Jump to content

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
RonJeremy

This team has all the personality of Hakstol

Recommended Posts

This team has no personality, I have never seen a Flyer team take such a beating on the scoreboard and just accept the beating. The old time teams would have sent a message for the next game ..a fight , a cheap shot , a bunch of big hits, roughing up Cindy and wiping that fruity smirk off his face . We have done nothing. I sure do miss Hartnell, and the more physical and exciting Flyers teams of the old days. We have a good nucleus, but we need some heart and soul players with grit and skill.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I sure do miss Hartnell

 

 

I must admit i do to and the heart and soul play he brought...of course we would have to live with the falling down too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definetly missing a real sandpaper mfer like Hartnell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

 

I must admit i do to and the heart and soul play he brought...of course we would have to live with the falling down too...

We're putting up with mrazek !!! (Falling down)

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

 

I must admit i do to and the heart and soul play he brought...of course we would have to live with the falling down too...

 

And the very untimely foolish penalties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree 100 percent on the soft thing.  That comes from our statue coach.  When you get that far down and that game is decided.... send some messages... don't sit back and take the heat.    geeeez it's hard to watch this team at times.   We need to give these guys some character pills... and give them a coach that knows how to motivate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't figure out what happened to this bunch. Seriously. After 10 minutes they looked deflated. 

 

Part of that is the Hakstol Effect. Part of that is talent...they can't finish offensively and self-deflate.   That said, even Coach Dave admitted after the game he should have yanked Elliott, called a time out...and yes...told these people they are earning more in one year than most Americans earn in a lifetime and get off their arses.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I can't figure out what happened to this bunch. Seriously. After 10 minutes they looked deflated. 

 

Part of that is the Hakstol Effect. Part of that is talent...they can't finish offensively and self-deflate.   That said, even Coach Dave admitted after the game he should have yanked Elliott, called a time out...and yes...told these people they are earning more in one year than most Americans earn in a lifetime and get off their arses.  

 

Hey it's Wayne Simmonds!!!!!!

 

Image result for milquetoast gif

 

:VeryCool:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toast or White Bread?  Hummm......maybe I shouldn't go there.  

 

I do not think he's been the same since the tooth/mouth destruction.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Toast or White Bread?  Hummm......maybe I shouldn't go there.  

 

I do not think he's been the same since the tooth/mouth destruction.  

 

 

milque·toast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

milque·toast

OK, gotcha, over and out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Hey it's Wayne Simmonds!!!!!!

 

Image result for milquetoast gif

 

:VeryCool:

 

 

I sure hope he is playing with multiple injuries b/c he is looking flat-out terrible this series.   It pains me to say it b/c I love Simmer but he has been absolutely horrible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I can't figure out what happened to this bunch. Seriously. After 10 minutes they looked deflated. 

 

Part of that is the Hakstol Effect. Part of that is talent...they can't finish offensively and self-deflate.   That said, even Coach Dave admitted after the game he should have yanked Elliott, called a time out...and yes...told these people they are earning more in one year than most Americans earn in a lifetime and get off their arses.  

 

 

It was an odd game to watch for me Howie... they came out flying and applying pressure but as soon as they go down 1-0 it was nothing short of a collapse.   The penalties are absolutely killing this team and they need to stop with the stupid and lazy stick infractions.   That Jake penalty - I almost destroyed my TV.

 

Maybe it is b/c I am getting older but I think the Flyers have made progress this year.  The kids are getting valuable playoff experience right now and they have honestly been some of the better players on the ice.   

 

Hak is a different story - as I have said a million times he is clueless when it comes to in-game decision making.  It is great that he is recognizing his own mistakes now but let's be real here - there comes a time when he really is going to have to start taking timeouts.   I am not a fan but I don't ignore the positives either.  I am just not sure he is the coach that is going to make the sound hockey decisions when needed.   

 

I have no idea what to expect Wed if the Flyers go down early.   I feel like if they go down early an utter collapse is in the making and Hak is left looking like a deer in headlights (per his usual look).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

 

 

It was an odd game to watch for me Howie... they came out flying and applying pressure but as soon as they go down 1-0 it was nothing short of a collapse.   The penalties are absolutely killing this team and they need to stop with the stupid and lazy stick infractions.   That Jake penalty - I almost destroyed my TV.

