Flyers 2018 draft discussion

ruxpin

10 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I didn't think the Ginning pick was a reach at all.  Bob Mac had him 43rd. Mckeens 42nd. Hockeyprospects 49th. We got him 50th. Sounds about right.

Red Line Report had Ginning 36th. A couple of comments from RLR:

"...plays mistake free...a steadying influence....solid, dependable, leader....has improved his pivots, footwork and skating dramatically...handles the puck well...very good hands...clears the zone efficiently with safe accurate passes."

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Red Line Report had Ginning 36th.

That is good value in my book.

I think he gets one more year in the SHL and then comes over early like Hagg and get an extra year to work on his game.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is good value in my book.

I think he gets one more year in the SHL and then comes over early like Hagg and get an extra year to work on his game.

Yeah that sounds about right. The SHL is a pretty good damn league. 

I see in Ginning a more physical version of Brandon Carlo. He made Boston out of his first camp.

Don't know if it has been mentioned on here, but when we acquired Mrazek from the Wings, there was a few conditions involved, if met....the Flyers get the Wings 3rd round pick in 2019. Both conditions were met A) The Flyers make the playoffs in 2018 and B) Mrazak wins 5 games for Flyers. NO WONDER they started him so many times after horrid outings....LOL! Explains a lot!!

32 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned on here, but when we acquired Mrazek from the Wings, there was a few conditions involved, if met....the Flyers get the Wings 3rd round pick in 2019. Both conditions were met A) The Flyers make the playoffs in 2018 and B) Mrazak wins 5 games for Flyers. NO WONDER they started him so many times after horrid outings....LOL! Explains a lot!!

Look that up, Jammer, the 2019 3rd would have gone TO the Wings if we made the CF and dumba...er...Mrazek won 6 games. 

There's nothing else coming to the Flyers. Sadly. 

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Look that up, Jammer, the 2019 3rd would have gone TO the Wings if we made the CF and dumba...er...Mrazek won 6 games. 

There's nothing else coming to the Flyers. Sadly. 

\

ah, you are right, I read it wrong....

1. The Philadelphia Flyers' third-round pick went to the Detroit Red Wings as the result of a trade on February 19, 2018 that sent Petr Mrazek to Philadelphia in exchange for a conditional third-round pick in 2019 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[43] The condition – Detroit will receive a third-round pick in 2018 if the Flyers qualifiy for the 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs and Mrazek wins five regular season games[44] – was converted on April 7, 2018.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

\

ah, you are right, I read it wrong....

1. The Philadelphia Flyers' third-round pick went to the Detroit Red Wings as the result of a trade on February 19, 2018 that sent Petr Mrazek to Philadelphia in exchange for a conditional third-round pick in 2019 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[43] The condition – Detroit will receive a third-round pick in 2018 if the Flyers qualifiy for the 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs and Mrazek wins five regular season games[44] – was converted on April 7, 2018.

That doesn't sound right. 

The 2018 pick was a conditional 4th. If the Flyers made the playoffs and Mrazek won 5 games, it became a third. If he won 6(?) playoff games and they made the ECF, it became a 2nd. 

The condition on the 2019 third rested on the Flyers re-signing Mrazek. They did not, so that pick should not convey.

Archived