• Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Leafs Sweep 4-0
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6
    • Leafs in 7

2 hours ago, hobie said:

And when Buffalo did beat TO it was because they were the best team.

Can't understand why Buffalo was/is so bad Eichel, O'Rielly and Ristolainen should mean instantly competitive. They're a great foundation and add Dahlin, Buffalo becomes a Cup favourite quickly.

Mittlestadt with 5 points in 6 games looks very promising and he's another center.

Good times can't be far away. 

One would think and another strong draft should be coming.  But I am not in favor of their decision to give Houseley another shot.  And they at least realize the goalie situation must change.  I would still take Miller back over any one of these bums

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kadri43 said:

Horrible game by the Leafs.

I gotta say, I'm glad I decided to stop posting on hfboards. That place is difficult sometimes.

Well, we are not quite as big as hfboards, but I like to think we have good quality and more substance with our members.

Glad to have you onboard here.

As for your Leafs, only Game 1.  I think this series is a toss up between the Bruins and Leafs.

Some people are overrating Boston, but they are far from a lock to win anything.

Leafs just need to do what they do best...win games with high intensity on the forward ranks and let Anderson make the big saves.

8 minutes ago, Kadri43 said:

Horrible game by the Leafs.

I gotta say, I'm glad I decided to stop posting on hfboards. That place is difficult sometimes.

Welcome.

That was about as bad of game by the Leafs as the Flyers played yesterday vs the Penguins.  

Kadri is likely looking at a suspension as his intent for injury was far more obvious than the 1 game undeserved by Drew Doughty.

We have some good conversations here as we have a lot of members who are just as much a fan of the game as their own favorite team.

42 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, we are not quite as big as hfboards, but I like to think we have good quality and more substance with our members.

Glad to have you onboard here.

As for your Leafs, only Game 1.  I think this series is a toss up between the Bruins and Leafs.

Some people are overrating Boston, but they are far from a lock to win anything.

Leafs just need to do what they do best...win games with high intensity on the forward ranks and let Anderson make the big saves.

The Leafs had the momentum for the whole second period until the last 4 minutes. Had the Leafs scored on the PP there, the game would have been different. 

29 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Welcome.

That was about as bad of game by the Leafs as the Flyers played yesterday vs the Penguins.  

Kadri is likely looking at a suspension as his intent for injury was far more obvious than the 1 game undeserved by Drew Doughty.

We have some good conversations here as we have a lot of members who are just as much a fan of the game as their own favorite team.

There's a good chance Kadri get's suspended, and with his history, he might get more than a game. I sincerely hope not given that we need him to help us win the series. 

46 minutes ago, Kadri43 said:

There's a good chance Kadri get's suspended, and with his history, he might get more than a game. I sincerely hope not given that we need him to help us win the series. 

The problem with Kadri is he let his emotions get the better of him and did something stupid and now he might have to pay for it. He would have been better off just skating up to Wingels and grabbing him instead of hitting him from behind or boarding. Kadri falls under the Brad Marchand category of a player that opposing fans hate.

I thought the game was a coaching issue , both in this game and thru the year.

As a fan I know that after PKing Boston will ice their 1st line, Babs should know this yet he rolled out TO's 4th line, senseless. 

Leo had the 2nd most TOI tonite, Hymen was #1, how can TO win against quality teams when these players are getting the most icetime, you can't, senseless.

Zaitsev and Hainsey had the most d TOI tonite, how is that possible, senseless.

Hainsey often PKs for the full 2 minutes which is something I've never seen before and during the regular season it might appear reasonable because of bad teams but in the playoffs, senseless.

I thought that Marner was targeted tonite, I saw Chara, Backes and others pound him at every oportunity as they should because outside of the PP he seemed the only effective TO forward. TO needs a power forward with attitude who can play in the top 6, not a Martin, not an Orr, a real player. Kadri was also aware of the targeting and decided to respond, that's a good team mate but he's not an intimidating presence. I like what Kadri did, he reacted as best he could.

Unless Babs has some master plan where he's resting TO's best players for later in the series that no one else knows of, I expect to see a far better coached game in game 2.

I know that the popular consensus in the media is that Boston will win the series but I think it's wrong unless Babs drops the ball. The whole year Babs never used the better players to PK so we're left in situations/games where 4th liners are expected to carry the load, senseless.

18 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

This Leaf team isn't made up of a bunch of almost washed up veterans that were dealt for with draft picks and prospects. Some of your best players are your youngest. They'll likely get better.

Losing JVR isn't a big deal. His goals can be replenished by a few others stepping up. His drive doesn't have to be....it wasn't there. 

I hope you're right.  :)

That a turd McMuffin of a game, with extra head cheese.

