Eastern Conference: Round 2 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins

pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 2 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Series?

• Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Peguins Sweep in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

PensCaps.jpg

All discussion regarding the Pens vs Caps series should go here.

Time/Dates:

Washington Capitals (M1) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2)

Thursday, April 26, 7pm: Penguins @ Capitals | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

Sunday, April 29, 3pm: Penguins @ Capitals | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Tuesday, May 1, 7:30pm: Capitals @ Penguins | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports 2

Thursday, May 3, 7pm: Capitals @ Penguins | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports

*Saturday, May 5, TBD: Penguins @ Capitals | TBD

*Monday, May 7, TBD: Capitals @ Penguins | TBD

*Wednesday, May 9, TBD: Penguins @ Capitals | TBD

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to say Capitals in 6. Here's why this year will be different:

The Capitals are actually playing decent hockey in the playoffs, and Braden Holtby is playing well. The Penguins looked vulerable in the first series against the Flyers, and I think they will have a harder time with Washington then in past years.

Ovechkin and Backstrom have come to play this year. They seem like completely different players than the last two postseason, maybe realizing they need to find another gear to take this team on a run.

Time will tell me how wrong I am, but here's to hoping.

Bettman and the league office will ensure this series goes 7 and in the end NBC will insist the Pens win.

On the serious side, I think the adversity the Caps faced in round one will carry over in this battle with the Pens.

Caps in 5 

I’d also like to file an official complaint. The Penguin in this picture is way to masculine to represent Pittsbugh. I also think there should be a referee and Pierre McGuire in the picture standing behind the penguin. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Photo shoppers, go!

86D33052-7F8F-4706-A001-14E316B71AE9.jpeg

Someone from the Capitals will be in charge of locking and tying down Pierre McGuire and Gary Bettman in a broom closet at the NHL headquarters. This is almost like Michael Jordan vs. the Pistons. Ovechkin finally gets past his nemesis, Crosby and the Penguins. Four OT games in this series, two in double OT. The Capitals win 3 of them, and I think Ovechkin finally shows up and plays very well in a big series. I'm going with Washington in 6.

Interesting facts...

The Pens have gone through Washington every year they have won the Cup...

This will be the 12th playoff series between these two franchises. The Pens are 10-1 losing only in 1994...

21 hours ago, B21 said:

Interesting facts...

The Pens have gone through Washington every year they have won the Cup...

This will be the 12th playoff series between these two franchises. The Pens are 10-1 losing only in 1994...

This actually is pretty mind boggling how one franchise can have the number of another spanning back decades.

So this trend either continues or the Capitals FINALLY get their due against the Penguins.

No way to really tell.

I would think given that Crosby and his group have already won a few Cups, while Ovechkin and his team have won none, the pressure is all on the Caps.

Washington also has quite a few veteran soon-to-be UFA's who may not all be coming back, so a bit more sense of "get it done now!".

Things never to do:

Never go to a dentist nicknamed Spike or one missing a finger.

Never trust a waiters recommendation after 10 pm

Never bet on Ovechkin against Crosby in a playoff series.

Pens in six.

3 minutes ago, B21 said:

And the bad goalie has orange... :cheers:

No the forward's name was Malkin and illegally pushed the goalie into the net...and of course, there was no call.

I have this feeling that Washington does it this year. Ovie is running out of time, and he's going to be very amped to finally get by the Pens. 

I think the Caps(Especially Ovie and Wilson) are going to come out ultra physical.   Ollie better watch out as he's vulnerable with his lack of speed.

Lastly, I think the Caps PP will almost be at 40%.    If it becomes a special teams series, this could be quick. 

Sigh, Caps in 6.

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

This actually is pretty mind boggling how one franchise can have the number of another spanning back decades.

So this trend either continues or the Capitals FINALLY get their due against the Penguins.

No way to really tell.

I would think given that Crosy and his group have already one a few Cups, while Ovechkin and his team have won none, the pressure is all on the Caps.

Washington also has quite a few veteran soon-to-be UFA's who may not all be coming back, so a bit more sense of "get it done now!".

Absolutely.  Add to that the fact that the Pens are coming off of back to back cups and have nothing to prove.  Not sure how much these things really factor in, especially with new players on both teams, but it certainly affects the fans. 

paging Buffalo Rick, Miller Time, Idle Lumina, Coconut Halibut, Applebee's All-Star, or whatever name you go by this day and age; please take the Pens in 5. 

Thanks from the Flyers Nation

9 hours ago, nossagog said:

I have this feeling that Washington does it this year. Ovie is running out of time, and he's going to be very amped to finally get by the Pens. 

I think the Caps(Especially Ovie and Wilson) are going to come out ultra physical.   Ollie better watch out as he's vulnerable with his lack of speed.

Lastly, I think the Caps PP will almost be at 40%.    If it becomes a special teams series, this could be quick. 

Sigh, Caps in 6.

Hmm....REVERSE psychology..... very clever, Watson, clever indeed....   :cointoss:

4 hours ago, Bertmega said:

paging Buffalo Rick, Miller Time, Idle Lumina, Coconut Halibut, Applebee's All-Star, or whatever name you go by this day and age; please take the Pens in 5. 

Thanks from the Flyers Nation

I wish it was possible to like a post an infinite amount of times. Just one like doesn’t do this one justice!!!  😂

Archived