Ryan for JVR or Schenn + Coburn

Guest Digityman

The thought of Getzlaf in the Orange and Black makes me drool :D

The Ducks want a roster player in return, maybe they can take Briere? They certainly owe us one.

Not that I want to get rid of Briere mind you, but for Getzlaf, sure. Doubt Briere would waive the NMC or uproot his family...plus Couturier would need to find a place to live too.

I bet these were the exact words spoken when Homer was looking to sign Bryz.

Ha! but....no way. Ed Snider isn't that delirious and neither is Homer. Weber is in a small class of marquee players; Bryzgalov is a clown.

I'm sure they expected he'd be an upgrade over Bob and for that I fault them - mostly because I liked Bob right away and I never liked Bryzgalov. The past 4 months of hockey have only solidified my opinion of both of them.

To put Bryzgalov in the same class with Weber is foolish. Bryzgalov has no track record. I am all but convinced that he was a beneficiary of tight defensive system that Dave Tippett employs and nothing more. One can see the difference. The Coyottes bottle up the neutral zone like crazy, so the only shots available are those that *any* goalie who at least has a good eyesight will make a save on. And even within the system that was so conducive for him to flourish, he wetted the bed in the playoffs. It’s really disgusting how little homework the Flyers have done. If they did, they could’ve easily identified how big of a fraud this guy is and how the playing style *this* team employs makes Bryzgalov all but useless. It had failure written all over it before this deal was even made.

Weber, on the other hand, has a track record as one of the top two-way d-men in the league and he was doing it since he entered the league. And the scary part is, he didn't even hit his prime yet. I can see him reaching Lidstrom's greatness by the time he is done playing hockey. As long as he can stay healthy, the guy will be a legend; mark my word. He hardly has *any* flaws to his game and would automatically and immediately anchor the defense like we've never seen before.

But...... I agree with what Jack said. To get him, Homer would have to give up a farm. They will want offense back, and in a major way. We would have to weaken the offense tremendously, at which point, what exactly will this accomplish?

Edited by Mad Dog