Phantoms/Marlies

Lunatic

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Why ?

If winning was his only job, maybe ?

He's had very little talent to work with until the last 2 years. 

Seems to me like he's doing a good job of actually developing players for the next level.  For me, that's a big part of his job.

I would prefer to have some stability in the organization especially in the developmental areas than make what reads as a knee-jerk reaction to getting beat by one of the AHL's top teams going on 6 years now. 

The answer you seek was in your quote.

Why.

Reread it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The answer you seek was in your quote.

Why.

Reread it.

no see, I did read it.

Is that one facet of his job weighted more in your opinion than all the other things ?

don't be a smart ass. not a good look, especially when you aren't relating as "smart".

47 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

no see, I did read it.

Is that one facet of his job weighted more in your opinion than all the other things ?

don't be a smart ass. not a good look, especially when you aren't relating as "smart".

And it is not this past year it is over the length of his coaching tenure. I expect more from him especially in the growth department.

But just like how Hak has been criticized so should he being able to counter another team scheme or strategy...and he hasn't shown that this past year or in last year's first round exit.

@OccamsRazor

thanks for the discussion,  I have read there are some who think Gordon may be a candidate should the NHL team need a new coach. Truly, aside from thinking he's done a good job developing the prospects to play in the "system" especially the defensive prospects, I don't know enough about him or his actual game-time coaching style to have a take. 

However, Hagg has worked out pretty well, so has Ghost, Laughton managed to improve while he was in the A.  Gholbourne was good when he was called up, Leier and MacDonald the forward didn't suck either. So based on that I was thinking he was pretty decent.

Archived