Too Much Garbage

caluso

3 minutes ago, caluso said:

I mean no disrespect, but are you unable to read. He just posted a .936 save percentage in the AHL -a much, much tougher place to dominate than Juniors.

And, yes, he is 24, about to be 25. HE IS RIGHT WHERE HE NEEDS TO BE!

I hate to keep doing this to you, but Lyon is already 25 and Stolarz is 24. Are you aware of that?????????

Or is it okay for your guy to be 25 but not mine?

So how are you comparing Hart to a 25 year old???

Let me know when he gets back to the NHL. Older guys dominate in the AHL we have seen it before.

BIG whoppee!!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, caluso said:

I mean no disrespect, but are you unable to read. He just posted a .936 save percentage in the AHL -a much, much tougher place to dominate than Juniors.

And, yes, he is 24, about to be 25. HE IS RIGHT WHERE HE NEEDS TO BE!

I hate to keep doing this to you, but Lyon is already 25 and Stolarz is 24. Are you aware of that?????????

Or is it okay for your guy to be 25 but not mine?

Wait... aren't you BOTH Flyers fans???

From Bill M:

Hakstol was asked on Monday about the play of the defense pairing of Andrew MacDonald and Travis Sanheim, both late in the season and in the series to date. 

"You’ve got to be able to defend well, and they’ve done a pretty good job of that. Sanny adds a different element than really anyone else on our D-corps. We’ve got other guys that are good offensively [Ivan Provorov and Gostisbehere]. I think that goes without saying; we know that," Hakstol said.

"But Sanny adds a little different element in terms of his skating ability and his ability to get up ice and join the play and at times come from way back to enter the play. That’s the element that he really brings to that pair and that’s the element that he brings to our team. He’s not as heavy in terms of the way he defends as a couple other players on our roster, but he brings that attack and skating mentality getting up ice."

snoop dogg smile GIF by VH1

11 hours ago, caluso said:

You may have played tons of hockey but your knowledge about today's game suggests that you are mis-informed. 

Ever hear of Garrett Sparks? Goalie, Toronto Marlies. The number 1 goalie in the AHL. 1.71 GA; .936 save percentage. They don't need Carter Hart, who has been a terrific goalie in the Juniors (1.6 GA; .947 save percentage), they have THE NUMBER ONE GOALIE PROSPECT IN THE AHL.  His stats dwarf those of Lyon and Stolarz - in their best years - and are a tick down from your boy, Hart, who is supposedly the Flyers savior.

The Leafs have a ton of young talent upfront (Nylander, Matthews, Marner, Kapanen) and hold a big advantage over the Flyers (Couturier, Konecny) in this area. They don't have anyone on the back end with the promise of Provorov. But overall, the Leafs future looks very bright, brighter than the Flyers' -IMHO.

And, as I said, the Bruins and Blue Jackets are also loaded. So, to assume that the Flyers' will be competing for a Cup in a few years is misguided. While the Flyers future looks brighter than it did 3 years ago, their roster is still in need of a massive upgrade to be considered legitimate Cup contenders.

Also, I plan on splicing together a tape of Sanheim stumbling and bumbling later this week. In the meantime, tune into Wednesday's game. I am sure Sanheim will prove me right.

Ok

11 hours ago, caluso said:

Also, I plan on splicing together a tape of Sanheim stumbling and bumbling later this week. In the meantime, tune into Wednesday's game. I am sure Sanheim will prove me right.

this is ridiculous.... I can put a tape together of Crosby falling as well.  Is Crosby a bad player?   Just stop...

36 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

He’s not as heavy

I really wish we could get an explanation of what Hakstol means by this. Wasn't being heavy his justification for overusing Lehtera?

Not that Sanheim is the same thing of course. Sanheim is clearly much more talented, but the term though... I just dunno.

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I really wish we could get an explanation of what Hakstol means by this. Wasn't being heavy his justification for overusing Lehtera?

Not that Sanheim is the same thing of course. Sanheim is clearly much more talented, but the term though... I just dunno.

Funny, that is what I thought when I read that quote.   

