• Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • knights in 7
    • Sharks Sweep 4-0
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

VegasSanJose.jpg

All discussion regarding the Vegas / San series go here please.

Time/Date:

Thursday, April 26, 10pm: Sharks @ Golden Knights | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

Saturday, April 28, 8pm: Sharks @ Golden Knights | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

Monday, April 30, 10pm: Golden Knights @ Sharks | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 2, 10pm: Golden Knights @ Sharks | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Friday, May 4, 10pm: Sharks @ Golden Knights | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Sunday, May 6, TBD: Golden Knights @ Sharks | TBD

*Tuesday, May 8, TBD: Sharks @ Golden Knights | TBD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

Kind of surprised there is not more remarks, comments or insight here yet.

Most of us are too busy focusing all of our energy on the trainwreck in Philly. They’ll be comments soon I’m sure.

6 minutes ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

So I don't get into forums to often. I was looking this over and joined hoping to get into some good discussions. After looking it over, is it fair to say this is predominantly a Flyers forum???

First of all welcome!

Yes.  It was founded almost 10 years ago by a Flyers fan.  We were disgusted at our previous watering hole, hence this site was formed/born  Although the vast majority of members are Flyer fans, we have a great many fans from all over.  We have many knowledgeable fans from all walks of life.   It is a great hockey community and we try to discuss all the NHL teams. 

I think, and I could be wrong here, but you may be the first Knights fan from Nevada here.  So again welcome!

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

First of all welcome!

Yes.  It was founded almost 10 years ago by a Flyers fan.  We were disgusted at our previous watering hole, hence this site was formed/born  Although the vast majority of members are Flyer fans, we have a great many fans from all over.  We have many knowledgeable fans from all walks of life.   It is a great hockey community and we try to discuss all the NHL teams. 

I think, and I could be wrong here, but you may be the first Knights fan from Nevada here.  So again welcome!

From Nevada, I think so.   There was the guy from British Columbia who burned all his Canucks gear, killed three small puppies and a Vietnamese family with two small children, turned over a bus, and kicked a crossing guard and became a Knights' fan.   But...

There are a few others, too, but the Vancouver guy is most memorable.

Welcome, Vegas!

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

From Nevada, I think so.   There was the guy from British Columbia who burned all his Canucks gear, killed three small puppies and a Vietnamese family with two small children, turned over a bus, and kicked a crossing guard and became a Knights' fan.   But..

Oh yes ...I stand corrected!  LOL   He was a serious piece of work ... LOL

I'd have an easier time cheering for Vegas if it wasn't their first year.  They have a bunch of quality people on their team (people.   I don't include Neal in this) who you really want to cheer for and see do well.    Kind of "Island of Misfit Toys Takes Manhattan."   That part of the story is really cool.   There's nothing really wrong with a first year team, I guess.  Still a story.   It's just that I think a fan base should have to build for something.    It's like starting Star Wars with Luke converting Vader and defeating the Emperor.    

I think Vegas vs. San Jose will be an interesting series.  But honestly, if they so easily dispatched the Kings I really don't see the Sharks winning this.  I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off of Vegas, but I'm thinking that doesn't happen.   I don't think they'll sweat until they play Nashville or Winnipeg.   Even then, I think either might be in trouble.

I have the Pens winning this, though, until they don't.

@Vegas Always Wins WELCOME!

I must admit I don’t follow the Western Conference as close as the Eastern. Vegas really seemed to catch lighting in a bottle this season and had an awesome first year, very impressive! 

I think the Sharks will score more than the Kings did against Vegas’ first but Vegas has a clear advantage in goal. The Sharks should pose more of a challenge but I think Vegas will advance to the conference finals.

51 minutes ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

So I don't get into forums to often. I was looking this over and joined hoping to get into some good discussions. After looking it over, is it fair to say this is predominantly a Flyers forum???

Well, it does have an excess of flyer fans, but a lot stay in their section.

Definitely a great forum and lots of good friends here :) 

Welcome and good lu....no I can't say good luck. It always bites me in the arse.

go sharks

3 hours ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

:welcome:

As others have said above, this site was started from a poorly run Flyers forum, but the intent from day ONE has always been to grow a forum for all hockeyfans.  Many of us partake in discussions throughout the site and post topics and blogs for discussion.  While we may not be large you will find great group of guys and gals here who love the game, so I hope you choose to stick around and post with us throughout the site.

