UND Hockey

Jimtown guy

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

And he was pulled after letting in 3 tonight in the first. Goalie change in the second. 3-2 SCSU after 2

And Driscoll shut down the Huskies the rest of way and did not allow a goal as the Sioux won 4-3 in a shootout 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Sioux sweep Duluth in their barn. Can’t remember the last time that happened. With Western Michigan splitting with Denver the Sioux are now atop the NCHC standings. Not sure how they are doing it considering all the injuries they have right now but they are finding a way 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 9:17 AM, Jimtown guy said:

The Sioux sweep Duluth in their barn. Can’t remember the last time that happened. With Western Michigan splitting with Denver the Sioux are now atop the NCHC standings. Not sure how they are doing it considering all the injuries they have right now but they are finding a way 

I know you keep up with ND so i have a question i hope you can answer...

...what do the Flyers have in Gavin Hain and what should we expect from him, i expect the Flyers to try to ink him to a contract at the conclusion of this college season.

So just wondering if he is just a bottom 6 guy or a career AHLer or maybe a guy who could eventually turn into something of value in the top 6.

I know you don't have a crystal ball and was just wanted a guestimate n his projection.

Thanks ahead of time...

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know you keep up with ND so i have a question i hope you can answer...

...what do the Flyers have in Gavin Hain and what should we expect from him, i expect the Flyers to try to ink him to a contract at the conclusion of this college season.

So just wondering if he is just a bottom 6 guy or a career AHLer or maybe a guy who could eventually turn into something of value in the top 6.

I know you don't have a crystal ball and was just wanted a guestimate n his projection.

Thanks ahead of time...

Well he was our leading scorer this year until he got hurt. Could be done for the year. As of now it’s tough to say where he’d end up in the Philly organization. My best guess would be bottom six if he made the big club. He sees the ice well and is tough as nails. Good character guy too as he was a captain 

19 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

He sees the ice well and is tough as nails. Good character guy too as he was a captain 

Good to hear Flyers could use some of that. 

20 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Could be done for the year

That sucks to hear what happened??

21 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

As of now it’s tough to say where he’d end up in the Philly organization.

AHL is calling his name. Phantoms could use some more depth and grit too.

Thanks for the report. I wish i had more time to watch college hockey.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good to hear Flyers could use some of that. 

That sucks to hear what happened??

AHL is calling his name. Phantoms could use some more depth and grit too.

Thanks for the report. I wish i had more time to watch college hockey.

College is no different than the NHL when it comes to injuries. All I know is upper body 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Icechipper said:

UND 5 Western Michigan 2

So has the tournament started yet?

And can you recommend a good website that I can use to keep up with this better?

Men's college hockey gets no damn love in this country and it chaps my ass.

I'm from Grand Forks and usually see a half dozen UND games this year. Sometime to Bemidji.

UND can clinch NCHC auto bid with a sweep next weekend on road. Then it will be quarterfinals, the NCHC tourney, regionals and finally Frozen Four. Could try onhockey.com. mite not get audio though.

I don't have cable, all wireless.

• Like 2