Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

New to this board, and the old one to be honest. I made an account towards the end of last year and now i see its been moved to this new sight. Got my center ice pack back and can now watch from the west coast,  salem Oregon. Im a transplant from coon rapids MN. Love Minnesota hockey. Wish everyone well and i enjoy reading everyones comments. Like therapy for me haha 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Oregonwildfan said:

Hello all, 

New to this board, and the old one to be honest. I made an account towards the end of last year and now i see its been moved to this new sight. Got my center ice pack back and can now watch from the west coast,  salem Oregon. Im a transplant from coon rapids MN. Love Minnesota hockey. Wish everyone well and i enjoy reading everyones comments. Like therapy for me haha 

Welcome aboard @Oregonwildfan , glad to have you. More additions to Wild Nation is a good thing.

But just off the top, "They", meaning the Minnesota Wild forum owners you joined, did not move here...we are independent from them.
What we DO have here is the vast majority of the posters of that forum...and glad to have them here.

We are run differently, not a big "conglomerate" type site, we like our discussion, even our disagreements, but we like to think we are civil and run a bit better.

Either way, welcome to our humble little space on the net, make yourself at home, and if you have any questions or concerns, there should be no shortage of people that can help you...mods, admins....even veteran posters.

Have a look around, familiarize yourself with our layout, and you will be on post moderation for just a short time (its an anti-spam measure), but since we almost always have staff around, your posts won't sit on "waiting for approval" status too long, and before you know it, you will just be able to post at will.

See ya round the boards, and Go Wild!

On 8/4/2018 at 6:04 AM, Alexandron said:

And I am still waiting for Hockey-78 to sign too. Because you always able to raise I would say the voltage level in our discussions.

Why thank you! 🙂

Aiming to raise the level of hockey IQ in discussions but if voltage works for you then that's what you're gonna get... 😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lonkkis said:

Took you long enough. 😋

Ah, the first shot at me. Fair enough. 🙂

Although seeing in the offseason we're going with the same old roster another season really didn't get me excited. I'll probably post the same old rants I did last season! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Hi All.

Another one from the Wild.com Titanic. I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a new forum but I guess I just missed the group

*sniffs* and the discussions. Of course looking forward to all the new people too. 

Welcome!

Good that you decided to join old friends (and posting rivals) on our boards.
You will find a pretty nice assortment of characters on this site as well as fans such as myself who have their favorite teams, but would gladly talk about ANY NHL team as well some baseball, football, and college sports ranks fans also.

We like to think we are reasonably moderated as well, so the time you spend here should be troll and hassle free.

Make yourself at home and if you have any questions, flag down a mod or admin and we can help you out.
Many of our veteran members are also good sources for helping you with board questions as well.

See ya round the site!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Hi All.

Another one from the Wild.com Titanic. I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a new forum but I guess I just missed the group

*sniffs* and the discussions. Of course looking forward to all the new people too. 

Ahoy, Chucky. Good to see you again. 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Hi All.

Hi Chuck,

I know you missed me, no need for any smoke screens. 😉 Welcome back!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a new forum but I guess I just missed the group

But.... this is the best forum. 😍

:welcome:

• Like 2

Welcome. As you can see by post counts, we Wild fans/analysts are kind of a big deal on this board. Philadelphia fans also bring it, but some these other NHL team threads could up their game. Maybe a few cheap shots will bring them around.....😎

• Like 2

Welcome to a Board Oregonwildfan, Hockey-78 and a ClusterChuck! Time to time we need some higher voltage in our discussions from different fans otherwise it will get bored. As more active fans we will have as more interest we will create.

