• Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • knights in 7
    • Sharks Sweep 4-0
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

13 hours ago, hf101 said:

Evander Kane will serve a 1 game suspension for his cross check to Bellamare's head.

This is the first time I've seen this.   That got a suspension???    Yikes.    A 2:00 minor, sure.   I don't see a major (did he draw blood? then 4:00), but holy hitting a fly with a sledgehammer, batman.

They're turning the game into golf.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

This is the first time I've seen this.   That got a suspension???    Yikes.    A 2:00 minor, sure.   I don't see a major (did he draw blood? then 4:00), but holy hitting a fly with a sledgehammer, batman.

They're turning the game into golf.

Can you imagine what Pronger would have gotten in "today's game?

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm enjoying reading these posts after game one.  LOL

lol, maybe I should start picking the Knights and that way they will lose, lol. That pretty much sums up all of my postseason prognostications so far:hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:. Maybe it was just from doing all of my picking while sitting on an island sipping Mai Tai's. I think if it is a lot like your unhealthy dislike of the Blues and Capitals. Not really sure why I don't like them other than I think an expansion city should have to suffer for a bit before they are any good and I am tired of hearing about them.

Oh well, if nothing else at least I am back, that six hour time difference really screws with you. You eat dinner and go to check what time the games are on and they are already over.

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

lol, maybe I should start picking the Knights and that way they will lose, lol. That pretty much sums up all of my postseason prognostications so far:hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:. Maybe it was just from doing all of my picking while sitting on an island sipping Mai Tai's. I think if it is a lot like your unhealthy dislike of the Blues and Capitals. Not really sure why I don't like them other than I think an expansion city should have to suffer for a bit before they are any good and I am tired of hearing about them.

Oh well, if nothing else at least I am back, that six hour time difference really screws with you. You eat dinner and go to check what time the games are on and they are already over.

OT post, but...

Welcome back Yave, glad you enjoyed your time with family in a paradise setting!

You are now back to the mainland with the better type weather just now coming upon us.

Enjoy the playoffs and the outdoors back home, will ya! :cheers:

On 4/27/2018 at 1:14 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

The Sharks need to come back with a vengeance.  I watched the part of the game when it was 4-0 and the Sharks had a 5 on 3 and could not beat Fleury.  They played well but the hot goalie stoned them

On 4/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ya.....some good ganja will do that.

Pretty smart of MAF to send some complimentary stuff to the Sharks locker room...   :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Are you serious?

I think so. Little-known fact about Fleury was that Pittsburgh 

left him unprotected during the expansion draft in part because he's 

an unrelenting fanatic about decriminalizing marijuana for recreational use. 

His lengthy tirades about federal government policy regarding that had

started to derail practices, morale, and even games.    

So now with San Jose it seems Marc-Andre has moved from

simply getting sudsy on the soapbox--

to turning opponent locker rooms into a hotbox. I can 

respect him for thinking that words alone aren't enough, 

but I have to wonder if he'll prove too much even for 

Sin City and they'll leave him for the

possible Seattle pickings. :thinking: 

Wow ... Vegas's speed is killing the Sharks.  Karlsson with his 2nd of the game. 2-0 Knights.  Sharks better right this ship quickly or else the Sharks will be in a world of hurt possibly going down 2-0.

EDIT.. Sharks get their 1st goal of the series while on the PP.

2-1 Knights 17:30 to go in 2nd period .....

7 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

OT post, but...

Welcome back Yave, glad you enjoyed your time with family in a paradise setting!

You are now back to the mainland with the better type weather just now coming upon us.

Enjoy the playoffs and the outdoors back home, will ya! :cheers:

He's back to OHIO. LOL

Never trust a state that ends with the same letter with which it starts. 

@yave1964, we spent last weekend in the Canton/Dover area. Actually really liked it, but the people there can't drive for ****. 

8 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Wow ... Vegas's speed is killing the Sharks.  Karlsson with his 2nd of the game. 2-0 Knights.  Sharks better right this ship quickly or else the Sharks will be in a world of hurt possibly going down 2-0.

