Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. WC#1 Columbus Blue Jackets

pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. WC#1 Columbus Blue Jackets  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Blue Jackets Sweep 4-0
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

Columbus AGAIN comes back from multiple goal deficit, twice in a row in this series and at least the fifth time in the last month. Just a thrill of a ride watching this team mature, built well fun to watch. 

Well, at least the Caps won't get knocked out by the Pens this time if they end up losing this series.

I do feel for Ovechkin though. It would be nice if he played on a team that wasn't cursed. And with Carlson UFA this year their window may be closed, unless they do a quick retool/rebuild (which will be difficult given their cap situation).

On 4/16/2018 at 2:01 AM, yave1964 said:

Columbus AGAIN comes back from multiple goal deficit, twice in a row in this series and at least the fifth time in the last month. Just a thrill of a ride watching this team mature, built well fun to watch. 

And they came back again tonight.  3rd OT game in a row.

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The Caps are putting a good deal of pressure on to start the 2nd OT. I think Kuznetsov gets the GW.

Well put pucks to the net and there ya go, the Capitals have now made this a series.

I know they're down in the series and everyone is making choke jokes...but, the Caps could have won all 3 games.

This series is one of those where the teams are evenly matched and playing like it. The games have been entertaining.

I'm a Hershey Bears fan so seeing some guys from the Bears on the Caps makes it more interesting for me.  I can't actually root for the Caps because their fans in my area are more unbearable than the pgh fans though.

48 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I can't actually root for the Caps because their fans in my area are more unbearable than the pgh fans though.

Honestly, IMO, Caps fans are the worst in hockey.  They make it impossible for me to ever cheer for Washington (I really dislike Ovechkin, so I would't anyway).   I get the wanting to cheer for Bears alum, though.

5 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

So Columbus wins this one in 7, 

neither team wins a home game,

the Caps :capitals: leave one round earlier than usual,

and Blue Jacket fans :bluejackets: are encouraged to

travel abroad to see a playoff victory in person...:question:

NO NO NO NO NO.   Columbus does not win this at all.  

When Trotz and Torts met in the lineup to shake hands, they looked like a pair of rams about to knock heads...both those guys always seem to have a scowl on their faces.

Then of course, they both smiled and gave each other big handshakes and pats on the back.... but it seemed testy for just a moment or two... :lol:

Rams.jpg

Damn. Just damn. I picked the Caps but really wanted the jackets to advance for my wife and because quite frankly they are a fun young team.

This series turned in game 3 when the Caps won in overtime. The CBJ win, it is all over. Instead momentum swung, Holtby played lights out and that was the proverbial that. Oh well. Props to the Caps.

Archived