Steve Mason is going to win the Stanley Cup isn’t he?

Samifan

Nice to see Laviolette start Michael Leighton tonight. Those first two goals just killed them. 

Vegas’ magic ride has to come to an end right?

Jets v Bolts for Stanley with Steve Mason riding in to save the day......

Jeebus…. I completely forgot about Steve Mason.

Funny how sports can be sometimes.... you get a guy who wasn't the answer one place, goes to another, isn't necessarily a big part of his new team..... yet comes up smelling like roses due to a championship win.

Granted, the Jets still have to get by the Knights and the Eastern Champ, but if someone would have told me that Steve Freakin Mason would get a shot to win a Stanley Cup before, say, guys like Claude Giroux, Jakub Voracek, or Sean Couturier, I would have said that person is smoking too many bad Colorado cigarettes.....

Steve Mason.

Wow.

I am sure he still has his fans, but still...if he wins a Cup before some of his star former Flyers teammates...……. :IDunnoSmiley:

24 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Nice to see Laviolette start Michael Leighton tonight. Those first two goals just killed them. 

Vegas’ magic ride has to come to an end right?

Jets v Bolts for Stanley with Steve Mason riding in to save the day......

LOL,  I was thinking about this a couple of days ago as I picked the Jets to win it all in my NHL Bracket Challenge.  

Mason played 13 games this year in the regular season and only 2 playoff games and he's going to get his name on the Stanley Cup.  

:dizzysmiley-1:

On 5/10/2018 at 11:44 PM, hf101 said:

LOL,  I was thinking about this a couple of days ago as I picked the Jets to win it all in my NHL Bracket Challenge.  

Mason played 13 games this year in the regular season and only 2 playoff games and he's going to get his name on the Stanley Cup.  

:dizzysmiley-1:

Carcillo has two. 

22 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Carcillo has two. 

Not sure how old this article is (dated March 16th, but no year), but I thought it was interesting.

After seeing your post, it got me thinking sometimes it is better to be the 24th best man on a winning team than it is to be the top guy on a losing team.

Some of the guys on this list (including your guy Carcillo) I can certainly agree with not deserving a Cup, but some though, I dunno, I thought they were integral, or at least had enough tenure with the team they won with to deserve a Cup win, even if they were NOT the most talented guy on their given team.

https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-15-players-who-didnt-deserve-a-stanley-cup/

Steve Mason, while certainly not being anywhere near a big part of the reason why Winnipeg is where they are, could certainly ride the Jets' coattails all the way to a Finals win.

And to be clear, I am not bashing on Mason....personally, aside from his propensity to let things stew in his brain from outing to outing....I thought he was a pretty decent netminder who probably could have fared better while in Columbus and Philly with a stronger overall cast in front of him.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Steve Mason is gonna win the Stanley Cup...…………….errrr, except, now he is not... :VeryCool:

He might ask for a trade to the Knights next season though....or maybe left exposed for Seattle...… :lol:

He'll have to settle for a Cup of Tim Horton's this season.

15 hours ago, FD19372 said:

He'll have to settle for a Cup of Tim Horton's this season.

Lets hope Holtby does not mess this up tonight.  He has not been good in this series.  Washington was on them like a cheap suit and not rewarded.  They have to keep them from getting cheap goals like the fast one that gave them the quick lead in the last game.  Washington needs to come out like gangbusters and at the same time keep their heads in their own zone.  Do not depend on Holtby.  Out shoot them again and shoot the puck upstairs.  Go Capitals

42 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Lets hope Holtby does not mess this up tonight.  He has not been good in this series.  Washington was on them like a cheap suit and not rewarded.  They have to keep them from getting cheap goals like the fast one that gave them the quick lead in the last game.  Washington needs to come out like gangbusters and at the same time keep their heads in their own zone.  Do not depend on Holtby.  Out shoot them again and shoot the puck upstairs.  Go Capitals

Those stretch passes aren't beating the Bolts anymore. If they can't find another way to enter the zone and get offense, they're toast. I think they do a better job in that department, and their PP comes alive tonight. I think they win 4-3 to force a Game 7....because we hockey fans deserve it.

12 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Those stretch passes aren't beating the Bolts anymore. If they can't find another way to enter the zone and get offense, they're toast. I think they do a better job in that department, and their PP comes alive tonight. I think they win 4-3 to force a Game 7....because we hockey fans deserve it.

Love it!!!!!   Go Caps Go!!!!!!

Archived