Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
hf101

Eastern Conference Championship: #1 Tampa Bay Lightning vs. #2 Washington Capitals

Eastern Conference Championship: #1 Tampa Bay Lightning vs #2 Washington Capitals  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Series?

• Lightning Sweep 4-0
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

You know, though, barring the choke factor, I think Washington actually has a better shot against Vegas than Tampa does. I don't know that the Caps would beat Vegas, but I think they'd hang better.  I think the rookie team is going to win the Cup. 

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I think the rookie team is going to win the Cup.

As bizarre as that sounds, I think you might be right.  Talk about the ultimate Cinderella story.  We are witnessing something that may NEVER be repeated ....... of course Seattle is just salivating at their glands now ......

• Like 1

Well now...with the Winnipeg Jets now out of the way, I am hoping the Lightning can put away the Caps tomorrow and set up Vegas-Tampa Bay as the Final.

Obviously, I am a Lightning fan and would want the Bolts in regardless of who came out of the West, but the Desert vs. the Swamps should have some Northern pompous hockey elitists tasting their own bile and that, to me, would just be pure gold !!!

But on the competitive side, talk about a fast paced, four line per team, goaltending clinic on both sides type of match up.

If the Bolts get in (hell, even Washington for that matter), someone, somewhere will piss n moan about who the teams are, its boring, they aren't real hockey markets, blah, blah, blah.....or some such nonsense.

Fact is, Vegas vs. either the Bolts or Caps should make for a very good competitive series......of course, me being biased, I will say the Lightning would make a better match up for Vegas!

Cmon Tampa Bay...make it happen!!

And so it will begins...

The Bolts' quest for a 2nd Stanley Cup in their franchise's history....but first, they must deal with what will most certainly be a stubborn and desperate Washington Capitals team.

After eliminating their number one nemesis Pittsburgh, you just KNOW Washington doesn't want to go away quietly into the night and make this season just another one where they failed to win a championship.

That all said, if Tampa Bay comes out strong like they have in all games (and NOT fizzle out like they did in the ones where they lost), I really DO like the Bolts' chances of joining the Vegas Knights in the Finals!

I wonder who will set the tone first in this game?

Go Bolts GO!!

Bolts.jpg

Now that was an entertaining first 20 despite no score. Ovy played possessed. Both goalies making big stops. 

As much as I love Doc Emerick, this tilt just isn't as exciting as he's trying to make it out to be, eh?

Caps had an extra guy on the ice. Where have we seen this before?

Just now, rottenrefs said:

Caps had an extra guy on the ice. Where have we seen this before?

Its D.C. 

They aren't big on "rules" there

5 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

As much as I love Doc Emerick, this tilt just isn't as exciting as he's trying to make it out to be, eh?

I think it’s the best game of the series so far 

Could be....but my impression still stands...it ain't what Doc wants us to think it is.  We didn't just fall off the turnip truck 

5 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

We didn't just fall off the turnip truck 

Well yeah, but that's because you're using a verb that makes sense. That will never work when discussing Doc.  You have to knife off the turnip truck or spirit off or can opener off or something. 

• Haha 2

Stats are for losers...but scoring first bodes well for the Caps eh?

Man the Caps are being physical. 

Now that was a pretty goal. 2-0 Caps 

A great desperation game by the Caps as they earned a game 7 in Tampa Wed night.

Caps live to see another day. Obviously they play like that Wednesday they will be heading to the finals 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Hits are 29-14. Caps. 

Yeah where is the physical game the Bolts played against the Bruins?

Did it take a toll on them on they just felt they needed to stop playing like that?

Edited by OccamsRazor

Ugly, ugly game by Tampa Bay.

Hopefully, this embarrassed them enough for them to play and beat Washington on Wednesday like the Caps owe them money.....

Physical play definitely was there for the Caps, but to me, the three main things that won them this game were:

1--Severely limited TB PP chances and what the Bolts were able to do with the TWO chances they did get.

2-- Braden Holtby. Guy was just unbelievable.

3--Possession. Washington KILLED Tampa Bay at the face off dot.

Caps were able to build everything else from there and the Lightning couldn't get out of their own way.....even going so far as to check into their own guys..... SMDH...

The Bolts could take the video of this performance and rightly throw it the hell away, but I'd say it is GREAT fuel for Game 7, because they certainly don't want to be embarrassed like this again...especially being eliminated as well.

Tampa Bay certainly has it in them to beat Washington and it wouldn't be an upset.....they just gotta go out and play like it though.

Home ice, last change, and a chance for redemption for that awful Game 6.

Can't ask for more than that if you are the Bolts at this point.

Go Lightning GOOOO!! 

Game 7, winner goes to the cup. Loser could have the "off course you choked" label on them forever.

Wonder who's feeling the pressure more....actually no I don't.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:43 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ugly, ugly game by Tampa Bay.

Hopefully, this embarrassed them enough for them to play and beat Washington on Wednesday like the Caps owe them money.....

Physical play definitely was there for the Caps, but to me, the three main things that won them this game were:

1--Severely limited TB PP chances and what the Bolts were able to do with the TWO chances they did get.

2-- Braden Holtby. Guy was just unbelievable.

3--Possession. Washington KILLED Tampa Bay at the face off dot.

Caps were able to build everything else from there and the Lightning couldn't get out of their own way.....even going so far as to check into their own guys..... SMDH...

The Bolts could take the video of this performance and rightly throw it the hell away, but I'd say it is GREAT fuel for Game 7, because they certainly don't want to be embarrassed like this again...especially being eliminated as well.

Tampa Bay certainly has it in them to beat Washington and it wouldn't be an upset.....they just gotta go out and play like it though.

Home ice, last change, and a chance for redemption for that awful Game 6.

Can't ask for more than that if you are the Bolts at this point.

Go Lightning GOOOO!! 

You are right on point here for game 7, The Caps win if they are at least even in PP chances, or get the edge. TB biggest advantage is their lethal PP. The Caps have to control the big hits and not go overboard and take bad penalties, or TB will skate them off the ice at home. The Bolts also have to at least match the Caps in Face Offs. Those two things will determine who wins this game.

I expect the refs will keep their whistles in their pockets and let some penalties go. I predict the Caps continue to win the face off battle, just a little. I am probably wrong, I usually am, but I am predicting the road team continues to win and Washington advances winning 4-3 after giving up a goal late to make it a furious last 2-3 minutes.

Go Refs!

• Haha 1