Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knights vs. Washington Capitals

pilldoc

Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knghts vs. Washington Capitals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins their first ever Stanley Cup?

• Knights Sweep 4-0
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

On 5/31/2018 at 12:21 PM, ruxpin said:

EDIT:  We may have successfully hijacked this thread.

Image result for shrug gif

The original i posted didn't work. Who don't like George?? 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Similarly, by brother and I got to see a 13-4 win by the Flyers over the Penguins at the old Spectrum.  A lot of good that's doing for the Flyers against the Penguins now. 

70's?  Had to be.  Penguins sucked then.  Before Mario.  And the Sabres win over Washington 15-3 the French Connection lit them up something awful. Perrault, Martin and Robert.  Ah could we use them now.

55 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

70's?  Had to be.  Penguins sucked then.  Before Mario.  And the Sabres win over Washington 15-3 the French Connection lit them up something awful. Perrault, Martin and Robert.  Ah could we use them now.

March 1984, actually, but 70s would probably have been my guess too if I didn't know. 

6 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

3-0 Caps already. After Neal missed that wide open net it’s been all Caps. 

Looks like clock is striking midnight for Cinderella.  Now that it looks like we wont be able to razz Caps fans for having no Cups at least we can take some playful jabs at them by saying it took them having to play an expansion team in the final to finally win one.  If the Caps do somehow lose the Cup at this point I dont think they will ever live down the choker label!

34 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

March 1984, actually, but 70s would probably have been my guess too if I didn't know. 

Pens were horrible in the early 80's even when they first got LePew.  I recall the first Pens game I ever attended vs them in February of 1985 we wiped the floor with them 8-2.  They had the immortal Roberto Romano in net and he got lit up like a pinball machine.  Flyers scored 4 goals in the first and never looked back.  Thomas Eriksson had 2 goals, Propp had one (from Poulin and Kerr :-),  it was so bad even Ed Hospodar and Brad Marsh had one (Haley's Comet's appearances are more frequent than Marsh goals)! 

Remember too the Pens lost 42 games in a row at the Spectrum from 1967 to 1989.

4 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

One big snorefest tonight. Hopefully thin gs get better back in Vegas.

I know one thing. Washington has them figured out. Barring a miracle, the Cup will be presented there after Game 5.

Just now, FD19372 said:

I know one thing. Washington has them figured out. Barring a miracle, the Cup will be presented there after Game 5.

Agreed. It's like Washington made an adjustment, and Vegas has not countered that adjustment. 

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I think Vegas finds a way to win game 5 and Caps drink from the Cup after game 6 in DC 

I came into this series thinking I might "keep" Karlsson and Smith in NAHANA.

I'm off Smith entirely and seriously reconsidering Karlsson - what a sorry showing for the "case closed best line in hockey" 😆

image.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=eb823884a99abb8e

Washington looks like a team on a mission. They are winning the little battles and the big ones.

And they're just hitting the crap out of the filthy k-nig-its.

I'm thinking this is the soundtrack to the Vegas Game 5 into:

Hmmm....

For the Knights to "win this in 5" now, it's gonna take some serious advanced mathematics.

I'm talkin things like multiplying fractions, dividing by exponents, a few 'solve for n' problems, and the freakin square root of pi !! :bigteeth:

Other than that, Vegas has Washington right where they want them....  :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hmmm....

For the Knights to "win this in 5" now, it's gonna take some serious advanced mathematics.

I'm talkin things like multiplying fractions, dividing by exponents, a few 'solve for n' problems, and the freakin square root of pi !! :bigteeth:

Other than that, Vegas has Washington right where they want them....  :ph34r:

Waiting for "the fix is in" because Vegas bookies were set to lose BIG on a K-Nig-Its Cup win.

Because, you know, that's why we didn't have teams in Vegas. Or something.

Actual photo of the K-nig-its starting lineup for Game 5

image.png

10 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

I think Vegas finds a way to win game 5 and Caps drink from the Cup after game 6 in DC 

I see the same thing. Vegas goes for a final all-out-attack suicide mission game, outshooting Washington like 48-15 and get the victory in front of their fans before losing in DC.

They finally came too short in the final and seem without any solution. For now this reminds me the 1991 final with a challenging Cinderella team in the beginning of the series before hopelessly drowning.

