Jets Announcers suck

Rebel2324

Just wanted to mention that I can't stand the announcers that announce the Winnipeg Jets playoff games. All we heard about was how great Minnesota was and now all we hear about is how great Nashville is. Minnesota lost and the Nashville series is 3 to 3 so the Jets must be doing something right. Why don't we get rid of them and have people that actually like the Jets announce the Jets games. It's getting to the point where I want to mute the sound and only watch the game. Anyone else sick of this?

49 minutes ago, Rebel2324 said:

Just wanted to mention that I can't stand the announcers that announce the Winnipeg Jets playoff games. All we heard about was how great Minnesota was and now all we hear about is how great Nashville is. Minnesota lost and the Nashville series is 3 to 3 so the Jets must be doing something right. Why don't we get rid of them and have people that actually like the Jets announce the Jets games. It's getting to the point where I want to mute the sound and only watch the game. Anyone else sick of this?

Is it Jim Hughson you are talking about, from Sportsnet?  If so, he is always complimenting the opposition, it's just in his nature. Plus, less serious coming from an announcer than a fan, but do you really want to give the Preds any bulletin board stuff at this point? I'd rather have somebody who is fair and can see both sides than an obvious homer.....like Denis Potvin...he wines and cries like a little girl for whatever team is paying him. 

8 hours ago, Rebel2324 said:

As @AlaskaFlyerFan said, be careful what you wish for...

jack-edwards-bruin.jpg

LOL 

Only in Canada will you find fans who criticize the home team announcers for failing to be sufficiently homerish!

I think the OP is talking about the regular Jets guys, which are Dennis Beyak and Paul Edmonds. The guys doing the colour rotates, everybody from Trevor Kidd to a buncha guys I've never heard of.

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

LOL 

Only in Canada will you find fans who criticize the home team announcers for failing to be sufficiently homerish!

I think the OP is talking about the regular Jets guys, which are Dennis Beyak and Paul Edmonds. The guys doing the colour rotates, everybody from Trevor Kidd to a buncha guys I've never heard of.

For what it's worth, I didn't care much for Beyak when he was the Oilers PBP man, though to be fair to him, he was very new. I have a strong preference for crews that have less hometown favoritism. Thus, I don't mind Drew Remenda, while most of the Oilers fanbase hates that he's sometimes critical of the team.

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

For what it's worth, I didn't care much for Beyak when he was the Oilers PBP man, though to be fair to him, he was very new. I have a strong preference for crews that have less hometown favoritism. Thus, I don't mind Drew Remenda, while most of the Oilers fanbase hates that he's sometimes critical of the team.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Beyak either. Just don't like his voice or cadence. Surprised he has survived in the business actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived