Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves

Just now, pilldoc said:

I've read (and I should have bookmarked my sources ...errr) about 2-3 years.  Give him some time to bulk up a bit.

From all indications in the way he's "wowing" the team, Farabee might be on the big club next season.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I am hearing about Stastny and Bozak, but why isn't Hextall looking more for guys who can put the puck in the net, especially on the wing?

While he may, it's because it's not the top priority.    The top six isn't bad.  Pretending for a moment that Lindblom will be good, we're okay there.   Another scoring LW would be great, but the pressing need is 3C and someone who can solidify their penalty kill.  Hopefully, they're one in the same.  We got killed on the penatly kill, so increasing the kill percentage even 5-7 points would immediately show a difference in the standings and in our chances of winning a playoff round.

Possibly of higher priority is goalie, though I'm thinking this ends up being unlikely.

I really see them with 3C and then shoring up the bottom six (with one more penalty killer) so that we're not a one or two line team.

It seems a RH veteran defenseman is also a priority, but I personally don't think this is necessary.   

I think the scoring winger is necessary if we're going to move to prepare for the Cup, but we're not there yet.

22 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

From all indications in the way he's "wowing" the team, Farabee might be on the big club next season.

I don't see any way possible he is not at Boston U next season.  He is at least 2 years away...

Just now, murraycraven said:

I don't see any way possible he is not at Boston U next season.  He is at least 2 years away...

I didn't mean he'd be on the Flyers roster during the 2018-19 season. I meant the one after that.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

Am I crazy for still not being sold on Lindholm being a scorer at the NHL level?

If you're crazy, save me the padded cell next to you.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

I didn't mean he'd be on the Flyers roster during the 2018-19 season. I meant the one after that.

sorry.... totally misread that one!!!

I am on all sorts of meds trying to kick bronchitis so forgive my stupidity!

Just now, murraycraven said:

Take some Darnitol and sleep through the baseball season, murray.  Get better soon, buddy.

13 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Take some Darnitol and sleep through the baseball season, murray.  Get better soon, buddy.

Or, you know, turn on a baseball game and instantly sleep through the baseball season. 

30 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I got that back in February when I got the flu.

I got over the flu and it turned into bronchitis.

My doctor prescribed me some codeine cough medicine....not it the f**k out!

Best cough medicine EVER! WOOOOOO!!!

35 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Am I crazy for still not being sold on Lindholm being a scorer at the NHL level?

I am guessing you mean Lindblom.

I think the whole team has something to prove again.

Nothing you did last promises anything for the upcoming year.

However it is a new year clean slate for everyone.

2 hours ago, murraycraven said:

I don't think so. He didn't come in and wear out any score keepers pens.

I think he's a smart player though, he's big, he's got terrific hands and makes plays in tight spaces, he skates well enough.

Those were all things I saw from him in his limited time with the Flyers. I think in a more expanded role, it's not unreasonable to think he won't figure out how to score in this league too. 

Some of his success will depend on the coach not jerking him around. 

41 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Some of his success will depend on the coach not jerking him around. 

43 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

That's really interesting. So had Tavares been interested, Hexy may have pitched for him after all.

cant say I blame JT for not wanting to be in Philly...   other than the hope that the prospects pan out why would Philly be that good of a destination?   It is not like we are perennial playoff teams and our goalies are incompetent.  He is not winning anything here compared to what TB, Tronno and SJ has to offer.

3 hours ago, murraycraven said:

I’m with ya. He had such a limited sample though. The good thing is that the rest of his game was really solid. He does everything well and has room to mature.

he was snake bitten his first ten games or so... basically doing everything but scoring.  I think he will put it together with a full off season and camp. Wasn’t last year his first year across the pond and on nhl ice?   That has to factor in.

i believe what we saw is his floor. And that alone makes him a solid 3rd liner.  I think he will hit 20 goals before to long though 

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

If you're crazy, save me the padded cell next to you.

Speaking of crazy.....just woke and sippin my pre workout coffee...

...and figure i would brainstorm a little...

Tropical_storm_john.gif

...not that kind of storm....

Since the Avs acquired and signed Gubauer do you think they would do a Neuvy for Varlamov swap???

Varlamov is a little pricey with one year left at 5.9 mill. But it would give you another solid more dependable guy to pair with Elliott.

He put up some solid numbers last year before being slide into and injured.

24-16-0-6 920% 2.68 gaa.

Not sure if the Avs want to move him but i want the Flyers to find someone else for the net if they plan on keeping Neuvy.

I think between the two Neuvy is the better goalie....he just can't stay healthy...so it's time to move on i think.

48 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Tropical_storm_john.gif

Since the Avs acquired and signed Gubauer do you think they would do a Neuvy for Varlamov swap???

Varlamov is a little pricey with one year left at 5.9 mill. But it would give you another solid more dependable guy to pair with Elliott.

24-16-0-6 920% 2.68 gaa.

Not sure if the Avs want to move him but i want the Flyers to find someone else for the net if they plan on keeping Neuvy.

I think between the two Neuvy is the better goalie....he just can't stay healthy...so it's time to move on i think.

You eliminated Varly when you said "dependable." His numbers last year were okay, but that's after years of suckage.   The irony if Neuvirth being traded for Varly is fun, but I'll pass. 

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Tropical_storm_john.gif

24-16-0-6 920% 2.68 gaa.

Lol yes you’re definitely crazy. 

I’d trade Neuvirth and Gudas to the Avs for a belly laugh, because that’s the best we’ll get!

For i think a shocker move i can see the Flyers pursuing Mike Green a right hand shot who would maybe take a 2-3 year deal to be pair with Provorov on the 1st pair.

Just seen Ron talk alot about adding a right hand shot to the back end.

I think he could be balance out by Ivan with him not being the best defenseman in his own end...call me crazy in 3, 2, 1....

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

For i think a shocker move i can see the Flyers pursuing Mike Green a right hand shot who would maybe take a 2-3 year deal to be pair with Provorov on the 1st pair.

Just seen Ron talk alot about adding a right hand shot to the back end.

I think he could be balance out by Ivan with him not being the best defenseman in his own end...call me crazy in 3, 2, 1....

CRAZY MOFO.jpg

He'd be a nightmare on the top pairing.  His defense completely blows and his offense is no longer enough to compensate.  I could actually see him being signed for a year--I think that's a horrible mistake--but not for top pair.

I know Hextall wants a veteran righty and that seems to be the prevailing wisdom, but my question is why?  We have a ton of kids coming with not enough room for them now, so I'm not sure I get the desire to bring in a clunker.

I would kick the tires on this guy...sorry for the multiple vids he doesn't have a highlight video...

...and a guy who will defend his teammates...

...shouldn't cost much either fits the two year deal type...

Archived