Eastern Conference Championship: #1 Tampa Bay Lightning vs. #2 Washington Capitals

hf101

Eastern Conference Championship: #1 Tampa Bay Lightning vs #2 Washington Capitals  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Series?

• Lightning Sweep 4-0
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

It is almost here.

Put up or shut up time for BOTH the Lightning and Captials.

Washington needs to erase the overarching opinion that they are chokers, and Tampa Bay needs to live up to that "Cup contender" status they were given pretty much all season.

Obviously, I am preferring for Washington's playoff futility to continue.

Even if the Lightning don't win this year, they are still nicely set up to make multiple runs at a Cup for the next several years.

But that does NOT take away, nor should it, from the team's desire to win NOW, nor from the fans' desire to see their team win now!

I will take a Cup now, and worry bout the rest later.....a motto to live by for the players, and for us fans too.

Thing is, IMO, if BOTH teams play up to their full capabilities, I think the Lightning should come out on top.

Just think TB, top to bottom, have a more complete team than the Capitals.

Of course, teams don't win or lose by what perceptions people  have on their lineups vs another lineup, so the bottom line here is, the Bolts will need to come out very businesslike, execute, and play to win rather than playing not to lose.

They gotta know Barry Trotz will have the Capitals thinking the same way.

Bolts can create some extra PP chances by driving the net more (something they did very little, if any, of in Game 6)….because even if they don't score on rushes, they can force the Caps to take hooking, tripping, and slashing penalties.

The TB PP has been a big reason why the Bolts have been successful to this point, I suspect if they are to advance, it will have to be again.

Caps are hungry. Real hungry. And Ovie is not one to want to miss a meal.

Bolts better put away the three stooges act from Game 6 and just be ready...…..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the Caps.... despite it being Game 7, I just don't think they pull it off. If it was Game 7 in Washington I might feel differently. However this game is in Tampa. 

I'm not taking anything away from what the Caps did Monday night. They played a hell of a physical game.  It's hard to keep up that intensity.  

I just think Tampa will set the tone early.... it should be one hell of a game.

I am picking the Caps, which goes against what I said in my pick at the start of the playoffs of the Bolts getting to the finals. They just have the look of a team of destiny. Ovechkin is truly leading, not whining to the refs, diving for the calls, and looking frustrated. I trust their defense a bit more when they have the lead, and as long as it doesn't become a battle of power plays, I think they are just a hair on Trotz's head better than the Bolts at this point. I think my trust in the Caps defensively, like their play with the lead, gives them an edge but the offensive if fully engaged edge goes to the Bolts, an each goalie has been quite good.  I think Oshie and Kunitz have great games for their respective teams tonight. I also see the Bolts tying it up on a Kucherov goal with the goalie pulled late in the third, only to see Kuznetsov with the game winner in double OT. I think the winner takes the Cup as well. This should be one HELL of a tilt.

Well barring an Epic collapse....

Congrats to the Caps for making it to the SCF.  I admit I was wrong... I honestly thought Tampa would find a way to win at home. Guess I was wrong....

Should be an great SCF....

Someone is about to win their first ever Stanley Cup....,

It's got to be said:  up 3 games to 2 and the SCF on your sticks with two cracks at it and you don't score in six periods?  That's pathetic. 

Yeah, I know the Caps played well and all that, but that is one epic choke. No excuse for not scoring, i don't care how well Holtby or the Caps played. 

I'm pretty sure I'm 0-for the playoffs on teams I've cheered for. Except for two rounds of Winnipeg. 

So, I'm going to guarantee the Caps winning the Cup by saying I'm cheering for the first ever first year expansion team to win the Cup. As much as I hate that concept. 

OK....who were the 3.hockey legends who picked Caps in 7....???   You all saw it nicely. Well done. 

Caps just seemed to want it way more....and how amazing was it to have OV score in the 1st minute??  NO ONE can ever say he does not step up in big games now. WOW...did Tom Wilson play a great game or what???

9 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

It is almost here.

Put up or shut up time for BOTH the Lightning and Captials.

Washington needs to erase the overarching opinion that they are chokers, and Tampa Bay needs to live up to that "Cup contender" status they were given pretty much all season.

Obviously, I am preferring for Washington's playoff futility to continue.

Even if the Lightning don't win this year, they are still nicely set up to make multiple runs at a Cup for the next several years.

But that does NOT take away, nor should it, from the team's desire to win NOW, nor from the fans' desire to see their team win now!

I will take a Cup now, and worry bout the rest later.....a motto to live by for the players, and for us fans too.

Thing is, IMO, if BOTH teams play up to their full capabilities, I think the Lightning should come out on top.

Just think TB, top to bottom, have a more complete team than the Capitals.

Of course, teams don't win or lose by what perceptions people  have on their lineups vs another lineup, so the bottom line here is, the Bolts will need to come out very businesslike, execute, and play to win rather than playing not to lose.

They gotta know Barry Trotz will have the Capitals thinking the same way.

Bolts can create some extra PP chances by driving the net more (something they did very little, if any, of in Game 6)….because even if they don't score on rushes, they can force the Caps to take hooking, tripping, and slashing penalties.

The TB PP has been a big reason why the Bolts have been successful to this point, I suspect if they are to advance, it will have to be again.

Caps are hungry. Real hungry. And Ovie is not one to want to miss a meal.

Bolts better put away the three stooges act from Game 6 and just be ready...…..

Tough luck TFG, was thinkin about you during the game. I had no real dog in the race, but did not want direct division rivals Caps to advance....F that....so was cheering for TB mostly because of you. You swayed my allegiance in the ECF....LOL!

Don't think we have any Caps fans on here, who knows, maybe if they win Caps fans will be looking for an outlet??   Don't know if there is a thread yet....but WOW...A red hot Holtby against a red hot Fleury....somehow, for all the marbles, when in the past it would have been a ECF thing at the most. Very, very interesting goalie match up....not to mention the phycality and talent of both Vegas and Wash...

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Tough luck TFG, was thinkin about you during the game. I had no real dog in the race, but did not want direct division rivals Caps to advance....F that....so was cheering for TB mostly because of you. You swayed my allegiance in the ECF....LOL!

I still don't. F**K THE CAPS!!!!!!!!

Should be a good Cup finals. Vegas beat them in the regular season 2-0. Caps went 0-6 on the powerplay.

Go Vegas!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna make my bítchwipe again: after taking for the Jets, I'll be all over for Vegas. At that point, let's go to the end.

And about 10 years ago, when Ovechkin signed his disonaur contract, I made the bet that we would never lift the Cup. I don't wanna be screwed when the window is clearly shutting down.

Archived