Leafs lacked finish. Bruins didn't.

I don't understand why Andersen was left in the game. I would have pulled him at 4-1 when Boston had the 5-minute power play. Game was over at that point. Let him rest for game 2 and don't risk injury.  Dumb move leaving him in.

4 hours ago, hobie said:

I thought that Marner was targeted tonite, I saw Chara, Backes and others pound him at every oportunity as they should because outside of the PP he seemed the only effective TO forward. TO needs a power forward with attitude who can play in the top 6, not a Martin, not an Orr, a real player. Kadri was also aware of the targeting and decided to respond, that's a good team mate but he's not an intimidating presence. I like what Kadri did, he reacted as best he could.

There was a penalty called on Kadri in the game for a love tap against the boards. I thought it was a BS call, and the Bruins scored on that PP if I recall correctly. 

Also, sandwiching Marner was okay but checking dingus (whatever his name was who was sitting on the ice when Kadri hit him) got Kadri a penalty. :(

On 4/12/2018 at 10:08 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Leafs aren't like the Red Wings, Bruins, Canadiens, or Penguins. This franchise doesn't get 25 chances in a row to win a Stanley Cup. They get maybe 5 and then we're into the next rebuild. 

The Leafs broke their all time franchise record for points this season.... with a figure that a half dozen other NHL teams (including Vegas) easily eclipsed as well. Vegas in year #1 has more points than the Leafs do in a century of hockey. 

So basically I'm treating this like a small window (as they've always been for Leafs fans). Leafs playoff tickets are like artifacts that you find in a museum. They're more valuable than diamonds. 

Well I hope they have a better game in game two.   Boston is very good at "bouncing"

So far the Leafs have not shown enough character to win even one game, and with Kadri out for 3 games (don't even ask) I very much doubt we have a chance now. Hope I'm wrong ... 

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

So far the Leafs have not shown enough character to win even one game, and with Kadri out for 3 games (don't even ask) I very much doubt we have a chance now. Hope I'm wrong ... 

Was he suspended for the butt check on the Bruins player?

On 13/04/2018 at 6:56 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

Going "old school" for the playoffs only...  :) 

GAME #1:  Defensive Errors

1. Polak
  2. Marleau, Hainsey
  3. Plekanac
  4. Rielly
  5. Kadri, Andersen

Made a mistake. The correct DE summary for game 1 is below:

GAME #1:  Defensive Errors

1. Van Riemsdyk, Polak
  2. Marleau, Hainsey
  3. Plekanac
  4. Rielly
  5. Kadri, Andersen

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Not looking good in Game #2 either. Leafs totally are getting out played....

As I type this Bozak cuts deficit to 3.... now 5-2 Bruins....

I don't know why I thought the Leafs could handle this team. The Leafs have no defence, and the Bruins have completely exposed that. The trade deadline was a lost opportunity for the Leafs to address their area of weakness.

(Working overtime tonight...) 

GAME # 2 - DEFENSIVE ERRORS

1. Gardiner, Brown
  2. Zaitsev
  3. Zaitsev, Andersen
  4. Hainsey, Polak
  5. Hainsey
  6. Gardiner, Rielly
  7. Dermott, Rielly, Matthews

7-3 BOS.

Unbelievable collapse. Leafs D are letting this team down. It's a systemic failure.  There isn't a line you can trust right now. 

6 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I don't know why I thought the Leafs could handle this team. The Leafs have no defence, and the Bruins have completely exposed that. The trade deadline was a lost opportunity for the Leafs to address their area of weakness.

Bergeron, Pastrnak, and Marchand have combined for 20 points in two games.  crazy good.

Going forward, I'm not sure what the Leafs do from here. This could be over in 4. Boston has no fear of Andersen whatsoever. They've basically chased him from two games already. (He should have been pulled in game 1 too.) Without a starting goalie to frustrate the opposition, the Leafs have nothing to fall back on.

Kadri is gone, and he seems to be the team's only "spark plug" type player. I don't know if he'll see another game in this series. Could very well be over before he comes back.

I was hoping the kids would take a step forward this year in their development, but I'm not seeing it here yet.

Neither of the games has been close. Unless the Bruins just take a night off out of boredom, I don't know what the Leafs can show them in game 3 that they can't easily handle. 

The issue is with the personnel, not the coach, IMHO. As I have said before, the Leafs biggest problem is that they have no team toughness at all. You cannot build a successful team in the NHL based wholly on talent, there simply isn't enough talent to go around when there are 32 teams in the league.

They are getting completely manhandled by the Broons, in every department. This cannot be corrected during this series I'm afraid. I still hold out hope for the next game (typical Leafs fan) though. Fingers crossed... ??

Archived