Knoblach hasn't done squat for the PP. Imagine that.

Just now, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

It was 8 penalties on the Flyers and 7 on Pittsburgh.  Feel free to complain about the penalties, but at least get the facts right.

Well they had to even up more once the game was in hand so guys like you could use it in defense. Good job!!!!!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they had to even up more once the game was in hand so guys like you could use it in defense. Good job!!!!!

I don't have anything to defend.  I presented facts that countered your claim.  You were wrong. get over it and don't blame me.

And you mean to tell me that the non call on TK (hooked in the corner... In case you can't recall, then the calls against TK and whoever, then they get a call ... Yeah that's fair... That (could) not saying would but could have been the game changer right there they score on the pp then unfortunately again 5secs later... No that wasn't huge now was it?

2 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

And you mean to tell me that the non call on TK (hooked in the corner... In case you can't recall, then the calls against TK and whoever, then they get a call ... Yeah that's fair... That (could) not saying would but could have been the game changer right there they score on the pp then unfortunately again 5secs later... No that wasn't huge now was it?

Did you forget about the too many men that didn't get called?  What about the hook on Vorachek that should have been a 4 min high stick?  

3 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

Yeah but which non calls had more impact???

Your trying to say which non call was more important argument is ridiculous. There is no way to quantify a non call.

1 hour ago, Pucked in the head said:

I can too ... There's just not as many... and when they are blatantly obvious and has an effect on the game.. and not called yeah that's fair...  Shame Alaska don't have a team you could cheer for...

Weren't we just calling Malkin a whiney Ruskie for complaining about calls?  Sometimes the whiplash on these boards is comical. 

Really inconsistent officiating going both ways. 

"The example above was the most significant and ultimately affected the game (imo)"

Believe whatever you want.  The difference in the game came down to goal tending.  Murray won that game in the first period when the Flyers were all over the Pens.

Archived