Too Much Garbage

caluso

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not even sure i just put an F.

Because when i say it i say Michael F**king Leighton with that Kane goal ever since!!!!!!!

So, I had to go to the google to check this.  Ironically, his middle initial is W.  Seriously.

And just as a reminder to everyone, His regular season record in 2010 was:

27 games 16- 5 -2  GAA     2.48  SV% .920                

His playoff record in 2010 was:

14  games 8- 3   GAA     2.46  SV% .916

He also posted 3 shutouts in the series against the Canadiens.

We would all love to have the goalie with those stats on the team right now if you didn't know it was Michael W. Leighton we were talking about.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

He also posted 3 shutouts in the series against the Canadiens.

And hasn't been done since.

And yeah after watching Elliott I would welcome him. Sadly.

Too many garbage penalties being taken by TK .... They need to calm to this kid down and try to get him to focus on the task at hand or else he's gonna help them win this series by taking these stupid penalties Elliot had enough imo .... Way to slow post to post... And why flop zip tight from one post to the other not just flail across and wave your glove at the air.....

Speaking of garbage guys who need to be gone this offseason:

Simmonds trade him for what you can now...i think after this year his stock has dropped. Had i know this i would have moved him at the deadline while we could get good value for him. Now i'm not so sure what he can bring back. His last year of his deal is solid.

Weal tired of watching this kid get pushed around so easy.

Guys who will just be left to walk away: Manning, Read and Filppula.

I wish the Flyers could eat half of Lehteable's salary and move him somewhere too.

Weise i would buyout maybe.

Mcdud i think will just ride out next year and then once he is in the last year of his deal traded during the season.

I would like something like this:

28 Claude Giroux - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
54 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick- 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton- 23 Misha Vorobyev - 9 Nick Aube-Kubel  
15 Jori Lehterä - 15 Jori Lehterä - 12 Michael Raffl

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leier Martel

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

55 Sam Morin - 6 Travis Sanheim 
47 Andrew MacDonald - 8 Hagg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gudas

37 Brian Elliott
???????????????????????????????

Hopefully someone to push Elliott and in fact steal his damn job.

I am going to name Carter Hutton as a backup on a 2 year deal.

Thoughts and complaints welcome.

Very hungover from too much tequila last night.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am going to name Carter Hutton as a backup on a 2 year deal.

That's the way I would go, as well.

Given how bad Allen has been, Armstrong would have to be nuts to let him walk.   Good thing Armstrong is nuts.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

That's the way I would go, as well.

Given how bad Allen has been, Armstrong would have to be nuts to let him walk.   Good thing Armstrong is nuts.

Great point Rux I'm hoping you're wrong.

I think Hutton can unseat Elliott easily.

But he may want to just stay put.

Not many other options out there though unless a trade is made.

All I know this goaltending must be fixed.

And finally it seems the front office has seen enough of Mrazek to know he is not an option that will improve the situation.

Honestly if I had my way I would cut bait with Elliott too and let Stolie and Lyon battle it out for the backup job to Hutton.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Great point Rux I'm hoping you're wrong.

I think Hutton can unseat Elliott easily.

But he may want to just stay put.

Not many other options out there though unless a trade is made.

All I know this goaltending must be fixed.

And finally it seems the front office has seen enough of Mrazek to know he is not an option that will improve the situation.

Honestly if I had my way I would cut bait with Elliott too and let Stolie and Lyon battle it out for the backup job to Hutton.

There's nothing else truly exciting.

Khudobin might be available.   Like Hutton, he'd just be backup but could potentially push Elliott.   I'm not hoping to go to war with either Hutton or Khudobin, but both are an improvement over the crapfest we have now.

Johnson from Buffalo or Hutchinson from the Jets.    Neither inspires confidence but if you're looking for kind of competent...

Yeah, it might take a trade.  I have  no idea for whom.   I wonder if Vegas would consider Subban for something.  That poor guy can't stay healthy, though.

Not sure how they will be able to move our porcelain doll of a goaltender, Nuevirth?

I know I am problably in the minority here but I think the should look at shopping Jake. He’s not worth his contract and I think there would be a lot of interest. 

17 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Not sure how they will be able to move our porcelain doll of a goaltender, Nuevirth?

