Eastern Conference: Round 2 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins

pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 2 - #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Series?

• Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Peguins Sweep in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

14 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

:lookingboard: Honestly I'm bored with this playoff matchup. 

Too many occurrences in too few seasons and it's 

the same result every time. I'm counting on Columbus :bluejackets: 

or some other team to prevent this same-old-same-old 

next time 'round. :waiting: 

It would have been nice to see the Pens play Toronto 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:04 AM, Samifan said:

Bettman and the league office will ensure this series goes 7 and in the end NBC will insist the Pens win.

On the serious side, I think the adversity the Caps faced in round one will carry over in this battle with the Pens.

Caps in 5 

I'd love to see the Caps get over the hump and dethrone the Stanley Cup champs!

Cheering for the Pens here. Yeah, I know, but the Caps and their fans are, going away, my least favorite in all of sports. And if the Caps would end up winning, it would call into question all that is normal order in the world. 

35 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

I'd love to see the Caps get over the hump and dethrone the Stanley Cup champs!

Yeah, I'm done with the Penguins' reign.

Caps in 5.

25 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I will make a "bold" statement here, and go out on a limb. The Caps had better win tonight.

I think it is more BOLD to say the CAPITALS WILL WIN TONIGHT!    :bigteeth: 

Let's go Caps !!!!!! Trounce the pens.... Use that big Chip on your shoulder... Ovie I hope you have an amazing series against these choads..... I don't know about any body else but I have had enough of the friggin penguins already.... The announcers are riding their jocks , the networks are riding their jocks.... enough already take them down !!!!!

2 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

And Pierre woke up with morning wood....

Well, he does look like one...

Not watching the game but is that moron Milbury still doing color? Whoever thought having him on the broadcasts must be the same idiot that thought Kid Rock was still relevant.

55 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

Well, he does look like one...

Not watching the game but is that moron Milbury still doing color? Whoever thought having him on the broadcasts must be the same idiot that thought Kid Rock was still relevant.

No, fellow Penguin lover Eddie O is in the booth with Doc and Regis. NBC needed to ensure their biggest Penguin homers were all together. 

1 minute ago, nossagog said:

That one has to sting.  Getting the goal from Ovie to start the third, then giving up three straight to lose. 

Murray...my God what a save. I counted at least three turnovers in the last 4:00 that led to good chances for the Caps though. Gotta tighten that up. All in all though this is a HUGE win for the Pens. No Malkin. No Hagelin. Win 3-2 after being down 2-0 in the 3rd. And now the Caps have an extra day to stew on it. 

1 minute ago, B21 said:

Murray...my God what a save. I counted at least three turnovers in the last 4:00 that led to good chances for the Caps though. Gotta tighten that up. All in all though this is a HUGE win for the Pens. No Malkin. No Hagelin. Win 3-2 after being down 2-0 in the 3rd. And now the Caps have an extra day to stew on it. 

Yeah, they really need to communicate their switches better. Both goals by caps were due to defense in wrong position an forward not covering.  They'll work on that.  I think they'll be more careful with the way the Caps forwards are pushing up ice fast. 

Well, it is pretty clear that when you have the Pens on their heels you have to score or you lose.

I thought this game was exciting.

There are opportunities vs this particular Pens team. 

I think the Pens stars are playing lights out too though, and I think the entire team makes hard plays for 60 minutes. I admire that about this group.

@B21

I don' t know if this caps team "stews" they were down 0-2 to CBJ , similarly paced games and they kept plugging away. There seems to be a little more resilience with this bunch, I don't know where that comes from since most of the players are the same. They didn't fold in a much more dire situation the previous round.

unless of course they are waiting for round 2 to fold this year...

9 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don' t know if this caps team "stews" they were down 0-2 to CBJ , similarly paced games and they kept plugging away. There seems to be a little more resilience with this bunch, I don't know where that comes from since most of the players are the same. They didn't fold in a much more dire situation the previous round.

unless of course they are waiting for round 2 to fold this year...

Respectfully of course - I couldn't disagree more. They had the Pens right where they wanted them. OV's goal to start the 3rd should have been a back-breaker. 18:00 left. Up 2. Insane crowd. Holtby playing lights out. No Malkin. No Hagelin. Then you go for a pee break and by the time you come back it's 3-2 Pens. There's some stewing going on.  I agree - they were resilient against the Jackets. But...that's the Jackets. No their long-time playoff nemesis Penguins.

Don't get me wrong. I would not at all be shocked if the Caps still win this series. But that was absolutely the worst way for the series to start if you are the Capitals.

The Pens are after the third Cup in a row. Ovechkin is good this season but play-offs are play-offs. The question is what's with Malkin? Will he play and how soon if he will?

4 hours ago, Vitaly said:

The Pens are after the third Cup in a row. Ovechkin is good this season but play-offs are play-offs. The question is what's with Malkin? Will he play and how soon if he will?

Malkin was in the game day skate yesterday, but not ready.  He says he feels good, but that's the player.   Do the Pens hold him out another game since they won game one?  Who knows.  Will probably know better after two more days of practice and see if he's in a normal line combo.

Archived