Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

9 minutes ago, hf101 said:

but ricking the chatbox was created in like of our very favorite saber's fan on this site

9 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

@pilldoc Thanks now I will say I am fairly easy to deal with and even when we have/had troll(s) on the previous site I just let them be trolls and didn't even respond to there trolly posts and only interacted with them if they actually made comments/posts that weren't of the Troll nature and could constitute a civil discussion.

@bbgarnett

LOL ... yes please be warned, what @hf101 is referring to is a member known as Hockey Junkie (HJ / Rick / Buffalo Rick) .  He is relatively harmless but can get under your skin if you don't know him well enough.  I'm sure you will see him pop his head in now and then.  He loves the Sabres and Blues and desperately wants to see R. Miller in net again in Buffalo.  (yes we all know that ship has sailed).  So since the Wild are in the same division with the Blues, I'm sure you will run into him every now and then.  Just giving you the heads up.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Question: When a ref drops the puck which side is up?

Is that like ... how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll lollipop? :VeryCool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, McMahon 6 said:

Nice to see some familiar names here. Chalk up another soon to be former WMB member here.

Confucius says, those who study Calculus find life full of limits.

Welcome!  Glad you joined our little community.  See my other posts.  Any questions .... just ask away!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McMahon 6 said:

Nice to see some familiar names here. Chalk up another soon to be former WMB member here.

Confucius says, those who study Calculus find life full of limits.

:welcome:

Ah... but ...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

KA in the house...

Welcome! We are happy that you decided to join our hockey community.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to one of the Mods, myself or @hf101 (site manager).

Again Welcome!!

• Thanks 1

LOL, they were claiming very low usage and engagement on the WMB as one of the reasons for it to be shuttered and then said we should go twitter, facebook, snapchat, youtube or Instagram etc or basically anyplace where they can monitor what we're saying and remove any negative posts about the organization that were directed at the teams pages. They also said if we want a more forum styled place then go check Reddit which they made sure to say was not affiliated in any way with the Minnesota Wild organization. So basically it stems down to the Board which was accessible from the wilds site even if it was never pushed by the organization was not afraid to shed negativity on the team and ownership so therefore it had to be removed.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

LOL, they were claiming very low usage and engagement on the WMB as one of the reasons for it to be shuttered and then said we should go twitter, facebook, snapchat, youtube or Instagram etc or basically anyplace where they can monitor what we're saying and remove any negative posts about the organization that were directed at the teams pages. They also said if we want a more forum styled place then go check Reddit which they made sure to say was not affiliated in any way with the Minnesota Wild organization. So basically it stems down to the Board which was accessible from the wilds site even if it was never pushed by the organization was not afraid to shed negativity on the team and ownership so therefore it had to be removed.

So true.  Well, that control is lost now.  Its also partly why I lost my name...they didn't want my views to be misconstrued as their own.  Or at least that's part of what I'm guessing...also to drive traffic towards their lame MyStateofHockey.com site.  

• Like 3

The Flyers forum on nhl.com only lasted maybe 2 years.  They never got a decent start as all of the Philly.com Flyer fans had migrated here and another Flyer forum had another group.  It started out with the new website designs as every team having a message board, but they've been dwindling.  The most active one has always been the Canucks forum.

• Like 2

OH yeah, I visited the Canucks forum and man a single GDT has like 70+ pages on average it seemed. The Canadiens board also seemed to be a little more active then others but I mean if they're shuttering our Name redacted but yet the Avs board stays which I think is very similar in terms of members and activity to ours then you know it really has nothing to do with member engagement.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hf101 said:

The Flyers forum on nhl.com only lasted maybe 2 years.  They never got a decent start as all of the Philly.com Flyer fans had migrated here and another Flyer forum had another group.  It started out with the new website designs as every team having a message board, but they've been dwindling.  The most active one has always been the Canucks forum.

I was on the Wild message boards since 2001.  It used to be the Wild west...the Canucks, oh the board wars we had when were in the Northwest division.  We can hold our own with anyone... 

• Like 1