Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Voracek, Gudas, Neuvy, Stolarz and to Edmonton for Cam Talbot a 3rd and Pontus Aberg (or fill in some scenario that could get us Talbot).

Some minor adjustments.

This and the original version are too steep.   Talbot is proving he's not a starter.   And I'm not sold on Aberg.   I know your version at least gets rid of a bunch of junk, but despite my thoughts about Talbot I don't know why Edmonton would leave itself with no goaltending.   

I don't think this is plausible.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

This and the original version are too steep.   Talbot is proving he's not a starter.   And I'm not sold on Aberg.   I know your version at least gets rid of a bunch of junk, but despite my thoughts about Talbot I don't know why Edmonton would leave itself with no goaltending.   

I don't think this is plausible.

And I don't know why any team would just take our junk. You can get a better return if you're going to move Voracek.

Would anyone consider Rinne at this point, assuming Nashville retains some salary?  He's only got one year left and possibly you could sign him thereafter to mentor Hart (query whether that's a good thing...).

8 minutes ago, brelic said:

And I don't know why any team would just take our junk. You can get a better return if you're going to move Voracek.

Exactly.  I think that trade is a  horrible misuse of assets as it relates to Voracek.   And like you said, I don't know why someone takes the junk, much less Edmonton (it is Chiarelli, though).

I could see them maybe having use for Gudas.   But I'd rather see if I could package something and Gudas for RNH.  I don't trust Talbot.

11 minutes ago, vis said:

Would anyone consider Rinne at this point, assuming Nashville retains some salary?  He's only got one year left and possibly you could sign him thereafter to mentor Hart (query whether that's a good thing...).

I'd think about it but am a little concerned what it would take going back.  Especially if they're retaining salary.  And would Nashville do that with Philly, considering?

I've been waiting the past two years for Rinne to completely break down.  I'm still waiting, but maybe it doesn't happen.   What would we send for him?  Presumably, our best assets are defense, but they're good there.   I don't know.

Just now, ruxpin said:

I'd think about it but am a little concerned what it would take going back.  Especially if they're retaining salary.  And would Nashville do that with Philly, considering?

I've been waiting the past two years for Rinne to completely break down.  I'm still waiting, but maybe it doesn't happen.   What would we send for him?  Presumably, our best assets are defense, but they're good there.   I don't know.

I don't know how I feel about Rinne given some of his absolute meltdowns in the playoffs, but this is one team I could see that makes sense as a trading partner wrt Simmonds. 

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is a LW and has one more year on his entry level contract very affordable.

Yeah, I'm with you on that part.  I just don't know that he's worth the effort.    He seems like a 25-30 point/year guy.  Maybe 40.  I think he's bottom six, which would be fine if it didn't involve Voracek.   I just want better than him and Talbot if I'm trading an 85 point winger.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is a LW and has one more year on his entry level contract very affordable.

He's not on his ELC. Contract wise, you don't have many more years of control.

He is also 24 and has 18 points in 68 NHL games. He's pretty close to a finished product. I'm not trading Voracek alone for that package, much less Voracek +.

22 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I don't know how I feel about Rinne given some of his absolute meltdowns in the playoffs, but this is one team I could see that makes sense as a trading partner wrt Simmonds. 

Yeah, I agree.  I have hesitation there.  I'm not as concerned about playoff meltdowns yet, though.  I suppose it should be part of the equation, though.

When you add the playoff thing to the (my) concern about health and what we'd have to give up, I don't think I'm interested.   Same as  Voracek for Talbot, I just think we could do better with assets.    If it's Simmonds for Rinne, even if they're absorbing salary (not necessary if it's one year and Simmonds is going), I want a 2nd round pick back too (or first rounder since it's a late pick).

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

He's not on his ELC. Contract wise, you don't have many more years of control.

He is also 24 and has 18 points in 68 NHL games. He's pretty close to a finished product. I'm not trading Voracek alone for that package, much less Voracek +.

Right.  I just don't think the return (even with the opportunity to take out our trash) is nearly sufficient.  I mean, if they want to throw in their 10th overall... It's Chiarelli, after all.

Even then, I think I could get a better package for Voracek, and I'm not in a hurry to move him.

I just said I'm not in a hurry to move Voracek.  I'm not in a hurry to move Simmonds, either.

But for the sake of discussion and due to boredom:

14th, 19th  & Voracek   (I think Simmonds term and money work better for Ottawa)

4th & Stone.

Would we have to throw more in?  Gudas? 