EDIT.. Sharks get their 1st goal of the series while on the PP.

2-1 Knights 17:30 to go in 2nd period .....

Bam. 1-1.Let's take this to the Shark tank now :)

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, hf101 said:

Can you imagine what Pronger would have gotten in "today's game?

Man I remember that play as if it were yesterday, Holmstrom had to have blood drained from behind his eye. Just positively nasty. That series had all the intensity of an old Wings Avalanche series, obviously I didny enjoy the results but I loved the way both teams kept upping their game and just when you thought this cannot possibly get any more intense Pronger or one of the Niedermayer boys or Kronner or Chelios would ramp it up. Ottawa was the opponent coming from the East that year and it was clear to anyone watching that the real SCF was the epic battle in the West. Two veteran teams full of nasty give no quarter players playing at their highest intensity. Obviously I didn't like the result but wow was it a fun series. 

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

He's back to OHIO. LOL

Never trust a state that ends with the same letter with which it starts. 

@yave1964, we spent last weekend in the Canton/Dover area. Actually really liked it, but the people there can't drive for ****. 

Ohio, we treat stop signs more as a suggestion than as an actual rule, lol.

33 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Ohio, we treat stop signs more as a suggestion than as an actual rule, lol.

I'm okay with that. It's the algebra equation many, if not most, Ohioans use to subtract 10-15 mph from every speed limit sign...and still insist on driving in the left lane.  It's amazing. 

I-77, in particular, but I notice it as soon as I'm across I-80.  The only thing I can figure is the speeding tickets in Ohio must be thousands of dollars that most are conditioned to go so slow. I always feel like an NHL player skating among Flyers. 

Knights go up 2-1 in series with OT win last night.  Damn, I wish this series was not on the West Coast.  I just can't stay up that late to watch these games. Huge game 4 coming up.  Sharks can't go down 3-1.

Folks, we have ourselves a series! 

All even at two games apiece so perhaps JR ;) 

best get a bucket handy for some possible tears 

given San Jose's trending upwardly. 

In the spirit of sportsmanship I expect the Sharks to provide 

details to the Kings on how they cracked, smacked, and 

thwacked Fleury's code. :D 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:56 PM, mkscrewy said:

i want the sharks to win just so Roenick can cry about it.

also, i hate james neal.

Roenick loves the sharks. He hated Patrick Marleau, but he loved the rest of the sharks in his short time here. Not sure why he would cry about it.

Welp.....so much for the Sharks not having anything to counter the Knights or not having the ability to make adjustments in the series.

After being initially "punched in the gut" by Vegas, the veteran Sharks have responded quite well and in their two wins, have ABSOLUTELY looked like the kind of team that could make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

As I stated before the series started, Brent Burns will be a factor that Vegas HAS to account for...... the Knights really saw nothing like him on the blue line when they played the Kings and playoff Brent Burns is a different animal than regular season Brent Burns too.

At any rate, I have no problem with the Vegas Knights remaining favored to win (my pick was Vegas in 7), but for anyone who thought this would be a waltz-through for the Knights simply has sipped one too many golden kool aids.....

Series goes back to Vegas and it all comes down to a best of 3 with the Knights holding the possible home ice deciding card.

When the sharks have the wind in their sails they look like a fantastic team, one that could certainly knock Vegas out of the playoffs. It's just the wind doesn't always blow

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow.

3-0

In a elimination game.

Didn't see that coming.

Is this what awaits the Jets or Preds?

With the way MAF is playing..... wow.....

5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Congrats to the Knights, still don't like them but they played a stranglingdefensive series and completely shut down the Sharks. 

I don't like the idea of their winning the Cup (or even advancing) for the reasons you've stated.   But for the players and the coaches, you almost have to cheer the way they've come together and the way they're playing.  It's quite impressive.

For those who don't have access to NHL.com or who cannot use their stats filters or just don't like MAF (not mentioning any names)...

.951 SV%  (1st)
1.53 GAA (1st)

344 Shots Against (1st)

If this continues, "Fleury" may well be French for "Conn Smythe".

Archived