Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well maybe not on Mike Green...

LOL.   I'm really wondering what is going to be left for Hextall.

Gordon, Weise, Schultz.

15 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Gordon, Weise, Schultz.

@OccamsRazor

What kind of money/term do you think Sbisa would take and would it be worth checking out?   I'm actually being serious for a moment.

I'm less serious about Jay Beagle, but he's actually a pretty decent penalty killer.

28 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@OccamsRazor

What kind of money/term do you think Sbisa would take and would it be worth checking out?   I'm actually being serious for a moment.

I'm less serious about Jay Beagle, but he's actually a pretty decent penalty killer.

Not sure Vegas let's him leave.

He played for 4 mill last year so around 5-5 mill?

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It would be nice to see the Flyers talk to Duclair and see about adding him.

I kinda think the same thing.  Still young, but he's fallen far from his rookie season.  Going to Chicago didn't help.  Wonder if another change of scenery will help.  Doubt it will cost that much.  

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

But why?  Where would he fit?  Unless the Flyers trade MacDonald and/or Gudas, I don't know if they really need another d-man that could potentially take a spot away from one of the young guys.

7 minutes ago, vis said:

I kinda think the same thing.  Still young, but he's fallen far from his rookie season.  Going to Chicago didn't help.  Wonder if another change of scenery will help.  Doubt it will cost that much.  

Well to me it's all about risk reward. With him the risk would be worth it.

If Hak can tap into the scoring touch he had in juniors then i say well worth the risk.

He put up 249 points in 203 games that is a very damn good in that league....1.23 point average.

42 points in 45 playoff games 0.95 average.

Just for comparison's sake Aube Kubel put up 244 in 251 games for a 0.97 average.

32 points in 52 games for a 0.52 average.

Why am i using NAK because he was a 2nd round pick in the same league. So the kid can score.

Getting him to do that again could be huge.

So i would roll the dice on him.

39 minutes ago, vis said:

But why?  Where would he fit?  Unless the Flyers trade MacDonald and/or Gudas, I don't know if they really need another d-man that could potentially take a spot away from one of the young guys.

Yeah, I don't actually want it, but it's apparently on Hextall's shopping list. So, if he's hell bent on going and getting one, I thought it might be fun to guess who. 

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Gordon, Weise, Schultz.

As long as Hextall didn't re-sign Filppula out of desperation, there's still a lot available. There's still Bozak, Riley Nash, there's De Haan, there's Lehner. There's lots left, but will he be smart or desperate is the big issue....

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

FA doesn't start until July 1 correct?

All this news we're seeing are guys signing with their current teams, and trades, yes? 

Yes, that's correct.  And technically not until noon on July 1.

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I don't actually want it, but it's apparently on Hextall's shopping list. So, if he's hell bent on going and getting one, I thought it might be fun to guess who. 

Gotcha.  

With JVR signed, Flyers have ~12.2 million in cap space with Leier and Hagg needing new deals. That assumes Lindblom and Sanheim are full time players, and accounts for the fact that Morin will need to hang on IR until he comes back from surgery.

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Apparently Flyers in on Riley Nash and de Haan. 

They’d have to move a few bodies out. 

Both would be upgrades, but yes they have to make room for de Haan.  Don’t think they’d need to for Nash.  

3 minutes ago, vis said:

Both would be upgrades, but yes they have to make room for de Haan.  Don’t think they’d need to for Nash.  

Couldn't they just buy out Lehtera and bury Weise?  One or the other would do it, wouldn't it?

34 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Couldn't they just buy out Lehtera and bury Weise?  One or the other would do it, wouldn't it?

The buyout period is over. They can still bury both (And might, if only to save Hakstol from himself 🤞).

If they sign de Haan, it means Myers isn't coming up until there's an injury. No need to make room, they only have 6 D with Morin injured.

10 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

The buyout period is over. They can still bury both (And might, if only to save Hakstol from himself 🤞).

If they sign de Haan, it means Myers isn't coming up until there's an injury. No need to make room, they only have 6 D with Morin injured.

What do you think of de Haan?  Can they carry seven and have de Haan or Gudas float in and out as the 7th and keep Myers up?  Or does that create a real issue when Morin comes back?

Uh, well JVR can skate, and he can score, our team needs that. He needs to be a consistent 30 goal man or he'll be booed into retirement.  

I don't hate this signing, as it does " fill a need"  I'm just not excited by it because of my memory of the player.  I have not been watching him in Toronto so I don't know if his game has gotten more mature. 

I think the message this sends to the team is you're all good and we're going to make you better, which I like. No one is traded and they added 30 goals 

27 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He needs to be a consistent 30 goal man or he'll be booed into retirement. 

I thin with Patrick and Jake both good at passing he can put in 40 this year. Then he should be on the PP1 so who knows.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I thin with Patrick and Jake both good at passing he can put in 40 this year. Then he should be on the PP1 so who knows.

I'm honestly very curious as to what the pp lines might look like. I feel like it could go any of a half dozen ways. Whatever they do, I really hope they inject some new ideas into the mix.

Giroux and Ghost are too effective to not be on the 1st, and Provo will almost certainly be asked to back end the 2nd. Beyond them though, we have a bunch of relatively interchangeable parts. I hope Hak and the brass use the opportunity to make some noise. 

1 minute ago, elmatus said:

I'm honestly very curious as to what the pp lines might look like. I feel like it could go any of a half dozen ways. Whatever they do, I really hope they inject some new ideas into the mix.

Giroux and Ghost are too effective to not be on the 1st, and Provo will almost certainly be asked to back end the 2nd. Beyond them though, we have a bunch of relatively interchangeable parts. I hope Hak and the brass use the opportunity to make some noise. 

Well it will take them some time to get over the loss of Filppula but they will get it done... :hehe:

I wonder who is left out there who might can play 3rd line center??

Mark Letestu maybe??

Archived