20 minutes ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

I am not thrilled with this "needs to be approved by a moderator". When does that end?

Shortly. It's just a precautionary measure . Please bear with it for a few more posts.....

23 minutes ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

I am not thrilled with this "needs to be approved by a moderator". When does that end?

I understand.  The default is 5 approved posts, but I changed your status to member 1 post early.    :)

We do this so that the members of this site never see the nonsense from those who join here and try to post spam for personal gain.

15 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I put Knights in 6, but I honestly haven't the foggiest idea.

That's about where I am, Rux. I mean I'm usually a whole 

lotta this -- :hithead: -- when I'm making sport predictions whether I 

go with my gut, research things, hearken back to fonder times :lol: , 

or what have you. 

I put the Sharks winning in 7 and I honestly have little to go on other than 

this vague thought that SJ'll look at this as them putting these 

upstart Vegasonians in their place. So that they can have the honor of 

losing to Nashville :predators: 

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

..There was the guy from British Columbia who burned all his Canucks gear, killed three small puppies and a Vietnamese family with two small children, turned over a bus, and kicked a crossing guard and became a Knights' fan...   

That's exactly how I remember it too! :D 

12 hours ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

Kind of surprised there is not more remarks, comments or insight here yet.

Hello...! :welcome: 

Honestly it took me a bit to comment here because I'm 

still reeling from two sweeps that shocked me. If I were 

asked right before the playoffs began to pick the two matchups 

that almost certainly wouldn't be sweeps, I'd've looked 

over the bracket, spied its southwest corner, and blurted out: 

No way it's gonna be Kings v. Knights or Ducks v. Sharks! 

Obviously I am biased...however, in the spirit of intelligible insight. I would very much enjoy hearing some counter perspective on what the Sharks have to counter the Knights advantages. Helping those of you blindly jumping on the Sharks bandwagon, or loathing the Knights because they are an expansion team and therefore will lose because they have not earned it yet. The X's and O's favor the Knights. The energy at T-Mobile gives them another gear. Vegas was 3-0-1 in the regular season versus the Sharks, including two games with Kane on the Sharks top line. Vegas clinched the division against the Sharks. But perhaps the biggest factor in this series for folks willing to put their bias aside is that Vegas is playing with a healthy roster for the first time since early January. The Kings offered a bigger challenge than the Sharks do. I don't expect San Jose will get swept, and they will find more scoring than the Kings did, but aside from personal animosities toward the Knights (not necessarily just here), I have yet to find anyone offering actual advantages for the Sharks.

41 minutes ago, Vegas Always Wins said:

Obviously I am biased...however, in the spirit of intelligible insight. I would very much enjoy hearing some counter perspective on what the Sharks have to counter the Knights advantages. Helping those of you blindly jumping on the Sharks bandwagon, or loathing the Knights because they are an expansion team and therefore will lose because they have not earned it yet. The X's and O's favor the Knights. The energy at T-Mobile gives them another gear. Vegas was 3-0-1 in the regular season versus the Sharks, including two games with Kane on the Sharks top line. Vegas clinched the division against the Sharks. But perhaps the biggest factor in this series for folks willing to put their bias aside is that Vegas is playing with a healthy roster for the first time since early January. The Kings offered a bigger challenge than the Sharks do. I don't expect San Jose will get swept, and they will find more scoring than the Kings did, but aside from personal animosities toward the Knights (not necessarily just here), I have yet to find anyone offering actual advantages for the Sharks.

You may be biased, but I think that Vegas is the team to beat this year.  It's incredible what they've been able to accomplish in their first year (a lot of us are just jealous).  

Do you go to the games?  I can only imagine what the atmosphere is like.

I went to only two. Tickets were sold out early on as season tickets. The only real single game option has been buying brokered tickets, even back in October and November they were 2X's actual price. By the seasons end they were $150.00 per seat for nose bleed and during the first two Kings games the cheapest you could get were $215 each. I considered going down to L.A. because they had plenty of tickets available starting at $60.00. It is absolutely insane what people are willing to pay here. If you want to sit lower level they were being scalped for between $400 up to $950 during the Kings series. CRAZY...

20 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Well, it does have an excess of flyer fans, but a lot stay in their section.

Definitely a great forum and lots of good friends here :) 

Welcome and good lu....no I can't say good luck. It always bites me in the arse.

go sharks

Since I may be the only VGK supporter here, are you the only Shark supporter?

Archived