Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

7 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

What are the chances that the 218 knob doesn't visit the boards prior to the June 1st shutdown? How nice that would be if he didn't.

I was wondering about that too. I imagine we have moderators here that won't tolerate that type of behavior. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jagged Ice said:
10 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

What are the chances that the 218 knob doesn't visit the boards prior to the June 1st shutdown? How nice that would be if he didn't.

I was wondering about that too. I imagine we have moderators here that won't tolerate that type of behavior. 

Would you like to give us preview of who this poster is?  I'm assuming he has abusive behavior.  And yes  we try to be even keeled and give members a chance, but there is certain behavior we will not tolerate.

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Would you like to give us preview of who this poster is?  I'm assuming he has abusive behavior.  And yes  we try to be even keeled and give members a chance, but there is certain behavior we will not tolerate.

Trust me, you'll know if it ever shows its face here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see all of the new members here. Hope you guys all enjoy yourselves.

On 5/20/2018 at 8:50 PM, McMahon 6 said:

Works for me. Name Redacted had its share of trash talking, but for the most part it was pretty civilized. Even when the gloves came off, the punches typically stayed above the belt and inside the ring.

Once in a while we'd get a prize cementhead; if the admins here are able to nip that in the bud, you'll have lots of happy hockey fans on your hands.

I would be fine if a cement-headed Oilers fan showed up here to give me company. There was one guy who joined up last season, but he gets all of his hockey info from a burning bush, so he didn't last.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, EL_CAPITAN_#9 said:

Hello everybody, so happy to be here! Im too from the old wild forum(different nickname).

Welcome aboard!

So.....had a different nickname?

I take it you got a promotion then...you were El Teniente before, right?

Congrats on making Captain!  :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Megawild said:

Oh and thanks @hf101, @pilldoc, and @TropicalFruitGirl26 for the warm welcome :D  I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Oh hey, do we have a limit on likes per day?  The board that shall not be mentioned had a limit of 10 per 24 hours and it was annoying!

You are very welcome.

While HF, pilldoc, and I have been the most vocal so far, our staff goes beyond us three.

Some very capable people and overall excellent hockey fans/critics.

For a full list of our staff, if you go to our front page, scroll ALLL the way to the bottom left, you will see the staff listed with their avatars and what their titles are (mods, manager, owner, etc) for future reference.

Again, glad to have this infusion of posters, and certainly for a team I follow.

I'd love to see this happen with other teams fanbases as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megawild said:

Oh and thanks @hf101, @pilldoc, and @TropicalFruitGirl26 for the warm welcome :D  I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Oh hey, do we have a limit on likes per day?  The board that shall not be mentioned had a limit of 10 per 24 hours and it was annoying!

@TropicalFruitGirl26 covered the rest, but you're welcome to "like" until you're giddy!

Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

@EL_CAPITAN_#9 Welcome glad your here. Not sure how many are left who haven't come aboard yet but hopefully they all do minus you know who(s).

I'm counting 32 have joined here since Fri night.  But add that to Devin who was already here and you are at 33 from the nhl wild forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hf101 said:

@pilldoc

Currently members have 25 likes /day.  Supporting members have unlimited likes and more perks too. 

That is plenty.  Worst thing was on the old POS, if there were back to back games and someone was saying something cool you had to wait before you could like or whatever...

I also dig that you can see who reacts, it sure is nice to know who has opinions on what you have to say.

• Like 1

Just now, bbgarnett said:

@Megawild Totally it makes it much easier to see who that creepy stalker is who just goes and likes everything your saying. 

Sheesh quality stalking wasn't even available at that old POS of a forum.   :tongue:

And I LOVE the tons of emotes here too!

@Megawild totally and the mention this user command is so nice as you can you @ a person instead of quoting the whole post. Granted we could @ a person at name redacted it was just never a button like it is here and It just always slipped my mind that you could do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

@MNSOTA I was trying to figure that out too but since he's from Finland I think it's Janisku7

Hard to say. A while ago Janisku7 posted on the other board. I'll send him a private message about here. He doesn't log on very often.

3 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

@Megawild Glad to see you finally came over to the dark side or err maybe this is the good side compared to what we had before.

I was giving the old black hole a few days to simmer to see if folks had found a new juke joint to hang out in...

*looks around at the walls covered in crusty rusty memorabilia, curmudgeonly bartender, filthy bathrooms, partially functioning bubble-hockey game in the corner*

This will do nicely! 

:joe:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Well MN, if it did, and I presume it has, then I have a feeling it would be dealt with quickly here as opposed to the site that should not be...

• Like 1

Paging other users:

Blyan

Wild-fans-86

ClusterChuck

PTO-Joneser --> angelina_e please wake up the old man. (snickers)

THUNDERBIRD08

Villette-Lavaux

rocketjumper

lynxrattle

FINBJ

geo-1

OldNorse

icechipper? I thought I might have seen you check in here - I'm double checking.

Hope I didn't miss anyone

2 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

@MNSOTA I was trying to figure that out too but since he's from Finland I think it's Janisku7

Oh nonononononon bb!   He was definitely NOT from Finland... he was a true born Iron Ranger in area code 218 and loathed anyone from the 612 area code.

Remember, just before his final meltdown, someone did track him down and his family and his sandwich eating prowess...

:eyeroll:

9 minutes ago, Megawild said:

Sheesh quality stalking wasn't even available at that old POS of a forum.   :tongue:

And I LOVE the tons of emotes here too!

6 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

@Megawild totally and the mention this user command is so nice as you can you @ a person instead of quoting the whole post. Granted we could @ a person at name redacted it was just never a button like it is here and It just always slipped my mind that you could do that.

That's the difference between a corporate forum like the NHL forums, reddit,  that other HF site and a custom site like this.  I like the plugins and applications to create a better user experience for everyone.  If my daughter would ever finish my new likes buttons as I've desired they all would be hockey related.  Free graphic design comes with a long wait time. lol.

The next upgrade adds some new stuff as well including all the emoji from your phones. I've been distracted though in a good way from getting this done.  (hopefully by the end of the long weekend)

oh and btw,  the area code I grew up with was ...  218     :BrownBag:

• Haha 2