I have a question to a hf101 and to Rotty. Can we transfer (duplicate) a games prediction results just for the Wild team here to our Board? I always was interested to follow that topic at our old Wild Board. It would be easy to focus on our Wild Fan Board results. Like I said before - I do not participate in that competition, because always like a win for our team but like to see who was more accurate fan winner every year for the Wild.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:55 AM, Hockey-78 said:

Ah, the first shot at me. Fair enough. 🙂

Although seeing in the offseason we're going with the same old roster another season really didn't get me excited. I'll probably post the same old rants I did last season! 😁

Our kind of an old-ish roster have got more than 100 points during the regular season last 2 years in a row. This season they started slow , but became recently more active and more productive. Hope they will improve more, including a playoffs results too. And we(fans) are getting older and slower - sign or not to sign for the new Wild Message Board? 🙂.

56 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Our kind of an old-ish roster have got more than 100 points during the regular season last 2 years in a row. This season they started slow , but became recently more active and more productive. Hope they will improve more, including a playoffs results too. And we(fans) are getting older and slower - sign or not to sign for the new Wild Message Board? 🙂.

Hi Alex, what's going down pal? 😎

Quite a few doesn't remember those 100 points since they didn't accumulate anything in the playoffs - back-to-back 1st round exits! One could even argue that those exits hurt a lot more because the regular season hinted there would be more to come.

I was in no hurry to sign in here since it was summer and like already mentioned, nothing really changed with this team. What was there to talk about? The "tweaks"? 😁 *no pun intended*

Since this place is moderated I have a feeling we won't be seeing the "high voltage" discussions we used to. And for the record, I'm glad it's that way in here. Calling names grows old fast especially without a moderator. But hey, let's have a good one in here bud! 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Hi Alex, what's going down pal? 😎

Quite a few doesn't remember those 100 points since they didn't accumulate anything in the playoffs - back-to-back 1st round exits! One could even argue that those exits hurt a lot more because the regular season hinted there would be more to come.

I was in no hurry to sign in here since it was summer and like already mentioned, nothing really changed with this team. What was there to talk about? The "tweaks"? 😁 *no pun intended*

Since this place is moderated I have a feeling we won't be seeing the "high voltage" discussions we used to. And for the record, I'm glad it's that way in here. Calling names grows old fast especially without a moderator. But hey, let's have a good one in here bud! 😊

Hi Hockey-78, Agree about your feelings of "less voltage" in discussions  we used to. But , in my opinion,  they are still good under the  moderator control 😍. Believe it or not despite of all "tweaks'" in our historic transfer of the Wild Fan Message Board  this year we were able to put here more than 4500 posts since mid of May. Even Flyers fans were not able to do that in their history in such a short period of time.😛 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, Oregonwildfan said:

Hello all, 

I would like to welcome you to the site. Thanks for migrating over to this site.

I figure it's time for me to stop lurking and join in on some of the discussions.

I'm a season ticket holder since the first season so most of the time I won't

be able to join in on the game day threads until after the game.

I moved to Minnesota from Winnipeg when both cities didn't have an

NHL team. Now I have two favorite teams to cheer for.

I don't offend easily so I should fit right in.

1 hour ago, Pegger said:

I figure it's time for me to stop lurking and join in on some of the discussions.

Nice avatar. There's one I haven't see for a few years.

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Nice avatar. There's one I haven't see for a few years.

A lot of Canadian kids grew up watching that cartoon. It used to be shown in Winnipeg  along with a Pinocchio stop motion show.

Both were made by the same people that made Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman.

24 minutes ago, Pegger said:

A lot of Canadian kids grew up watching that cartoon. It used to be shown in Winnipeg  along with a Pinocchio stop motion show.

Both were made by the same people that made Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman.

Yeah, we used to get the same shows from CFTO, from Toronto, at about 6 in the morning on Saturdays, and then CFRN in Edmonton when we moved there.

21 hours ago, Pegger said:

I'm from Up North too, and was able to attend far more games (WHA and NHL) old Winnipeg Arena, always thrilling at their speedy wingers (once sat on an end rail seat and was able to get a high-five from the Golden Jet himself, Bobby Hull, back to receive an honour from the club) than I'd at the old Met Center where the North Stars long shined.