UND Hockey

Jimtown guy

Cool. Been a UND fan since the 60’s. Was a season ticket holder up until 5 years ago. Had to let them go as my daughter started her college playing career at Concordia. Since graduated and now just got her Masters in Sports Administration at Northern Colorado. 

I like UMD as well. Big Sandalin fan for obvious reasons. 

What a difference he has made for the Bulldogs program.  I don't think it will be  too long before we see Sandalin as a head coach in the NHL either. Congrats on your daughter's graduation too what a great field to go into.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hf101 said:

What a difference he has made for the Bulldogs program.  I don't think it will be  too long before we see Sandalin as a head coach in the NHL either. Congrats on your daughter's graduation too what a great field to go into.

Rangers were interested in him but I see they hired Quinn from BU 

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2018/05/19_BUs-Quinn-Close-to-Becoming.php

Edited by Jimtown guy

On 5/25/2018 at 12:37 PM, Jimtown guy said:

I see a road trip in my future 

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=112935

So since you are a ND fan ......is the program in better shape without Hak??

The reason i am asking they won it all after he left was this just coincidence or what.

I know Cam Johnson had a really good year so was wonder if Brad Berry changed his system or still deployed the same one Hak ran since he was part of his staff.

That CBS line was amazing as well that year.

Hak did have a hand in recruiting those guys so he still had an imprint sort of but Berry lead the way.

I would love to steal Dane Jackson away to coach the PK for my Flyers and help with the rest of the team but would be a good replacement for Lappy.

Edited by OccamsRazor

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So since you are a ND fan ......is the program in better shape without Hak??

The reason i am asking they won it all after he left was this just coincidence or what.

I know Cam Johnson had a really good year so was wonder if Brad Berry changed his system or still deployed the same one Hak ran since he was part of his staff.

That CBS line was amazing as well that year.

Hak did have a hand in recruiting those guys so he still had an imprint sort of but Berry lead the way.

I would love to steal Dane Jackson away to coach the PK for my Flyers and help with the rest of the team but would be a good replacement for Lappy.

Truthfully Berry is the main recruiter even when Hak was head coach so many of those kids on the championship team were indeed Berry’s players. 

Hak did well at UND. Multiple Frozen Fours but just couldn’t get over the hill to get a national title. I’ve met him on more than one occasion and he’s a different guy than what you see behind the bench or interviews. Believe it or not he does have a personality. 

And yes that CBS line was special along with Johnson playing lights out in between the pipes. If you ever get up this way in the winter you have to go to a game at the Ralph. We call it the Palace on the Prairie. Truly is one beautiful Arena. 

Six of the last seven Stanley Cup champions have featured a North Dakota alum, as TJ Oshie becomes the 12th UND alum to win the Cup (17 times) … his 21 points in 24 playoff games ranked fourth on the team, while he shared the team lead with six power-play goals. Shane Gersich also a Sioux alum became the 100th player to join the NHL & came to the team after finishing his junior year at UND and signed with the Washington Capitals after UND fell out of the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Icechipper said:

Berry is more relaxed on the bench, more likely to laugh at a bonehead move than give the player the Hakstol "Eyes of Ice" stare. Hakstol also tends to use sign language, especially when communicating with officials during Gopher games.

E3089873-9230-4C94-818E-78B41DF8F22B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

So i am guessing that no one will have an issue if i do an NCAA Frozen Four Bracket ?

Nope.  I think it is a great idea.  Please send me a PM with your plans and we can discuss how we will do it, as I may be able to help showcase or set as a club.  etc.

• 4 months later...

2018-19 highest average attendance

North Dakota-11,398

Wisconsin-10,044

Minnesota-7,944

Ohio State-6,437

Minnesota Duluth-6,028

Omaha-5,816

Penn St.-5,801

Michigan-5,628

Denver-5,568

Michigan St.-5,461

Notre Dame-5,368

Massachusetts-4,876

New Hampshire-4,735

UMass Lowell-4,615

I would expect to see the Goofer attendance drop even more since they've done nothing to change the country club atmosphere at Mariucci after Lucia was promoted and they installed the mini-Lucia as head coach...

Edited by IllaZilla