Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

What do you think of de Haan?  Can they carry seven and have de Haan or Gudas float in and out as the 7th and keep Myers up?  Or does that create a real issue when Morin comes back?

de Haan is a legitimate top 4, so he’s not being floated in and out of the lineup. 

I’d say it would be Gudas and Hagg/Sanheim. Myers would only come up to fill in for injuries or if his play makes it impossible to keep him in LV.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think de Haan is out the Flyers range with term.

I would be ok with a lower tier Dman like Christian Folin who is a right hand shot and could be a nice pair with Hagg.

Would be a Swede pair. Just a thought....Flyers were interested in him when he came out of college before he signed in Minny.

Nothing flashy just subtle play...put it on net...good size at 6-3 210.

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Couldn't they just buy out Lehtera and bury Weise?  One or the other would do it, wouldn't it?

I was thinking from a roster perspective.  Lots of dmen in the mix.  Don’t like adding another if it jeopardizes a deserving prospect from getting time.  

5 minutes ago, vis said:

I was thinking from a roster perspective.  Lots of dmen in the mix.  Don’t like adding another if it jeopardizes a deserving prospect from getting time.  

Yeah, I'm with you.  I really don't believe it's necessary unless the plan is to move Gudas. 

On 7/1/2018 at 4:29 PM, ruxpin said:

What do you think of de Haan?  Can they carry seven and have de Haan or Gudas float in and out as the 7th and keep Myers up?  Or does that create a real issue when Morin comes back?

I like de Haan...depending on the contract, but his lack of offence should keep it sane. He doesn't need to score since we have several dmen that bring that already, so he can just stick to his game. He'd be a solid addition IMO.

On 7/1/2018 at 4:51 PM, mojo1917 said:

Uh, well JVR can skate, and he can score, our team needs that. He needs to be a consistent 30 goal man or he'll be booed into retirement.  

I don't hate this signing, as it does " fill a need"  I'm just not excited by it because of my memory of the player.  I have not been watching him in Toronto so I don't know if his game has gotten more mature. 

I think the message this sends to the team is you're all good and we're going to make you better, which I like. No one is traded and they added 30 goals 

His skating seems to have abandoned him from what I saw last season.

Maybe some Leaf fans can chime in?

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

His skating seems to have abandoned him from what I saw last season.

Maybe some Leaf fans can chime in?

I'm sorry.  You'll need to wait a few days until they're done putting lawn chairs out on the parade route.   And if you want a sober answer you might need to wait longer; they're still drunk from the Tavares signing.

44 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm sorry.  You'll need to wait a few days until they're done putting lawn chairs out on the parade route.   And if you want a sober answer you might need to wait longer; they're still drunk from the Tavares signing.

I have plenty of friends and family who are pretty happy right now...can't say i blame them. They're one good defenceman away from being a legit cup contender.

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I have plenty of friends and family who are pretty happy right now...can't say i blame them. They're one good defenceman away from being a legit cup contender.

It was really smart of Toronto to send Lou Lamoriello to the Islanders to point JT back in their direction.  Collusion is quite effective.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes they are but don't tell Leafs fans that they need one good defenceman from being a legit cup contender because some of them think their defence is great now!

Just now, Lindbergh31 said:

Yes they are but don't tell Leafs fans that they need one good defenceman from being a legit cup contender because some of them think their defence is great now!

We'll put a bright, shiny bow on the 1st rounder we include with Gudas for Matthews. Anything we can do to help Toronto and their defense.

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

They're one good defenceman away from being a legit cup contender.

Not till Marner and Nylander learn to become tougher and not play so scared come playoff time...but yeah they should be a playoff team but i don't see much more than that....oh and Anderson needs to learn how to play better come playoff time too...but hey they got JT.

And the Isles got Leo and Martin....too funny.

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not till Marner and Nylander learn to become tougher and not play so scared come playoff time...but yeah they should be a playoff team but i don't see much more than that....oh and Anderson needs to learn how to play better come playoff time too...but hey they got JT.

And the Isles got Leo and Martin....too funny.

Nylander I agree...Marner has played well...13 points in 13 playoff games is pretty good for a small 21 year old.

41 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Nylander I agree...Marner has played well...13 points in 13 playoff games is pretty good for a small 21 year old.

Yeah well is pushing it. He shies away from the physical stuff...and of anything very streaky.

Hey couldn't happen to a better team.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Hey Vader, quit defending the Leafs! 

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Listen...if you watched them on my 42 foot plasma you'd agree Marner doesn't look so small.

How's the Lexus look on that thing? 

So Weal is the new 3rd line center??? That is news (and turribe news) to me...

Best-Centres-5-vs-5.png

Best-Centres-all-situations.png

I still think they sign a 3rd line option at center....and if not i think Vorobyev will eventually get the spot.  

But in no way do i want Weal to be the 3rd line center....he ain't cut out for that role.

Well if i have to choose from these two i take Sbisa who is 28 over 35 year old Hamhuis.

Plus Sbisa is better at defense and that is what the Flyers need a guy who is better in their own end...they have enough offense.

Archived