It gets us younger and a little cheaper at RW and potentially gets us either a high pick LW (Tkachuk/Zadina) or a pretty good Dman.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Even then, I think I could get a better package for Voracek, and I'm not in a hurry to move him.

You're going to have a tough time replacing his point production. 

50 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I just said I'm not in a hurry to move Voracek.  I'm not in a hurry to move Simmonds, either.

But for the sake of discussion and due to boredom:

14th, 19th  & Voracek   (I think Simmonds term and money work better for Ottawa)

4th & Stone.

Would we have to throw more in?  Gudas? 

It gets us younger and a little cheaper at RW and potentially gets us either a high pick LW (Tkachuk/Zadina) or a pretty good Dman.

That's actually probably pretty close to value for both sides. But there are a bunch of other considerations, first and foremost, "Is a team willing to give up ERIK KARLSSON over money actually willing to take on Voracek's salary?"

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

"Is a team willing to give up ERIK KARLSSON over money actually willing to take on Voracek's salary?"

Exactly.  I would answer no.   But if they're looking at similar money and longer term for Stone, that may come out in a wash and they end up with 2 first rounders for one.

I do this from Philly's side, but you're right that it probably unlikely from theirs.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

And would Nashville do that with Philly, considering?

That's an interesting point.  Though, we would be helping them as opposed to screwing them over.  I imagine Nashville would have other suitors, so perhaps Poile could just tell us to F off.  Although, Hextall could tell him we knew all along that the Canadiens would end up trading Subban for Weber.  It was a long con to screw the Canadiens, really.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, and that's where the problem comes in.  They most certainly want an NHL regular given the window they are in.  But we have **** to offer.  Maybe they would take Elliott to back up Saros and what else?  Simmonds?

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Definitely could see Simmonds being a good match for them.  Hate to trade Simmonds for a 35+ goalie with a poor playoff track record.

16 minutes ago, vis said:

Definitely could see Simmonds being a good match for them.  Hate to trade Simmonds for a 35+ goalie with a poor playoff track record.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to suggest a 1-for-1, but the Rinne talk sort of stream-of-consciensed me into Simmonds.

38 minutes ago, vis said:

20 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to suggest a 1-for-1, but the Rinne talk sort of stream-of-consciensed me into Simmonds.

Yeah, I don't want to trade Simmonds for Rinne.

1 hour ago, vis said:

Although, Hextall could tell him we knew all along that the Canadiens would end up trading Subban for Weber.  It was a long con to screw the Canadiens, really.

I laughed out loud at this.

6 hours ago, vis said:

I'm cautious with Rinne. I'm wondering if age is finally catching up with him. He really fought the puck and struggled this playoffs. 

5 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm cautious with Rinne. I'm wondering if age is finally catching up with him. He really fought the puck and struggled this playoffs. 

@ruxpin

How about a prospect for prospect swap??

I wouldn't mind trading from a strength to shore up a weak spot...

How about Lawson Crouse for German Rubtsov??? (and something else to even it up if need be)

Could reunite best friends and start the formation of a good line for years to come...

Crouse/Patrick/Konecny

Great 2nd line for next year and maybe future top line.

Thoughts.........complaints??

Flyers will have plenty of depth going forward down the middle...

Couturier

Patrick

Frost

Vorobyev

Vecchione

Bunnaman

Laczynski 

Laberge

That is a lot of depth to deal from. I suspect maybe in time Frost could kick out to left wing maybe??? 

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers will have plenty of depth going forward down the middle...

Couturier

Patrick

Frost

Vorobyev

Vecchione

Bunnaman

Laczynski 

Laberge

That is a lot of depth to deal from. I suspect maybe in time Frost could kick out to left wing maybe??? 

Maybe, though I'd rather keep Frost at center and flip out someone else. 

I don't know enough about Crouse, but I don't think I'd object.  

58 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

HEY!!   What did Michael Leighton ever do to you??

Hey you never know what if the Flyers just f**k it give Lyon the backup gig to Elliott next year.

Bring Stolie back to tandem with Hart in LV??

I wouldn't be that mad with that.

I mean just look at Lyon stats...

Just forget the name for a second on that lets just pretend Carter Hart was putting up those numbers (we can only dream right now) in his 2nd year of the AHL.

Everyone would be screaming to give him a look in the NHL.

And rightfully so i think Lyon should get the same option. 

I know there are going to be the @ruxpin on the board who are going to scream they are not impressed with Lyon and all that blah blah blah blah crap.

So why should Lyon not get a look. Since there won't be any other apparent options that will be a sure upgrade....just go with it.

I would like Hutton but he is a free agent and can go anywhere he wants.

Archived