 

Maybe it is b/c I am getting older but I think the Flyers have made progress this year.  The kids are getting valuable playoff experience right now and they have honestly been some of the better players on the ice.   

 

Hak is a different story - as I have said a million times he is clueless when it comes to in-game decision making.  It is great that he is recognizing his own mistakes now but let's be real here - there comes a time when he really is going to have to start taking timeouts.   I am not a fan but I don't ignore the positives either.  I am just not sure he is the coach that is going to make the sound hockey decisions when needed.   

 

I have no idea what to expect Wed if the Flyers go down early.   I feel like if they go down early an utter collapse is in the making and Hak is left looking like a deer in headlights (per his usual look).

Dear MC:

 

It was a strange game to watch given their prior performance.  I have a tough time watching a goalie let one through the five-hole with no paddle on the ice...repeatedly. 

 

We have made progress.  The team has more mobility than prior years and we can get the puck out of our own zone.  But offensive creativity hasn't progressed.  We can give up goals in bunches.  The penalties were stupid.

 

I am wondering if we make the playoffs next year? This series will point out how much change we need...and next year's roster may be very different and take time to gel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Dear MC:

 

It was a strange game to watch given their prior performance.  I have a tough time watching a goalie let one through the five-hole with no paddle on the ice...repeatedly. 

 

We have made progress.  The team has more mobility than prior years and we can get the puck out of our own zone.  But offensive creativity hasn't progressed.  We can give up goals in bunches.  The penalties were stupid.

 

I am wondering if we make the playoffs next year? This series will point out how much change we need...and next year's roster may be very different and take time to gel.

 

 

I am not sure what to expect next year honestly.  I think everything depends on Hextall making the right moves and not signing duds like Weise to contracts.  In theory we should be adding by the mere fact we will be losing some of the stiffs on the roster - but then again I really don't have a feel.  

 

Goaltending needs to be addressed but I am not sure how they go about it...  Elliott is in a tough position b/c he has only been back a few games but he is not helping the situation right now.   Until they figure out the goalie situation this team is not going to be a contender.   1 A / 1 B goalies.... I could care less how they go about it as I just want someone that stops the puck and can give you a little bit of consistency.

 

I love they made the playoffs but I still feel like there are some very big question marks about the near and long term plan.   It will be an interesting off season. 

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 2
      Post
      I sure hope he is playing with multiple injuries b/c he is looking flat-out terrible this series.   It pains me to say it b/c I love Simmer but he has been absolutely horrible.
    • 1
      Post
      This team has no personality, I have never seen a Flyer team take such a beating on the scoreboard and just accept the beating. The old time teams would have sent a message for the next game ..a fight , a cheap shot , a bunch of big hits, roughing up Cindy and wiping that fruity smirk off his face . We have done nothing. I sure do miss Hartnell, and the more physical and exciting Flyers teams of the old days. We have a good nucleus, but we need some heart and soul players with grit and skill.        
    • 1
      Post
      I can't figure out what happened to this bunch. Seriously. After 10 minutes they looked deflated.    Part of that is the Hakstol Effect. Part of that is talent...they can't finish offensively and self-deflate.   That said, even Coach Dave admitted after the game he should have yanked Elliott, called a time out...and yes...told these people they are earning more in one year than most Americans earn in a lifetime and get off their arses.  
    • 1
      Post
      Hey it's Wayne Simmonds!!!!!!    
    • 1
      Post
      OK, gotcha, over and out!
    • 1
      Post
      It was an odd game to watch for me Howie... they came out flying and applying pressure but as soon as they go down 1-0 it was nothing short of a collapse.   The penalties are absolutely killing this team and they need to stop with the stupid and lazy stick infractions.   That Jake penalty - I almost destroyed my TV.   Maybe it is b/c I am getting older but I think the Flyers have made progress this year.  The kids are getting valuable playoff experience right now and they have honestly been some of the better players on the ice.      Hak is a different story - as I have said a million times he is clueless when it comes to in-game decision making.  It is great that he is recognizing his own mistakes now but let's be real here - there comes a time when he really is going to have to start taking timeouts.   I am not a fan but I don't ignore the positives either.  I am just not sure he is the coach that is going to make the sound hockey decisions when needed.      I have no idea what to expect Wed if the Flyers go down early.   I feel like if they go down early an utter collapse is in the making and Hak is left looking like a deer in headlights (per his usual look).

About HF.net

 We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

 

 

Contact Us

 

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free
×