15 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

this is ridiculous.... I can put a tape together of Crosby falling as well.  Is Crosby a bad player?   Just stop...

No kidding, where do you even begin with this nonsense?

Just now, murraycraven said:

Sanheim if anything is an elite skater for his size... it is one of his best abilities.

Yeah, I genuinely can't understand what Caluso is referring to. Clearly he fell or stumbled a few times and it made an impression. His comment about #6's lack of hockey IQ are just as puzzling. Most 20 year old D-men can't play in the NHL. Some, even high drafted ones, never figure it out. 

But I think we've beaten this horse to glue and back. Caluso is a good poster, if I recall, and a Flyer fan. He's alright.

4 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I really have no idea.... 

Sanheim if anything is an elite skater for his size... it is one of his best abilities.

And honestly i don't recall him falling too much...in fact i can't remember him doing it...not saying he hasn't but it doesn't stick out in my memory...i just think he isn't happy with the Flyers and needs to bitch about something....hey i get it i'm not happy either.

However i have zero beef with Hart and don't have an issue with Lyon. 

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Most 20 year old D-men can't play in the NHL. Some, even high drafted ones, never figure it out. 

And i can't see his stud D partner coaching him up....he is too busy asking for advice!!!

I have a hard time ginning up hate for Michael Raffl, and wonder about the reasoning of those who do.

He's a good hockey player, he is not a top line player. 

His contract isn't crippling, he's faster than opponents think, he has a longer reach than opponents think, he's strong on the puck he'll hit a guy, he's good on the forecheck, he's smart.  He lacks finishing ability, that's the minus.

I don't know why he isn't killing penalties actually, he has a lot of good PKer attributes.

He's a great bottom 6 guy,  who can spend a shift or two playing up the lineup. He does not belong with Giroux and Couturier at even strength.  

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He's a great bottom 6 guy,  who can spend a shift or two playing up the lineup. He does not belong with Giroux and Couturier at even strength.

That's pretty much my view on Raffl. He can bail the team out on the top 6 when guys go down, but it's not a great regular spot for him.

Bottom six is best for the Austrian.

Now is not one of those times when we need Raffl to bail out the top 6. 

Another article about Sanheim that came out yesterday...https://flyersgraphs.com/2018/04/16/travis-sanheims-stats-compared-to-other-rookie-defenseman/

Here's a quote from it...Sanheim’s best qualities include accurate and smart outlet passes, controlled zone exits, controlled zone entries, breaking up plays in the neutral zone, and his impeccable skating ability. That skating ability grants him the recovery speed necessary in order to negate a mistake either he or a teammate has made. His greatest strength is when he has the puck on his stick. That’s when he can really take over a game and create positive outcomes for his team. Sanheim’s overall game is a work in-progress, but there is a lot to be excited about with this young man moving forward.

Now I'm no English professor...but I'm pretty sure "impeccable skating ability" doesn't mean falls down a lot.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, I genuinely can't understand what Caluso is referring to. Clearly he fell or stumbled a few times and it made an impression. His comment about #6's lack of hockey IQ are just as puzzling. Most 20 year old D-men can't play in the NHL. Some, even high drafted ones, never figure it out. 

But I think we've beaten this horse to glue and back. Caluso is a good poster, if I recall, and a Flyer fan. He's alright.

I agree caluso is a good poster....

I just dont see how anyone can try and argue that Sanheim is a bad skater....

Just now, murraycraven said:

I agree caluso is a good poster....

I just dont see how anyone can try and argue that Sanheim is a bad skater....

Maybe it's not his skating per se? Maybe he thinks Sanheim has vertigo? Who knows

30 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Now I'm no English professor...but I'm pretty sure "impeccable skating ability" doesn't mean falls down a lot.

Maybe he misspelled, "I pecked a bull?"

No idea what that means, but it sounds like it could hurt.

55 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

impeccable skating ability

Webster Dictionary .... Impeccable ...  (of behavior, performance, or appearance) in accordance with the highest standards of propriety; faultless.

synonyms: flawless, faultless, unblemished, spotless, immaculate, pristine, stainless, perfect,  

Archived