Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

:welcome:   Awesome.  :CelebratingSmiley:

We are here for you all.  I'd love more than anything to have the Wild forum, and the other 29 forums too, as active as the Flyers forum.  :yes:

Getting rid fo Fletcher was the best thing to happen since they signed Parise.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lonkkis said:

Heya, folks!

With Wild.com shutting its forums down soon, I'll be looking for a similar place like it to hang out and discuss Wild things on.

Been a Wild fan for a long, long time. And with Chuch Fletchers departure, here's hoping the new GM can convince Leipold to approve major changes with the franchise, because Wild is honestly stuck on mediocre when it comes to playoff hockey.

Time will tell.

Welcome!! We have a great hockey community here with many, many knowledgeable fans.  By all means bring your friends over here. The more the merrier. :smileyandcomputer:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey all, I am a former Wild Message board member as well and will have to check this place out. I am less active during the offseason but would love to have a place where all of the former WMB users can come and connect along with the veterans of this board and just have fun conversations, GDT's and rant and rave good or bad about this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Hey all, I am a former Wild Message board member as well and will have to check this place out. I am less active during the offseason but would love to have a place where all of the former WMB users can come and connect along with the veterans of this board and just have fun conversations, GDT's and rant and rave good or bad about this team.

:welcome:

I think you all will enjoy it here.

10 minutes ago, hf101 said:

:welcome:

I think you all will enjoy it here.

Thanks, was closing in on 14000 posts on the old board so hopefully, all of the guys and gals from the old board migrate to the same place and that I can start working towards 14000+ posts again.  We had tossed around Reddit and this board so who knows what will happen.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

Thanks, was closing in on 14000 posts on the old board so hopefully, all of the guys and gals from the old board migrate to the same place as we had tossed around Reddit and this board so who knows what will happen.

That's more posts than I have.  lol.

I do read reddit, and post a lot of their streamable videos.  Find info etc for topics too.

This site will probably have more of a community feel to it as we are a lot smaller and the software is the same as the NHL's forums while there are a lot more unique features here, and I'm always up for new ideas to make the site better.  We have our own fantasy hockey leagues, we have ways to promote bloggers, and one activity I enjoy doing is our mock draft.  Where members get to draft the player of their choice as they impersonate the teams GM.  I find it an excellent way to study all of the top prospects.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hf101 said:

That's more posts than I have.  lol.

I do read reddit, and post a lot of their streamable videos.  Find info etc for topics too.

This site will probably have more of a community feel to it as we are a lot smaller and the software is the same as the NHL's forums while there are a lot more unique features here, and I'm always up for new ideas to make the site better.  We have our own fantasy hockey leagues, we have ways to promote bloggers, and one activity I enjoy doing is our mock draft.  Where members get to draft the player of their choice as they impersonate the teams GM.  I find it an excellent way to study all of the top prospects.

yeah, I noticed it is basically identical to the other forum. Will have to see the unique features and what not. my only minor issue which really isn't an issue as I can just use my Dark Reader chrome extension to turn on dark mode for this site.  Anyways the color scheme for whatever reason on here it bothers my eyes more even though I am using f.lux and have been for a while now to help with my monitor's brightness. So maybe it's because it's a white on white or greyish on white compared to the black on white with the wild background images etc on the other forums who knows but I understand that this is one forum so you can't necessarily make each teams forum personalized with each teams colors and logos/images etc. But all will be fine as I can just turn on dark mode whenever I am on here through that extension. Also glad to actually have an admin here who can lurk and hopefully remove problem posts or spam unlike the wild boards who didn't really have an admin and when there was a spam issue had to try and find someone to contact to get it removed, which actually did happen after a week or two.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the welcome!

Yeah, it sucks when a forum shuts down. Spent several years posting on Wild boards, even longer lurking them. Hopefully most of the users there find a new place to hang out. Will especially miss the GDT posts, watching people go boinkers for various reasons was fun. 😁

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Hi everyone, I'm the former LemaireisGOD from the Wild.com message boards.  Good to see some familiar online faces here!

8 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

A hearty welcome to you guys.  As @hf101 mentioned, we have a great hockey community here.  Though originally founded by Flyer fans because of issues with our former watering hole, this site has grown to be represented by many many NHL teams.  I consider many on here good friends.  We have many knowledgeable members on here with a vast array of hockey knowledge.  We have special blogs, in-game chat and many other features.

For those interested in FHL (Fantasy Hockey Leagues) we run 2 leagues that run hand and in hand.  As the League Manager, we are always looking for more GM's.  Please let me kn ow if you are interested.  More info about the those leagues can be found here.....

and here .....

https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/hf.net-fhl/=1

We also special Clubs for non-hockey topics.  Finally we have or own special Mock NHL Draft and Playoff Hockey Fantasy Hockey League .... https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/fantasy-cup-playoffs/=1

Overall we have a great time here.  I hope you bring more of your Wild friends here to join our community.  If you have any questions. please do not hesitated to ask either @hf101 or myself, or anyone of the Mods.

Again Welcome!

best,

Pilldoc

Manager

HF.net Fantasy Hockey League Manager

@CreaseAndAssist, I love your screen name. :toast:

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

Thanks, was closing in on 14000 posts on the old board so hopefully, all of the guys and gals from the old board migrate to the same place and that I can start working towards 14000+ posts again.  We had tossed around Reddit and this board so who knows what will happen.

