Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree...

...Neuvy, Weal and Gudas for....filling in the blank!!!!!!

but seriously...throw in Hagg in that deal for Johnny Gaudreau. 

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

So, I decided to check out csnphilly.com and wow, the restless Philadelphians are frothing at the mouth and they want Hextall's head on a platter. I've never seen so many angry people on there who believe he's going to do nothing and stick with the status quo or re-sign Filppula. It's kind of funny to read some of the stuff on there. I thought HFBoards and Orange And Black.net were bad....lol

That site and the threads on the Flyers Facebook account are filled with know-nothing imbeciles. It's enough to make your head explode. Twitter is just as bad. 

5 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

....and Sheahan just re-signed in Pittsburgh. How much does anyone want to bet Hextall goes back to Filppula and re-signs him. FFS, can us Flyers fan catch a break and get an agreement in place with someone? 

Apparently not. 

Rumor has it that Detroit was talking to Filppula, so maybe closed out there, too.  

Maybe it's not a horrible thing. Maybe one of the kids take 3C. Maybe Frost comes to camp and it's him. Maybe it's one of the Vs. 

Maybe Giroux goes back to center and it's actually a LW we're looking for.  

I don't know, just trying to be positive. 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Apparently not. 

Rumor has it that Detroit was talking to Filppula, so maybe closed out there, too.  

Maybe it's not a horrible thing. Maybe one of the kids take 3C. Maybe Frost comes to camp and it's him. Maybe it's one of the Vs. 

Maybe Giroux goes back to center and it's actually a LW we're looking for.  

I don't know, just trying to be positive. 

Well something has to happen they have a lot of money to spend even if they resign Simmer.

And yeah they still have to have Ivan and other signed next year but in 2019 they are projected to have 42 million to spend.

Now that is only with 8 guys under contract but Ron has put them in a good cap situation he will utilize it.

You can't roll that money over.

I just one of the biggest and most frustrating things for many fans is Ron is so tight lipped with his plans we never really know what he is doing so it feels like nothing.

And that is a good thing and yet bad thing.

All we ever get it seems till something happens is some dream trade/signing by Eklund and the like.

Once the news break of it actually happening do we kind of know.

Pretend for a moment that Boston wins the Tavares bidding war. It's not likely to me, but it's possible.  They're going to need cap space. 

With a $7.25M cap hit for 3 seasons, do you try for David Krejci (he's 32 now)?  That's a high cap hit for him, I think, but with only 3 years it could be doable from a cap perspective. 

Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Pretend for a moment that Boston wins the Tavares bidding war.

Is Boston a serious landing spot??

Do you expect to plug him into the 3rd line spot at center???

I guess 3 years at his rate wouldn't be horrible. But i would go to other options first.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is Boston a serious landing spot??

Do you expect to plug him into the 3rd line spot at center???

I guess 3 years at his rate wouldn't be horrible. But i would go to other options first.

It's one of the teams JT interviewed. 

Yeah, I was thinking a really expensive 3C. His health concerns me, too.  But it may be doable since it's only 3 years. I agree that I think I'd look into other options because it would require a trade and I can't begin to think what that would take. 

A pick and a goalie prospect not named Hart or Sandstrom? 

I try other things first, too. 

As an aside, can you imagine what a JT signing could do for Boston? 

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I was thinking a really expensive 3C. His health concerns me, too.

I would see what Riley Nash is wanting...if too much then i kick the tires on Brodziak he should be a cheaper option and a good fit for the 3rd line.

15 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I try other things first, too.

What is your thought on Calvin de Haan as a vet presence on defense?? Worth a look???

Or if you want to go a right hand shot what about Christian Folin??? 3 goals 10 assist +1 in 65 games for KIngs last year.

I like the thought of a Swede pair on the bottom pair of Hagg/Folin some nice size and skill for the bottom pair.

Hagg 6-2 and Folin 6-3 and wouldn't break the bank.

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Simmonds, Gudas, and Neuvirth to the Oilers for Strome, Klefbom and Talbot.

Seems plausible.

I would rather have a pick than Klefbom for 5 more years at 4.1 mill.

36 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Simmonds, Gudas, and Neuvirth to the Oilers for Strome, Klefbom and Talbot.

Seems plausible.

If i am trading for a defenseman i would rather trade for Faulk who is a right hand shot and is only on the book for this year and next at 4.8mill.

So Simmer, Neuvy and Gudas for Skinner and Faulk?

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If i am trading for a defenseman i would rather trade for Faulk who is a right hand shot and is only on the book for this year and next at 4.8mill.

So Simmer, Neuvy and Gudas for Skinner and Faulk?

I have no interest in Faulk.  He's really a disappointment to me.   But I'll do it to get rid of Neuvy and Gudas.

I liked the other one because it got me a goalie who would be good next to Elliot and only has one year on his deal.

Not that either one is going to happen.  lol

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

He's really a disappointment to me. 

He is an offensive Dman he isn't a shut down guy in his own zone for sure and he could really help the Flyers PP.

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I liked the other one because it got me a goalie who would be good next to Elliot and only has one year on his deal.

I like it too because it sends Simmer out West too.

We just need to tweak it because i really don't want Klefbom and his lengthy deal.

So give me a kid instead in his place how about Dmitri Samorukov in the deal. 20 year old Dman still on his entry level.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=196000

So i would do that...

Simmonds, Gudas, and Neuvirth to the Oilers for Strome, Samorukov and Talbot.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Simmonds, Gudas, and Neuvirth to the Oilers for Strome, Samorukov and Talbot.

LOL  I'm fine with that.  I was really just throwing random crap together and then thought "hey, goalie."

I'm not even worried about Faulk being a shutdown guy.  That ship not only sailed, it never came to port.    I think his offense is actually overrated.  But, it's more than Gudas and we'd be getting Skinner in your deal, so why not?

EDIT:   Good lord.  On top of really overblown offensive "talent," the guy was a -26.   I know their goaltending situation was almost worse than Philly's, but I really don't want him.   

31 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

LOL  I'm fine with that.  I was really just throwing random crap together and then thought "hey, goalie."

I'm not even worried about Faulk being a shutdown guy.  That ship not only sailed, it never came to port.    I think his offense is actually overrated.  But, it's more than Gudas and we'd be getting Skinner in your deal, so why not?

EDIT:   Good lord.  On top of really overblown offensive "talent," the guy was a -26.   I know their goaltending situation was almost worse than Philly's, but I really don't want him.   

It's a pipe dream anyway. I don't want to trade Simmer to the Canes either.

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's a pipe dream anyway. I don't want to trade Simmer to the Canes either.

Yeah, we're both pretty much throwing stuff out there at this point.  I don't know about you, but from my end it's mostly because I'm bored.

You know, since we're being crazy.   If the Sharks sign Tavares (I know, but stay with me), they're okay for the moment, but they're going to have a cap issue.  They have $18M in space right now and not a lot of people signed.   Both Pavelski and Couture are UFAs next season and I'm wondering about their ability to sign both.  I guess you could actually overpay Thornton for two years and have him be at 3C.  That gets him to 40.  I don't know what he looks like for the next two years, but maybe.

Or, under the thought that Simmonds would be cheaper (maybe Simmonds +), would some sort of deal involving Couture work?  Pavelski would be 3 years older than Simmonds, would that work from their end?  It creates a hole for them at center, but they'd have just signed Tavares.   If needed, Couture can swing left and Pavelski can swing right.

Both Couture and Pavelski are each $6M cap hits that expire next June.  

Archived