Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

I have an odd question. I regularly take a look at several of the prospect rankings, but have always wondered why NHL Central Scouting, in 2018, still separates their rankings between NA skaters and European skaters.  It's not a big deal except as the draft approaches and I'm looking to scout and guess picks for my team--then I find this separation annoying.

Does anyone know any practical reason that they still do this?

• Like 2

@hf101 Thanks and no worries this is your site/forum and you're free to run it or make it look however you want as I think my eyes must just be getting worse or something ( I am only 30) but have had issues with depth perception and Lazy eye etc  my whole life so no need to make changes just for me as like I was saying I can just use my Chrome extension and that helps mitigate some of the issues as I can turn the page dark and even adjust the brightness and contrast etc etc. As for that app you said you could purchase I mean that's completly up to you and I would never expect you to go out of your way and purchase something just becuase I think it'd be a neat idea and especially if it's like an extra monthly fee and not just a one time purchase. Thanks though for taking my ideas/suggestions into consideration and I look forward to seeing this forum and community grow.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I have an odd question. I regularly take a look at several of the prospect rankings, but have always wondered why NHL Central Scouting, in 2018, still separates their rankings between NA skaters and European skaters.  It's not a big deal except as the draft approaches and I'm looking to scout and guess picks for my team--then I find this separation annoying.

Does anyone know any practical reason that they still do this?

I might be guessing, but its probably because the teams' European scouts don't really watch any North American players and vice versa for North American scouts to see European-based players so they don't have comparibles the same way.  So they keep it as two lists.  The other agencies find opportunities to watch both groups; at tournaments or cross-over games to try to create just one list.  

You're right though, it is a bit odd.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MNSOTA said:

Greetings all......I just posted my final post over at the wild.com boards. Post #26,653.

Welcome!  So glad you guys can find another home.  We are happy you guys decided to join our ever growing hockey community.  See my other posts as we have lots to offer.

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I posted lots of articles on the Wild.com message boards.  While that may seem like advertisement, I'd just say that quite literally I don't really make any money off of blogging.  USAToday now has partnered with the Sports Daily and that is who I'm writing for now.  I used to write for Fansided for a time under their flagship Gone Puck Wild (and that is affiliated with Sports Illustrated).  I used to have the ability to change my layout a long time ago when I wrote for Most Valuable Network but once they pushed me and other sports bloggers over to Bloguin / Sports Daily...we don't control that kind of content.  I'd certainly put a side link if I had that ability but I really don't.  Its nothing personal.  

Check with @hf101 .  I'm sure we would love to have you post your Blog here.  That would be awesome!

1 hour ago, rottenrefs said:

Hello,

I'm yet another (going on) former member of the soon to be defunct MN Wild forums making a move.

Formerly #3 on the tree of post count at 25,424 but #1 with likes at 1,792 and counting :VeryCool:

I hate rottenrefs! Which is why I originally joined the boards over there. Oh the irony.

Welcome!  Always glad to have more fans join our site.  Looking forward to reading the many posts you will post here.  Please see all our other posts in this thread for as what we have to offer. 

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:
1 hour ago, MNSOTA said:

Oh, and I will be posting articles here as well as CreaseandAssist and I are a package deal....

(sigh)  So yea, that's my wife. 

That is totally cool! :VeryCool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Present... and migrated from WMB

LOL ... Awesome screen name!  As I have been mentioning to all your fellow Wild fans.... Welcome to HF.net! :) Glad you guys join us.  Feel free to look around the site and feel free to ask any questions you may have.  Again... if you, or any of your Wild friends have interest in Fantasy Hockey please let me know as we have a GREAT FHL here.  Shoot me a PM for more info as we are always looking for more GM's.

Again Welcome!

best,

pilldoc

Manager

HF. net Fantasy Hockey League Manager

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

Me too, Antti. I am smoothly migrated yesterday :VeryCool:. Nice to see our family is gradually building/restoring again like the bird Phoenix regenerated from ashes.  I have more shy/modest results (posted  at the Wild Message Board just 286 times) for the last 10 years than you Anttii, bbgarnett, CreaseAndAssisst(still prefer LIG- please, let me address you that simple easy way), rottenrefs, MNSOTA and many other members. I am glad to see you  all again in our new home. Hope, this place is going to be more hot through our discussions  , especially during the Wild hockey season.

As I have been saying to all your friends.  Welcome to HF.net! :)  So glad you guys decided to call this home.  We have a ton of fans from all around NHL calling this home.  We offer a little bit of everything from blogs to in game chats to Mock Drafts and of course Fantasy Hockey.  Post as little or as a lot as your time allows as you will never be judged by your post counts.   If  you have any questions, please feel free to contact either @hf101 (our site manager), myself (Manager) or any of our other Mods.  We are all here to help you guys make a smooth transition.  We have a great member base with a vast amount of hockey knowledge.   Oh and as I have been mentioning to everyone else, if you or any of your friends are interested in Fantasy Hockey (FHL), please let me know as I am the League Manager of our Fantasy Hockey League and we are always looking for more GM's to grow our league.

Again a hearty welcome!

best,

pilldoc

Manager

HF.net Fantasy Hockey League Manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

and I think you new people will like our dedicated collection of hockey fans, smarmy comedians, online high rolling gamblers, and fantasay hockey addicts.

that is a great summation of this place! :smileyandcomputer:

Edited by pilldoc
  • Haha 1

Well... I'm dedicated, mean, rotten, nasty and occasionally constipated by many choices the Wild have made over the years. Essentially that's the general core of individuals (minus being mean, rotten, nasty and occasionally constipated) but we do care even though our underwear are hair-trigger tight every 28 days or so. Okay, not speaking for others but we try. lol

^ That and I'm killing time by accumulating happiness. :hockey1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Well... I'm dedicated, mean, rotten, nasty and occasionally constipated by many choices the Wild have made over the years. Essentially that's the general core of individuals (minus being mean, rotten, nasty and occasionally constipated) but we do care even though our underwear are hair-trigger tight every 28 days or so. Okay, not speaking for others but we try. lol

Then you will fit right on in with this place! :smileyandcomputer::VeryCool:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

This man speaks the truth. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@pilldoc Thanks now I will say I am fairly easy to deal with and even when we have/had troll(s) on the previous site I just let them be trolls and didn't even respond to there trolly posts and only interacted with them if they actually made comments/posts that weren't of the Troll nature and could constitute a civil discussion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

@pilldoc was wondering when you were going to finally just say please see above LOL :ricktheshoutbox:

lol, That image was made by @ruxpin,  will need to fix the blurriness...

kind of an inside joke, but ricking the chatbox was created in like of our very favorite saber's fan on this site

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1