This team has all the personality of Hakstol

RonJeremy

This team has no personality, I have never seen a Flyer team take such a beating on the scoreboard and just accept the beating. The old time teams would have sent a message for the next game ..a fight , a cheap shot , a bunch of big hits, roughing up Cindy and wiping that fruity smirk off his face . We have done nothing. I sure do miss Hartnell, and the more physical and exciting Flyers teams of the old days. We have a good nucleus, but we need some heart and soul players with grit and skill.

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I must admit i do to and the heart and soul play he brought...of course we would have to live with the falling down too...

And the very untimely foolish penalties

Agree 100 percent on the soft thing.  That comes from our statue coach.  When you get that far down and that game is decided.... send some messages... don't sit back and take the heat.    geeeez it's hard to watch this team at times.   We need to give these guys some character pills... and give them a coach that knows how to motivate.

I can't figure out what happened to this bunch. Seriously. After 10 minutes they looked deflated. 

Part of that is the Hakstol Effect. Part of that is talent...they can't finish offensively and self-deflate.   That said, even Coach Dave admitted after the game he should have yanked Elliott, called a time out...and yes...told these people they are earning more in one year than most Americans earn in a lifetime and get off their arses.  

14 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I can't figure out what happened to this bunch. Seriously. After 10 minutes they looked deflated. 

Part of that is the Hakstol Effect. Part of that is talent...they can't finish offensively and self-deflate.   That said, even Coach Dave admitted after the game he should have yanked Elliott, called a time out...and yes...told these people they are earning more in one year than most Americans earn in a lifetime and get off their arses.  

Hey it's Wayne Simmonds!!!!!!

Image result for milquetoast gif

:VeryCool:

8 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Toast or White Bread?  Hummm......maybe I shouldn't go there.  

I do not think he's been the same since the tooth/mouth destruction.  

milque·toast

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey it's Wayne Simmonds!!!!!!

Image result for milquetoast gif

:VeryCool:

I sure hope he is playing with multiple injuries b/c he is looking flat-out terrible this series.   It pains me to say it b/c I love Simmer but he has been absolutely horrible.

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

It was an odd game to watch for me Howie... they came out flying and applying pressure but as soon as they go down 1-0 it was nothing short of a collapse.   The penalties are absolutely killing this team and they need to stop with the stupid and lazy stick infractions.   That Jake penalty - I almost destroyed my TV.

Maybe it is b/c I am getting older but I think the Flyers have made progress this year.  The kids are getting valuable playoff experience right now and they have honestly been some of the better players on the ice.   

Hak is a different story - as I have said a million times he is clueless when it comes to in-game decision making.  It is great that he is recognizing his own mistakes now but let's be real here - there comes a time when he really is going to have to start taking timeouts.   I am not a fan but I don't ignore the positives either.  I am just not sure he is the coach that is going to make the sound hockey decisions when needed.   

I have no idea what to expect Wed if the Flyers go down early.   I feel like if they go down early an utter collapse is in the making and Hak is left looking like a deer in headlights (per his usual look).

4 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

It was an odd game to watch for me Howie... they came out flying and applying pressure but as soon as they go down 1-0 it was nothing short of a collapse.   The penalties are absolutely killing this team and they need to stop with the stupid and lazy stick infractions.   That Jake penalty - I almost destroyed my TV.

Maybe it is b/c I am getting older but I think the Flyers have made progress this year.  The kids are getting valuable playoff experience right now and they have honestly been some of the better players on the ice.   

Hak is a different story - as I have said a million times he is clueless when it comes to in-game decision making.  It is great that he is recognizing his own mistakes now but let's be real here - there comes a time when he really is going to have to start taking timeouts.   I am not a fan but I don't ignore the positives either.  I am just not sure he is the coach that is going to make the sound hockey decisions when needed.   

I have no idea what to expect Wed if the Flyers go down early.   I feel like if they go down early an utter collapse is in the making and Hak is left looking like a deer in headlights (per his usual look).

Dear MC:

It was a strange game to watch given their prior performance.  I have a tough time watching a goalie let one through the five-hole with no paddle on the ice...repeatedly. 

We have made progress.  The team has more mobility than prior years and we can get the puck out of our own zone.  But offensive creativity hasn't progressed.  We can give up goals in bunches.  The penalties were stupid.

I am wondering if we make the playoffs next year? This series will point out how much change we need...and next year's roster may be very different and take time to gel.

12 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Dear MC:

It was a strange game to watch given their prior performance.  I have a tough time watching a goalie let one through the five-hole with no paddle on the ice...repeatedly. 

We have made progress.  The team has more mobility than prior years and we can get the puck out of our own zone.  But offensive creativity hasn't progressed.  We can give up goals in bunches.  The penalties were stupid.

I am wondering if we make the playoffs next year? This series will point out how much change we need...and next year's roster may be very different and take time to gel.

I am not sure what to expect next year honestly.  I think everything depends on Hextall making the right moves and not signing duds like Weise to contracts.  In theory we should be adding by the mere fact we will be losing some of the stiffs on the roster - but then again I really don't have a feel.  

Goaltending needs to be addressed but I am not sure how they go about it...  Elliott is in a tough position b/c he has only been back a few games but he is not helping the situation right now.   Until they figure out the goalie situation this team is not going to be a contender.   1 A / 1 B goalies.... I could care less how they go about it as I just want someone that stops the puck and can give you a little bit of consistency.

I love they made the playoffs but I still feel like there are some very big question marks about the near and long term plan.   It will be an interesting off season. 

Archived