Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers

pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Pens Sweep 4-0
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Flyers Sweep 4-0
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are seeing how marginal a playoff team we were.  We were 251 GF, 243 GA.  Our record against >.500 teams was poor--think about .333.  I think we worked hard.  We worked hard the first 10 minutes of this game.  But hard work isn't smart work. And you need talent.  

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We are seeing how marginal a playoff team we were.  We were 251 GF, 243 GA.  Our record against >.500 teams was poor--think about .333.  I think we worked hard.  We worked hard the first 10 minutes of this game.  But hard work isn't smart work. And you need talent.  

We need more than two lines that are worth putting on the ice our bottom six besides Simmonds suck

31 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I don't have anything to defend.  I presented facts that countered your claim.  You were wrong. get over it and don't blame me.

No you're wrong.

They got 4 total PPs until the last gimme.

But no really it's because th Penguins are so disciplined is all nothing more going on here.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No you're wrong.

They got 4 total PPs until the last gimme.

LOL.  You just wont admit when you're wrong.  

Let me spell it out for you.  There was only one coincidental penalty call when Konecny and Schultz went to the box together.  subtract that penalty from the 7 that the Pens got called for.  The equals 6 power plays for the Flyers.  Not 4 that you said earlier or 5 that you just claimed.  The Flyers went 0-6 while the Pens went 3-7

6, SIX power plays!  You're wrong!!

9 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Let me spell it out for you.  There was only one coincidental penalty call when Konecny and Schultz went to the box together.  subtract that penalty from the 7 that the Pens got called for.  The equals 6 power plays for the Flyers.  Not 4 that you said earlier or 5 that you just claimed.  The Flyers went 0-6 while the Pens went 3-7

Subtle. I like it. Lol

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I disagree. 

I was born in Philly.   I've been a Flyers fan since 1967.  

EDIT:  And I don't live in Alaska anymore.  

<----- Look at my location over there.

I think you guys have your very own NotFondaJane. :bonkingheadonwall:

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

I am surprised that Elliott is in goal.  But the sad reality is that giving Mrazek time is no salvation.  If Lyon were around, he could get useful playoff experience. 

For what purpose? I wish the board would stop with Lyon. He's not an NHL goalie and he never will be. Put him in he gets lit up. I know, so do the other guys, but it's pointless to bring him up just to do no better than the others and for no other "future" purpose. 

21 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

That is what I love douche bags around here telling other people their opinion I wrong and theirs is right. Got it.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is what I love douche bags around here telling other people their opinion I wrong and theirs is right. Got it.

You didn't quote an opinion.  You quoted a fact.  And I'm a douche bag because you can't count?  Got it.

EDIT:  Correction.  You quoted two facts...1. 6 power plays, and 2. You're wrong!!  LOL

Just now, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

You didn't quote an opinion.  You quoted a fact.  And I'm a douche bag because you can't count?  Got it.

You're using shear numbers to back it is all and as I said the game was out of hand and more tacked so late when someone looks back lik you they can say oh 6 to 7 it was even.

Because well numbers tell th whole story and all no point in watching the game just look at the box score.

That doesn't take into account the non calls.

I said what I said and I stand by it.

And I never called you a douche bag.

But if the shoe fits and all keep it! :cheers:

There’s no middle ground with this team. This series is a microcosm of the season - extreme highs and lows. 

Our goaltending is unreliable but we already knew that. Giroux has played a much smaller game than Crosby. He’s mostly a non factor so far. Crosby’s winning the battle by a lot. It’s not a criticism, it’s just the facts so far. 

The team looked great in the 1st period, but couldn’t capitalize on about 3 excellent chances, and kinda lost the hometown energy. Their play sagged from 2nd period puck drop.

Then they got really undisciplined and the Pens cashed in, and the Flyers didn’t score on their own PP.

Still just 2-1 in the series though. Win on Wednesday, then it’s best of three. If the Flyers win this series, it will be because Elliott stood on his head at least three more times. That’s kinda what it comes down to, unfortunately. 

We can’t rely on scoring 3+ goals to win. We need Elliott to summon three more great ones.

Can he do it?

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I'm sorry, I came here late as I was golfing today and did not see the game.  HOW many PP's did the Flyers get?????

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

Their play sagged from 2nd period puck drop.

Yeah they have to be squeezing their sticks awful hard knowing they aren't getting consistent goaltending to help bail them out some.

It seems every mistake is a goal see Raffl's turnover that lead to wrap around goal.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of a non factor Wayne Simmonds is. No sho yet for the playoffs.

His showing or lack thereof lately is going to drop his trade value bigtime.

He's not a third liner that's why.... He deserves better line mates , and TK to the first line. Imo Simmonds needs to be with vorachoke and raffl on the second line with read,Patrick , & lindblom on the third line and no fourth line and I wouldn't mind the d change of gudy and manbitch sitting for hagg and oduya can't get much worse than what we have back there now...

6 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

He's not a third liner that's why.... He deserves better line mates , and TK to the first line. Imo Simmonds needs to be with vorachoke and raffl on the second line with read,Patrick , & lindblom on the third line and no fourth line and I wouldn't mind the d change of gudy and manbitch sitting for hagg and oduya can't get much worse than what we have back there now...

Your second line doesn't have a center, but other than that... Nah, the third line is silly, too. 

The coach needs to keep TK with G and Jake. That is their offense. I knew once this team didn't score in the first five minutes, they were toast, and the same will hold true in Game 4. That have to score early, and preferrably, first.

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The coach needs to keep TK with G and Jake. That is their offense. I knew once this team didn't score in the first five minutes, they were toast, and the same will hold true in Game 4. That have to score early, and preferrably, first.

It's been Giroux, Coots and TK fit months and they've been one of the best lines in hockey. Why would you suddenly put Giroux and TK with dumb ass?  That didn't work last year and it still has TK on the wrong side of the ice.   Put the top line back together and keep Jake with Patrick and Lindblom.  51,12,and 17 will suck but at least there will be two lines instead of none. 

Archived