Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Jimtown guy

UND Hockey

Any fans here of the team formally know as the Fighting Sioux?

I know @MadDevil is from ND.  Then there are all of us Hakstol fans.

I myself am a UMD Bulldog fan, 

:bigteeth:

Cool. Been a UND fan since the 60’s. Was a season ticket holder up until 5 years ago. Had to let them go as my daughter started her college playing career at Concordia. Since graduated and now just got her Masters in Sports Administration at Northern Colorado. 

I like UMD as well. Big Sandalin fan for obvious reasons. 

What a difference he has made for the Bulldogs program.  I don't think it will be  too long before we see Sandalin as a head coach in the NHL either. Congrats on your daughter's graduation too what a great field to go into.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, hf101 said:

What a difference he has made for the Bulldogs program.  I don't think it will be  too long before we see Sandalin as a head coach in the NHL either. Congrats on your daughter's graduation too what a great field to go into.

Rangers were interested in him but I see they hired Quinn from BU 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Edited by Jimtown guy

I see a road trip in my future 

Hidden Content

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2018 at 12:37 PM, Jimtown guy said:

I see a road trip in my future 

Hidden Content

So since you are a ND fan ......is the program in better shape without Hak??

The reason i am asking they won it all after he left was this just coincidence or what.

I know Cam Johnson had a really good year so was wonder if Brad Berry changed his system or still deployed the same one Hak ran since he was part of his staff.

That CBS line was amazing as well that year.

Hak did have a hand in recruiting those guys so he still had an imprint sort of but Berry lead the way.

I would love to steal Dane Jackson away to coach the PK for my Flyers and help with the rest of the team but would be a good replacement for Lappy.

Edited by OccamsRazor

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So since you are a ND fan ......is the program in better shape without Hak??

The reason i am asking they won it all after he left was this just coincidence or what.

I know Cam Johnson had a really good year so was wonder if Brad Berry changed his system or still deployed the same one Hak ran since he was part of his staff.

That CBS line was amazing as well that year.

Hak did have a hand in recruiting those guys so he still had an imprint sort of but Berry lead the way.

I would love to steal Dane Jackson away to coach the PK for my Flyers and help with the rest of the team but would be a good replacement for Lappy.

Truthfully Berry is the main recruiter even when Hak was head coach so many of those kids on the championship team were indeed Berry’s players. 

Hak did well at UND. Multiple Frozen Fours but just couldn’t get over the hill to get a national title. I’ve met him on more than one occasion and he’s a different guy than what you see behind the bench or interviews. Believe it or not he does have a personality. 

And yes that CBS line was special along with Johnson playing lights out in between the pipes. If you ever get up this way in the winter you have to go to a game at the Ralph. We call it the Palace on the Prairie. Truly is one beautiful Arena. 

7 recruits to play next season 

Hidden Content

Six of the last seven Stanley Cup champions have featured a North Dakota alum, as TJ Oshie becomes the 12th UND alum to win the Cup (17 times) … his 21 points in 24 playoff games ranked fourth on the team, while he shared the team lead with six power-play goals. Shane Gersich also a Sioux alum became the 100th player to join the NHL & came to the team after finishing his junior year at UND and signed with the Washington Capitals after UND fell out of the playoffs.

UND has a first-round pick coming this fall. Incoming rookie defenseman Jacob Bernard-Docker goes No. 26 overall to the Ottawa Senators.