Simmonds

hf101

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from our friend Ek:

"on Flyers and Oilers talking trade...

Hearing there are some VERY Big names being discussed between Edmonton and Philly...not Wayne Simmonds however..."

So this means Simmonds is already packing his bags to Edmonton right?  😁

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

Wayne Simmonds scored ZERO goals while playing with Filppula from January to the end of the year.  I don't have time to check before that.  When he did score after having been movied, ALL the assists came from D men and or were unassisted. 

Also,  11 of his goals were on the PP where he played with Giroux, Coots, Jake and Ghost?  He scored Zero on PP2 with Filppula. 

And because at least 7 of those goals came before he tore his groin or got his face busted up.

How many points did Konecny score before he got moved when he was with Filppula?

Filppula was very bad for this team last year.  Simmonds being hurt made it a lot worse.  Weal isn't good enough to make an injured Simmonds and a broke down slow ass end of his career Filppula better.  IF that's your argument for why he belongs in Fast Food, then most of the NHL does too.  

Again, I don't like the dude, I don't care if he plays or not... I just think it's important to be remotely realistic about our criticism.  He wasn't good.  He's not a great player.  He would be better if his line mates weren't the walking wounded and a guy 10 years removed from his best seasons.  

You made some very good points I wasn't aware of about Simmer away from Filppula hadn't had time to stop and research.

Eating and taking my daughter to dance classes, rush rush rush.

I'll just have to trust you. Yet as I said I want to move Weal for reasons already stated.

I hope Ron can move him.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

You made some very good points I wasn't aware of about Simmer away from Filppula hadn't had time to stop and research.

Eating and taking my daughter to dance classes, rush rush rush.

I'll just have to trust you. Yet as I said I want to move Weal for reasons already stated.

I hope Ron can move him.

Totally!  If he can be moved for anything useful or to help motivate someone to take a Weise or Lehtera off our hands, I'm all for it!

In the mean time if they resign Filppula and SImmer takes all year to recover the way G did, it won't really matter who is on their LW. 

14 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Hearing there are some VERY Big names being discussed between Edmonton and Philly...not Wayne Simmonds however..."

So that means it is Simmonds and what for what...

9 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Totally!  If he can be moved for anything useful or to help motivate someone to take a Weise or Lehtera off our hands, I'm all for it!

In the mean time if they resign Filppula and SImmer takes all year to recover the way G did, it won't really matter who is on their LW. 

Please God no more Filppula I would rather skate a man down awhile game than bring him back...

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Please God no more Filppula I would rather skate a man down awhile game than bring him back...

Technically they were worse a man down than with Filppula on the ice.  But I hear what you're saying ;)

Weal is utterly replaceable on a good team, though I maintain he's well suited for the new NHL 4th line that's starting to get deployed around the league. But let's not pretend that the Flyers currently have 12 better forwards, or that anyone else scored on that 2nd power play unit, either. It's been a black hole for two plus years. It's not like his cap hit is such a hindrance that he has to go right this second, or that he's blocking anyone of significance.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

Weal is utterly replaceable on a good team, though I maintain he's well suited for the new NHL 4th line that's starting to get deployed around the league. But let's not pretend that the Flyers currently have 12 better forwards, or that anyone else scored on that 2nd power play unit, either. It's been a black hole for two plus years. It's not like his cap hit is such a hindrance that he has to go right this second, or that he's blocking anyone of significance.

When he leads a Brownie Scout meeting, he's not the best hockey player in the room.

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

No, it means Toronto and Anaheim have considered trading a minor leaguer for a 6th rounder.

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So what does that mean I'm sure about your response....you speak in riddles and are so vague...so is that maybe? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Ya, maybe.....WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!   

Is that any clearer? :hyper:

Archived