Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

7 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Um, did a bunch of posts get deleted? Yesterday this topic was 11 pages long and now it's 10. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a convenient method for notification when topics are split.  

On 5/23/2018 at 6:51 AM, Antti_Laxative said:

Glad you made the trip Gnarl - GEAUX BEAVERS!

DA BEAVS! Glad to see you over here too bud! 

(I should clarify thats green for Beav pride! not for sarcasm! hahaha)

Edited by Gnarkill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

Note to users who don't know that us former WMB posters: Occasionally use green text when being sarcastic. Well, at least the long-time posters.

Mikko Koivu's my hero.

Good to know, and of course quite clever.  Many of the original members of the Flyers forum use the ninja.  either :ph34r: or :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

I also added the sarcmark  :SarcMark:  but it is rarely used.  

If members want to quote part of a long comment - highlight what you would like to quote and then click the 'quote this"

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

stuff like this too

I also noticed today that the "Report post" - upper right- isn't showing up in the color scheme.   -- I'll fix that sometime this weekend.

Feel free to post shoutouts in the Chatbox.  Any questions - Things that don't work right - and of course Hockey news items that don't necessarily need a topic.  Granted if several people start chatting about it - Then someone should post a topic in the proper forum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

^ That was in white. :VeryCool:

ha.  I noticed the rest of the post in the Activity stream.   I haven't seen much of the white posting.        Speaking of the Activity page -- I'm not sure how many have taken notice to it.  But the Twitter feed has I think a good selection of Hockey news tweets.  ( if there are suggestions to add please send me a PM)  Also, on that page has the site chatbox.  Probably unlike the NHLWild forum you can select your own Activity feeds and make one a default.  Your selections will dropdown in the menu under Activity.

The default Activity feed is New Content.  But I use All Activity a lot.  There is also a Hockey only one and of course, each member can create their own.

As many of have noticed the Discord Chat which is great for mobile use via an app.  We tend to use that mostly for game chat as it is in real time.

We  move our Fantasy Hockey mostly to the Clubs Application.  We have a few others set up.  I believe any member can start a club.  -- At one point I thought about moving all of the OT forums to Clubs, but never got around to it.

I'm always open to suggestions so just drop me PM.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 10:30 AM, Confrontational said:

Holy fricken emails updating me on every post...  Ahhhhh....  

Is that an option that I can do in my profile - or do I have to manually click the "do not notify me of replies" on every post I do...?

Confrontational, Did you fix it? Just block e-mail notifications in your account settings.

We would like to welcome any Wild fans new to this forum (and there are a lot of you! :) ),   to participate in our annual HF.net 2018 NHL Mock Draft.    More information may be found here .....

I hope you join us! :)

13 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Confrontational, Did you fix it? Just block e-mail notifications in your account settings.

I have everything shut off in my account settings - and still get tons of emails...  Even below this post - default is also on "notify me of replies".

Edited by Confrontational

The Default is always notify of replies but that is usually via notifications on site.  My guess is all of the settings won't take effect on this topic, but will take effect on a new one.  Maybe change it so you receive 1 email / day of notifications. 

2 hours ago, Confrontational said:

I have everything shut off in my account settings - and still get tons of emails...  Even below this post - default is also on "notify me of replies".

Rotty explained perfectly well. I do not have any since I shut down an e-mail notifications.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:20 PM, Jagged Ice said:

Mine too. From the day we drafted him. He's better than his brother.

MNSOTA can confirm, the day we drafted him I knew we did so simply because of his brother...anyone remember when he was a yeti where we waited 3 years before he got here and by the time he got here he still hadn't done his military service as required of young male Finns.

37 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

MNSOTA can confirm, the day we drafted him I knew we did so simply because of his brother...anyone remember when he was a yeti where we waited 3 years before he got here and by the time he got here he still hadn't done his military service as required of young male Finns.

Athletes have different rules when it comes to the military service over here. Heck, they even have it a helluva lot easier than us regular people.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 9:20 PM, Jagged Ice said:

Mine too. From the day we drafted him. He's better than his brother.

The sarcasm is so strong, that it almost broke my phone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Yup. And if I remember correctly, the reason he didn't want to come over to the Wild was because he wanted to complete the contract he had with TPS Turku and finish his military service...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Yup. And if I remember correctly, the reason he didn't want to come over to the Wild was because he wanted to complete the contract he had with TPS Turku and finish his military service...

True story...but the team was sooooo happy to have him.  Although Granlund did kind of the same thing, just for 2 years as opposed to 3.  

On 5/22/2018 at 9:36 PM, JR Ewing said:

then ANOTHER one which closed down its messaging

Same here. CBS Sports had a good forum that I joined in 2007 as Warped Mind, but after a few years they decided that having fans actually talk about sports online wasn't their cup of tea.

But I ran into some cool Flyers fans there, and had some fun on one of their boards for a while. It was eye-opening to learn that there was actually such a thing as "cool Philly sports fans" :cheers:  Wish I'd remembered their screen names to see if any of 'em are here now. 

BTW, I'm ecstatic that the Wild extended Koivu; it was richly deserved.