Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 2 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins

Eastern Conference: Round 2 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Series?

• Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Peguins Sweep in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

Posted (edited)

PensCaps.jpg

All discussion regarding the Pens vs Caps series should go here.

Time/Dates:

Washington Capitals (M1) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2)

Thursday, April 26, 7pm: Penguins @ Capitals | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

Sunday, April 29, 3pm: Penguins @ Capitals | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Tuesday, May 1, 7:30pm: Capitals @ Penguins | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports 2

Thursday, May 3, 7pm: Capitals @ Penguins | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports

*Saturday, May 5, TBD: Penguins @ Capitals | TBD

*Monday, May 7, TBD: Capitals @ Penguins | TBD

*Wednesday, May 9, TBD: Penguins @ Capitals | TBD

Edited by pilldoc
added schedule

I am going to say Capitals in 6. Here's why this year will be different:

The Capitals are actually playing decent hockey in the playoffs, and Braden Holtby is playing well. The Penguins looked vulerable in the first series against the Flyers, and I think they will have a harder time with Washington then in past years.

Ovechkin and Backstrom have come to play this year. They seem like completely different players than the last two postseason, maybe realizing they need to find another gear to take this team on a run.

Time will tell me how wrong I am, but here's to hoping.

Posted (edited)

Bettman and the league office will ensure this series goes 7 and in the end NBC will insist the Pens win.

On the serious side, I think the adversity the Caps faced in round one will carry over in this battle with the Pens.

Caps in 5 

Edited by Samifan

Someone from the Capitals will be in charge of locking and tying down Pierre McGuire and Gary Bettman in a broom closet at the NHL headquarters. This is almost like Michael Jordan vs. the Pistons. Ovechkin finally gets past his nemesis, Crosby and the Penguins. Four OT games in this series, two in double OT. The Capitals win 3 of them, and I think Ovechkin finally shows up and plays very well in a big series. I'm going with Washington in 6.

Capitals sweep. I think it's their year. OV has to win one, right? Right? RIGHT?

Posted (edited)

Interesting facts...

The Pens have gone through Washington every year they have won the Cup...

This will be the 12th playoff series between these two franchises. The Pens are 10-1 losing only in 1994...

Edited by B21
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, B21 said:

Interesting facts...

The Pens have gone through Washington every year they have won the Cup...

This will be the 12th playoff series between these two franchises. The Pens are 10-1 losing only in 1994...

This actually is pretty mind boggling how one franchise can have the number of another spanning back decades.

So this trend either continues or the Capitals FINALLY get their due against the Penguins.

No way to really tell.

I would think given that Crosby and his group have already won a few Cups, while Ovechkin and his team have won none, the pressure is all on the Caps.

Washington also has quite a few veteran soon-to-be UFA's who may not all be coming back, so a bit more sense of "get it done now!".

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Things never to do:

Never go to a dentist nicknamed Spike or one missing a finger.

Never trust a waiters recommendation after 10 pm

Never bet on Ovechkin against Crosby in a playoff series.

Pens in six.

• Like 1

I'm just trying to figure out which new and different way the Caps will find to lose this time.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

I'm just trying to figure out which new and different way the Caps will find to lose this time.

You mean....they HAVEN'T exhausted them all already?? :VeryCool:

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You mean....they HAVEN'T exhausted them all already?? :VeryCool:

Something like this maybe? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, B21 said:

Something like this maybe? 

Wait a minute...the refs wear gold and black in that sport too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FD19372 said:

Wait a minute...the refs wear gold and black in that sport too?

And the bad goalie has orange... :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, B21 said:

And the bad goalie has orange... :cheers:

No the forward's name was Malkin and illegally pushed the goalie into the net...and of course, there was no call.

I have this feeling that Washington does it this year. Ovie is running out of time, and he's going to be very amped to finally get by the Pens. 

I think the Caps(Especially Ovie and Wilson) are going to come out ultra physical.   Ollie better watch out as he's vulnerable with his lack of speed.

Lastly, I think the Caps PP will almost be at 40%.    If it becomes a special teams series, this could be quick. 

Sigh, Caps in 6.

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

This actually is pretty mind boggling how one franchise can have the number of another spanning back decades.

So this trend either continues or the Capitals FINALLY get their due against the Penguins.

No way to really tell.

I would think given that Crosy and his group have already one a few Cups, while Ovechkin and his team have won none, the pressure is all on the Caps.

Washington also has quite a few veteran soon-to-be UFA's who may not all be coming back, so a bit more sense of "get it done now!".

Absolutely.  Add to that the fact that the Pens are coming off of back to back cups and have nothing to prove.  Not sure how much these things really factor in, especially with new players on both teams, but it certainly affects the fans. 

• Like 1

No Malkin or Hagelin for game 1.

The Capitals take this series in 5 games

• Like 2

paging Buffalo Rick, Miller Time, Idle Lumina, Coconut Halibut, Applebee's All-Star, or whatever name you go by this day and age; please take the Pens in 5. 

Thanks from the Flyers Nation

• Haha 2

I want to say the Caps finally do it, but I've been fooled too many times by them to pick them.

Which of course probably means they will pull it off now.

9 hours ago, nossagog said:

I have this feeling that Washington does it this year. Ovie is running out of time, and he's going to be very amped to finally get by the Pens. 

I think the Caps(Especially Ovie and Wilson) are going to come out ultra physical.   Ollie better watch out as he's vulnerable with his lack of speed.

Lastly, I think the Caps PP will almost be at 40%.    If it becomes a special teams series, this could be quick. 

Sigh, Caps in 6.

Hmm....REVERSE psychology..... very clever, Watson, clever indeed....   :cointoss:

44 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

I want to say the Caps finally do it, but I've been fooled too many times by them to pick them.

Which of course probably means they will pull it off now.

CapsFans.jpg

:bigteeth:

4 hours ago, Bertmega said:

paging Buffalo Rick, Miller Time, Idle Lumina, Coconut Halibut, Applebee's All-Star, or whatever name you go by this day and age; please take the Pens in 5. 

Thanks from the Flyers Nation

I wish it was possible to like a post an infinite amount of times. Just one like doesn’t do this one justice!!!  😂

• Like 2

Well Hagelin didn't even travel with the team to DC, so I'm guessing he's days out from playing.

• Like 1

:lookingboard: Honestly I'm bored with this playoff matchup. 

Too many occurrences in too few seasons and it's 

the same result every time. I'm counting on Columbus :bluejackets: 

or some other team to prevent this same-old-same-old 

next time 'round. :waiting: