Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knights vs. Washington Capitals

pilldoc

Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knghts vs. Washington Capitals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins their first ever Stanley Cup?

• Knights Sweep 4-0
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/8/2018 at 6:02 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Looking at the overall picture in this year's playoffs, I'd say something happened that hasn't happened probably in many many seasons:

The truly BEST teams did move on in their respective series, starting from Round 1 all the way to the Finals.

No upsets really this year. You either had the expected team move on, or ONE of the teams in a match up move on where EITHER could have just as easily moved on.

One can say the Vegas Knights upset everyone along the way, due to their expansion status, but fact is, they had a hell of a regular season, beat teams consistently there, won their division, and like it or not, basically earned their way and showed why they were the better team against everyone except Washington.

I think if you are the NHL league offices, you should be very pleased with how all this turned out.

Good teams did what they were supposed to, the so-so teams were eliminated early, a league star (Ovechkin) raises the Cup, and the league's newest team (scoffed at by many before the season started because of the location) made a hell of a showing.

Home teams for various fans being eliminated aside, I'd rate 2017-18 a very successful one for the NHL as a whole.

Now.....if they can only all get on the same page with regards to penalty calling...………………..

Completely agree. 2017-2018 was one of the successful NHL season, especially playoffs as I ever remember. All teams practically matched exclusively well during the playoff season. Agree with you also, Vegas played as a well established team through the regular and playoff season and did not upset at all. Just gave us a pleasant surprise since the beginning of the season.

• pilldoc unpinned and locked this topic

Archived