Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

5 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

And to our mods here......just know that we occasionally have knock down, drag down fights, but after a while, things settle down and things are back to normal.

Yes, there sure have been but at least we don't resort to biting off ears.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

on another note, I am so glad that I am not limited to 10 likes per 24 hour period unlike before on Name Redacted. and from now on I shall refer to it as Name redacted.

Fear of the name increases the fear of the thing itself...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

And to our mods here......just know that we occasionally have knock down, drag down fights, but after a while, things settle down and things are back to normal.

^ I resemble that. Like Ali used to say, "I'm a bad, bad man." With mods here though I probably won't break people down when begging for it. lol

• Uggh... 1

@J0e Th0rnton  Actually I am a Sharks fan as well I loved the Casio Keyboard goal horn and I grew up in the 90's so after the Northstars were gone and before the Wild came and I for whatever reason gravitated towards the Sharks when playing Hockey video games. So while the wild are my favorite team I would say the Sharks are #2.  I also have been playing Fantasy Hockey since 2001 so I started when I was in 7th grade or so.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 3
  • Uggh... 1

50 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Holy balls, does this site have enough notification settings?!?!?!?!  My email was getting torched.

Let me give you another one 😁

i hear ya though. My email box has never had so much action 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MNSOTA said:

As long as you keep it civil without attacking each other by name calling, you will have no worries from us.  All fans have heated discussions...its just our passion showing.   You will see we are pretty laid back and hardly intervene unless we have to.  We do stress, that if there is post that is causing you stress or consternation, then please use the report button located in the upper right hand corner of each post and we will deal with it discreetly. 

1 hour ago, MNSOTA said:

Holy balls, does this site have enough notification settings?!?!?!?!  My email was getting torched.

LOL ... yeah it does but you can change that in the settings part of your profile.  You should see it when we start sending trade offers back and forth during the regular FHL season ... LOL  talk about your inbox exploding.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

I also have been playing Fantasy Hockey since 2001 so I started when I was in 7th grade or so.

Then by all means I hope you give us a chance and join our league come this fall.  You will see lots of postings when that time comes.  We are looking for new GM's all the time and would welcome you with open arms.  Besides we have a great group who really keeps each other on our toes.  @J0e Th0rnton and @yave1964 are some real sharp GM's and have a wealth of FHL knowledge.  Just let me know if you have more ?? about our FHL.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

You should see it when we start sending trade offers back and forth during the regular FHL season ... LOL  talk about your inbox exploding.

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Yea, as was already mentioned, we are laid back.

Heated arguments are cool, so long as no one is being targeted personally or abused in any way.

But things like that don't happen very often here and I've been on here for about almost 5 years now.

We DO have a mod or two who will go absolutely ball-peen hammer on the more insidiously knuckleheaded individuals who have an aversion to civility, but again, it isn't a normal thing here.

We encourage differing opinions and sometimes those lead to two sides strongly disagreeing.

As long as everyone keeps their big boy (or big girl) pants on, it's all good.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@pilldoc nice took a look at the link you provided earlier and it looks just like a basic Yahoo H2H league which is what I am used to 

here were the settings for my league last year so not too much difference. Also assuming we're just playing for fun with no money involved?

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/76421/settings

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, as was already mentioned, we are laid back.

Heated arguments are cool, so long as no one is being targeted personally or abused in any way.

Works for me. Name Redacted had its share of trash talking, but for the most part it was pretty civilized. Even when the gloves came off, the punches typically stayed above the belt and inside the ring.

Once in a while we'd get a prize cementhead; if the admins here are able to nip that in the bud, you'll have lots of happy hockey fans on your hands.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

@pilldoc nice took a look at the link you provided earlier and it looks just like a basic Yahoo H2H league which is what I am used to 

here were the settings for my league last year so not too much difference. Also assuming we're just playing for fun with no money involved?

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/76421/settings

Yes, you are correct, it is a basic YAHOO H2H league.  We use to be a points based league, but switched to a categories based format last year and it was a hit.  Will probably make some minor tweaks here or there but for the most part the format will remain unchanged.

And yes...this is strictly for fun and bragging rights only.  This is NOT a money league.

2 hours ago, Bear said:

Here

As I have been telling all your friends.  Welcome aboard.  So glad you decided to join our hockey community.  Please see all my other posts welcoming you guys.  We have a lot to offer so if you have any questions just let myself, @hf101, or any other Mod know, and we will do the best to help you out.

Again Welcome!

~pilldoc

Edited by pilldoc

Some history:

The Wild had a message board and over the years it kept evolving. It would go down, get hacked, change to something else and the very last time it changed they said the NHL hosted a message board that they had to adhere to. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but there was a lot of people upset that we (several Wild fans here) had to succumb to towing the line with an NHL format, board and structure.

So either we were fed a line of sh!t or as it appears here now, we were fed a line of sh!t. All other message boards sponsored by the NHL seem to have made choices where fans can help moderate or assist them somehow but not the Wild. Early on when there were board issues and voiced them, we were informed by Wild_Radio (the board administrator... aka Kevin Falness) that he'd have to check things out with NHL'er staff on how to correct, modify or implement whatever measures to make the board more manageable.

My take is Kevin's britches got bigger and due to time constraints and other more notable obligations (which is a good thing for him) they undoubtedly decided to simply cut ties altogether from the board.

As far as I'm concerned they just opened up a huge can of worms if someone started up another message board for fans to base their opinions (often times unfavorable) about how the club mishandles so many deep-dark secrets and they're banking on something like that failing and never gaining any traction. Legitimately they could deal with something like that through legal means and simply get it shut down if they didn't want any negative hassles. One could start a board, use their trademark logo without permission and poof, it'd get shut down. Trust me, this board hasn't gained much favor by any of the drama it brings to unaware fans with all the garbage the players have dealt the organization.

-

And here we are.

• Like 3

On Nov 1, 2011, this site was created followed by a mass exodus from the philly.com forums which began in 2003.  Those forums were infiltrated with trolls, the software didn't work, and the site lacked any admin moderation due to budget cuts at the newspaper.  Over 200 Flyer fans joined this site in a couple of days.  If you click the link in the first sentence you will see that that forum never recovered.  LOL.

And one more thing.  On Oct 31st, 2011 longtime member @ruxpin wrote a rant that should have been forever kept in the HF.net hall of fame.  

... and here we all are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

On Nov 1, 2011, this site was created followed by a mass exodus from the philly.com forums which began in 2003.  Those forums were infiltrated with trolls, the software didn't work, and the site lacked any admin moderation due to budget cuts at the newspaper.  Over 200 Flyer fans joined this site in a couple of days.  If you click the link in the first sentence you will see that that forum never recovered.  LOL.

And one more thing.  On Oct 31st, 2011 longtime member @ruxpin wrote a rant that should have been forever kept in the HF.net hall of fame.  

... and here we all are.

And a lot of us came over from Hockeyforums.com, which is now defunct since 2009 but we had come over in mass exodus from ESPN boards back in 2003 when it went down lol

I love this board. Lots of good friends from all team and even our very own village idiot(you will figure who it is out).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

If you click the link in the first sentence you will see that that forum never recovered.  LOL.

Yeah at one point in time a couple of years ago there was literally like 5 new posts in a 2 year period and the whole board was infested with Trolls.  Like @hf101 mentioned, that board has NEVER recovered. 

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

And one more thing.  On Oct 31st, 2011 longtime member @ruxpin wrote a rant that should have been forever kept in the HF.net hall of fame

Oh my ... I totally forgot about that.  It was EPIC.  Is there a copy of it somewhere ?? We definitely need to have that enshrined somewhere.