New names contributing for these Caps

Knocking Pittsburgh out was a real lift.  They did not fold in game 6, they responded big time. And that includes Holtby.  Guys like Connelly and Eller have really helped the old faithful's like Ovetchkin and Backstrom.    It sure helped getting Nickolas back.  Oshie and Orpik and Smith-Pelly have come up big.  This is a deep and battle tested team.  I hope that they win this game 7.  I feel they are more deserving than Tampa.  Tampa is a fine team with a fine coach, don't get me wrong.  But the Caps have paid their dues.  I hope lady luck lands on their side this time.  I for one will cheer for the eastern team to win the Cup.  I do not want an expansion team to win.  I just do not think its fair that they were even put in this position by the rules of the day.  Nice going Bettman.  You are sure a headline maker.  And thanks again for that in the crease rule back in 99 that gave Dallas the Cup in the wee hours, and that arrogant SOB Hull celebrating a Cup that should not have been.  At least  not that way.   Go Capitals

Archived