I know I am problably in the minority here but I think the should look at shopping Jake. He’s not worth his contract and I think there would be a lot of interest. 

Do it if you can. He's an idiot

41 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not hoping to go to war with either Hutton or Khudobin, but both are an improvement over the crapfest we have now.

I understand but Hutton finished 6th in save percentage (931%) for the year not to shabby.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?report=goaliesummary&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20172018&seasonTo=20172018&gameType=2&filter=timeOnIce,gte,50&sort=savePctg

I like him over anything they have right now....and we know Hexy wants to got the old guy/vet/cheap route.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I understand but Hutton finished 6th in save percentage (931%) for the year not to shabby.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?report=goaliesummary&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20172018&seasonTo=20172018&gameType=2&filter=timeOnIce,gte,50&sort=savePctg

I like him over anything they have right now....and we know Hexy wants to got the old guy/vet/cheap route.

Hutton was a Flyer property at one point, right?

5 minutes ago, vis said:

yes ....

On March 26, 2010, Hutton was signed by the Philadelphia Flyers after his season in college was over. He played in 4 games for the Phantoms and dressed in several for the Philadelphia Flyers as Brian Boucher's backup after being called up while Johan Backlund was out with an injury.

On June 1, 2010, Hutton was signed by the San Jose Sharks as an unrestricted free agent.[On August 1, 2011, the Rockford IceHogs signed Hutton to a one-year AHL contract.

28 minutes ago, vis said:

He was signed to PTO contract back in 2010 and backed Boucher up in net...or Leighton when they went through all those goalies.

What about Holtby? Two year  contract someone mentioned his salary but I don't remember what it was but I don't think it was too big a hit especially if and when they dump the dead weights, but he's back in net for the Caps so that might change things on that front , I think Simmonds will have a Giroux type year next year, provided they don't stick him with the wrong linemates, heal over the summer get a good camp and then be back to the Simmonds we all know , vorachoke as long as you keep him away from G you'll be ok ... Just get him someone else to only pass to , like Patrick. Laughton MUST GO MANBITCH MUST GO GUDASS SHOULD PROBABLY GO (used to be a fan but he doesn't play his game anymore, thanks to the refs, Weiss, Read, sluggo lehtera, and Weal all can go too

52 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

What about Holtby?

I would absolutely try to make that happen, especially on a short-term 2 year with an option for a 3rd type contract.

I think he is a good player, his teams quit scoring in the second round of the playoffs, it's not like he's throwing .875/3.8 gaa around in the playoffs, he's .932/ 1.98...that is a clear upgrade. Over what's going on now.

I watched him when he was in the A, he's a good guy too, he would be good in the room. 

3 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

What about Holtby? Two year  contract someone mentioned his salary but I don't remember what it was but I don't think it was too big a hit especially if and when they dump the dead weights

Yeah I mentioned him the other day he has two years left at 6 mill per.

However I can't see the Caps dealing him to a rival unless it's a gross overpayment.

I guess it was more fantasy in my mind than anything.

20 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

Everyone seems to want to move Simmonds.... That might persuade Wash if we throw him into the mix...

How about this crazy idea (I know there is a padded room waiting for me)...

...trade Jake for Doughty...sure it could take more I get it.

Then trade Giroux for Karlsson!!!

So the blue line could look like this...

Provorov/Karlsson

Ghost/Doughty

Sanheim/Hagg

Man that would be nasty.

Yeah I know...

...who will replace GIroux and Jake.

???? Coots TK

Lindblom Patrick NAK

Laughton Vorobyev Raffl

Leier Lehtera Weise

Maybe they can sign a LW.

Ok I'm ready for my room...

:haha:

13 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

it's not like he's throwing .875/3.8 gaa around in the playoffs,

You know what? Your hypothetical .875/3.8 goalie would STILL be an upgrade over what we have now.

Elliott, .856/4.75

Mrazek, .857/3.87

Neuvirth, .846/3.75

1 hour ago, brelic said:

You know what? Your hypothetical .875/3.8 goalie would STILL be an upgrade over what we have now.

Elliott, .856/4.75

Mrazek, .857/3.87

Neuvirth, .846/3.75

Archived