Jimtown guy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UND on opening-night NHL rosters

Brock Boeser (2015-17), Vancouver Canucks

Drake Caggiula (2012-16), Chicago Blackhawks

Aaron Dell (2009-12), San Jose Sharks

Derek Forbort (2010-13), Los Angeles Kings (injured)

Rocco Grimaldi (2011-14), Nashville Predators

Tyson Jost (2016-17), Colorado Avalanche

Brock Nelson (2010-12), New York Islanders

T.J. Oshie (2005-08), Washington Capitals

Zach Parise (2002-04), Minnesota Wild

Tucker Poolman (2014-17), Winnipeg Jets

Carter Rowney (2009-13), Anaheim Ducks

Nick Schmaltz (2014-16), Arizona Coyotes

Troy Stecher (2013-16), Vancouver Canucks

Jonathan Toews (2005-07), Chicago Blackhawks

Christian Wolanin (2015-18), Ottawa Senators (injured)

Travis Zajac (2004-06), New Jersey Devils

• 2 weeks later...

UND got a little revenge from when they were swept by Canisius out in their barn last year to open the season winning in dominant fashion 5-0. Outshot the Griffins 40-13 in doing so. This freshman kid in Pinto could very well be ROY in the NCHC. 6'2" 200 pound freshman who isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas. Defense was stout and Sheel in net looked clam as he did have a couple point blake shots from the slot. Need to finish them tonight. Attendance was around 9000, so not bad with a full blown blizzard happening outside.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My oldest got tickets to the November 29th tilt at Marriucci between UND and the Goofers. Should be a good time!

Although I am having mixed emotions about this one. Kind of frustrating to see the Goofer athletic department let the men's hockey program fall this far...

9 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

My oldest got tickets to the November 29th tilt at Marriucci between UND and the Goofers. Should be a good time!

Although I am having mixed emotions about this one. Kind of frustrating to see the Goofer athletic department let the men's hockey program fall this far...

Gophers are young this year. Going to and have had growing pains. With that said throw the records out the door when these 2 play against each other. It’s still a heated rivalry despite being in different conferences. There will plenty of green in the seats come Thursday and Friday 

Edited by Jimtown guy

15 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Ugh. Either these UND guys are really good, or the Goofers are really bad. Or maybe both. 

Gophers are young. Motzko is a good coach and he will get them back to relevancy. Not going to happen overnight. With that said the Big Ten conference isn’t doing college hockey any favors. Sad when the Gophers cant even fill the Mooch up when the Sioux are there. In fact it was 60% Sioux fans at the Mooch Thursday and Friday 

6 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

55C372E5-9AF2-4740-A20B-88AEC11BBABC.jpeg

Yeah. It was pretty sad. I get it that it's Thanksgiving Weekend, but gee whiz. Even a good chunk of the big gold "M" at center ice was visible. So much for "Pride on Ice".

There's no way The Ralph would ever be even 50% Gopher Gold.

20 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Yeah. It was pretty sad. I get it that it's Thanksgiving Weekend, but gee whiz. Even a good chunk of the big gold "M" at center ice was visible. So much for "Pride on Ice".

There's no way The Ralph would ever be even 50% Gopher Gold.

The Ralph had 11,500 fans for their exhibition game against Manitoba in October. Set an exhibition game record for the Ralph 

Edited by Jimtown guy

18 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

The Ralph had 11,500 fans for their exhibition game against Manitoba in October. Set an exhibition game record for the Ralph 

I was there several years ago for a U of Manitoba game during an Orientation Weekend. It was amazing how full it was for just an exhibition game against a nobody team.

• Like 1