I had about 10,000 posts at the old message boards under the LemaireisGOD handle, and about 14,000 posts under my KillerCarlson handle before that.  Our group may have not been that big at the end, but we posted a lot and topics stayed pretty fresh.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

yeah, I noticed it is basically identical to the other forum. Will have to see the unique features and what not. my only minor issue which really isn't an issue as I can just use my Dark Reader chrome extension to turn on dark mode for this site.  Anyways the color scheme for whatever reason on here it bothers my eyes more even though I am using f.lux and have been for a while now to help with my monitor's brightness. So maybe it's because it's a white on white or greyish on white compared to the black on white with the wild background images etc on the other forums who knows but I understand that this is one forum so you can't necessarily make each teams forum personalized with each teams colors and logos/images etc. But all will be fine as I can just turn on dark mode whenever I am on here through that extension. Also glad to actually have an admin here who can lurk and hopefully remove problem posts or spam unlike the wild boards who didn't really have an admin and when there was a spam issue had to try and find someone to contact to get it removed, which actually did happen after a week or two.

Interesting comments on the brightness.  I've pretty much stuck to the original 50 shades of grey concept that the original owner of this site started with of course my own additional tweaking.  I'll look into an alternative darker theme option this summer.  I think we generally went with the tones of grey for the most part so that the site was work friendly.   I can purchase an app which will allow some individual theming in the area located where the Forum name / logo is as a background.  Ideally, I would like a grey toned background image with highlights of the team colors.  ie something like this with maybe an additional green outline of the trees.  Or a grouping of the star players of each team with some color highlights.  

Image result for grey and white minnesota wild logo

My youngest daughter is a graphic designer, but her time always seems very limited for free work.   :IDunnoSmiley:

And yes having an admin, group of moderators, and supporting members who care about the site for all hockey fans is probably unique.  Spam generally doesn't make it through the initial 5 post-approval process.  We can weed out the nonfans pretty quickly.  All members can report posts as an alert of some heated posts or a topic which might take some cleaning up.  Generally, we just hide posts as needed.  Members who have trouble playing nice with others tend to get moved to a grouping where their posts need approval.  I also plan to give a couple of you new Wild fans moderator status for the Wild forum.   This way you can merge topics, hide posts etc also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I posted lots of articles on the Wild.com message boards.  While that may seem like advertisement, I'd just say that quite literally I don't really make any money off of blogging.  USAToday now has partnered with the Sports Daily and that is who I'm writing for now.  I used to write for Fansided for a time under their flagship Gone Puck Wild (and that is affiliated with Sports Illustrated).  I used to have the ability to change my layout a long time ago when I wrote for Most Valuable Network but once they pushed me and other sports bloggers over to Bloguin / Sports Daily...we don't control that kind of content.  I'd certainly put a side link if I had that ability but I really don't.  Its nothing personal.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

A hearty welcome to you guys.  As @hf101 mentioned, we have a great hockey community here.  Though originally founded by Flyer fans because of issues with our former watering hole, this site has grown to be represented by many many NHL teams.  I consider many on here good friends.  We have many knowledgeable members on here with a vast array of hockey knowledge.  We have special blogs, in-game chat and many other features.

For those interested in FHL (Fantasy Hockey Leagues) we run 2 leagues that run hand and in hand.  As the League Manager, we are always looking for more GM's.  Please let me kn ow if you are interested.  More info about the those leagues can be found here.....

and here .....

https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/hf.net-fhl/=1

We also special Clubs for non-hockey topics.  Finally we have or own special Mock NHL Draft and Playoff Hockey Fantasy Hockey League .... https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/fantasy-cup-playoffs/=1

Overall we have a great time here.  I hope you bring more of your Wild friends here to join our community.  If you have any questions. please do not hesitated to ask either @hf101 or myself, or anyone of the Mods.

Again Welcome!

best,

Pilldoc

Manager

HF.net Fantasy Hockey League Manager

@CreaseAndAssist, I love your screen name. :toast:

CreaseAndAssist, give credit to my friend @timnado on Twitter, he thought of it.  My blog was known as the State of Hockey News for 13 years before the Minnesota Wild suddenly became annoyed or aware I used 'State of Hockey' in the title and they sent my boss a Cease and Desist letter.  So my friend came up with Crease And Assist: A Legally Compliant Minnesota Hockey Blog as our official title as sort of a middle finger to the team I follow and write about.  And of course I'm @CreaseAndAssist on Twitter too.  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Greetings all......I just posted my final post over at the wild.com boards. Post #26,653.

:welcome:  to your first post of many more to come here.

:VeryCool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

CreaseAndAssist, give credit to my friend @timnado on Twitter, he thought of it.  My blog was known as the State of Hockey News for 13 years before the Minnesota Wild suddenly became annoyed or aware I used 'State of Hockey' in the title and they sent my boss a Cease and Desist letter.  So my friend came up with Crease And Assist: A Legally Compliant Minnesota Hockey Blog as our official title as sort of a middle finger to the team I follow and write about.  And of course I'm @CreaseAndAssist on Twitter too.  

That's an awesome story.  Both entertaining and impressive.    I'm heading over to Twitter™ to follow you. 

Welcome aboard.!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

That's an awesome story.  Both entertaining and impressive.    I'm heading over to Twitter™ to follow you. 

Welcome aboard.!  

I was already following him.   :haha:

• Haha 1