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

My only visit to the Spectrum, on the night they played Vancouver was in 1985.  After seeing to terrible football teams play that afternoon.  Final for the record, Eagles 21  Bills 17.  Bills blew a 17-0 lead.  Ferguson was their QB and Carmicheal I believe was Philly's.  We had Roland Hooks who was remembered for a hail Mary TD vs the then not so good New England Pats on a pass from Fergy.  The Canucks had the road dark brown uniforms that were posted here.  8-3 Flyers was the final.  I was removed from the establishment twice in the same night.  We went to Atlantic City also.  Two cases of beer and a bottle of whiskey in the back seat.  I think we stayed at a  Holiday Inn?  Crazy times.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:10 PM, ruxpin said:

And what the hell with 3 days between each of the last 4 games?  What moron scheduled this?

its the long travel and the 3 hour difference.  I guess they do not want jet lag to have any effect, but both teams are together. So they are in the same time zone. Unlike the regular season.  Back to Vegas now and I am sure they will be up for the game.  They are still playing with house money as nobody expected them to even make the playoffs let alone shock the world and get to the finals.  This, a first year team.  Unreal.   Last night on that play where Ovy almost had a breakaway and one handed the puck at Fluery, 6 years ago he scores on that play.  He has lost a step but he has guys like Eller, Connoly and the D guys like Oshie and Carlson and company to get it done.  A deep team are Washington.  Used to be a two man show with Ovy and Backstrom.  One win away from hoisting the Cup.  

11 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Very possible   Vegas handicappers agree as Washington are underdogs in the next game.  I am sure Vegas will not go quietly.  But I am not convinced they have enough to keep them from ending it.  They are looking down a 3-1 barrel and they know the stats.  They know they will be viewed a a tremendous success, the only team to ever do this.  The Capitals are not going to take their foot off the gas

20 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

My only visit to the Spectrum, on the night they played Vancouver was in 1985.  After seeing to terrible football teams play that afternoon.  Final for the record, Eagles 21  Bills 17.  Bills blew a 17-0 lead.  Ferguson was their QB and Carmicheal I believe was Philly's.  We had Roland Hooks who was remembered for a hail Mary TD vs the then not so good New England Pats on a pass from Fergy.  The Canucks had the road dark brown uniforms that were posted here.  8-3 Flyers was the final.  I was removed from the establishment twice in the same night.  We went to Atlantic City also.  Two cases of beer and a bottle of whiskey in the back seat.  I think we stayed at a  Holiday Inn?  Crazy times.

No wonder the football game was bad if the eagles had their WR playing QB.  It was either Jaworski or Cunningham, they split time that year.  No worries, I couldn't have named anyone on the Bills from back then, so decent memory even coming up with Carmichael. 

Lol why were you removed? That's awesome. 

I was looking through the scores trying to find out when my 13-4 game was. I don't know that I actually appreciated it then, but they're really not kidding about there being a lot more scoring in that time period, huh? 

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

BOY, o boy..don't look now but some FANS might resort to this now...……   :ph34r:  :bigteeth:

JerseyBurn.jpg.b392b0bb8a8c518d0b2c49ae72c5fdb6.jpg

That's currently my favorite post of all time!   

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

No wonder the football game was bad if the eagles had their WR playing QB.  It was either Jaworski or Cunningham, they split time that year.  No worries, I couldn't have named anyone on the Bills from back then, so decent memory even coming up with Carmichael. 

Lol why were you removed? That's awesome. 

I was looking through the scores trying to find out when my 13-4 game was. I don't know that I actually appreciated it then, but they're really not kidding about there being a lot more scoring in that time period, huh? 

Stupid me.  It was Cunningham.  Jaws I think already retired.  They lost to the Raiders in 1980 when they were favored with Montgomery.  They should have won that game.  Just like we should have beaten the damn Giants.  So I got their names mixed. up.  We had snuck in some beer bottles in our coats.  Just when the words "the bombs bursting in air" were being sung in the national anthem, a couple bottles of beer fell out and broke.  Man I knew I was in deep ****. Tossed.  Snuck back in.  Found again later..  At least the guards had a sense of humor.

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Stupid me.  It was Cunningham.  Jaws I think already retired.  They lost to the Raiders in 1980 when they were favored with Montgomery.  They should have won that game.  Just like we should have beaten the damn Giants.  So I got their names mixed. up.  We had snuck in some beer bottles in our coats.  Just when the words "the bombs bursting in air" were being sung in the national anthem, a couple bottles of beer fell out and broke.  Man I knew I was in deep ****. Tossed.  Snuck back in.  Found again later..  At least the guards had a sense of humor.

Was just being a smart a## about the QB.  Yeah, the SB following the 1980 season was a disappointment. I was in middle school at the time and had just been to the Phillies World Series parade that October.  The school said they'd suspend anyone who went to the Super Bowl parade (if they won).  We were going to go anyway. It turns out I had to wait another 37 years! 

Archived