Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knights vs. Washington Capitals

pilldoc

Stanley Cup Finals: Vegas Knghts vs. Washington Capitals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins their first ever Stanley Cup?

• Knights Sweep 4-0
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Capitals Sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goals just keep coming, huh? Both teams moving fast and making a great game of this. While I certainly wouldn't have chosen this matchup for the final, they are both showing they earned their place.

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

They keep this pace up... I could easily see this going 7 games 

We are lucky NHL hockey fans. As I type this, Vegas is BUZZING around Holtby.

Let me say this to Flyer fans....it is WRONG to cheer for a direct division rival to win the SC!!  Have we not seen enough of that with the Pens back to back nonsense. A good chance Sid wins another one before exiting his prime....F OV.....and the Caps!!   I don't see how you can hate a brand new team more than a scummy division rival!!

5 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Let me say this to Flyer fans....it is WRONG to cheer for a direct division rival to win the SC!!  Have we not seen enough of that with the Pens back nonsense. A good chance Sid wins another one before exiting his prime....F OV.....and the Caps!!   I don't see how you can hate a brand new team more than a scummy division rival!!

As I say this, Wilson and the Caps take the lead...I would rather root for the Caps because Vegas winning the Cup in their first year makes the league look like almost as big a sham as the NBA (with their favoritism towards the top 2 players in the league).  I want the Flyers to still be the fastest NHL expansion team to win a Stanley Cup.  Now Vegas scores...where's my Zoloft? Great Game 1.

Just now, FD19372 said:

As I say this, Wilson and the Caps take the lead...I would rather root for the Caps because Vegas winning the Cup in their first year makes the league look like almost as big a sham as the NBA with their favoritism towards the top 2 players in the league.  I want the Flyers to still be the fastest NHL expansion team to win a Stanley Cup.  Now Vegas scores...where's my Zoloft? Great Game 1.

I tell ya FD....did NOT see 9 goals (or more) coming in game one. I had the over/under at a solid 5.....figured a 3-2 game for sure. This is crazy, and exciiting all at the same time!!

2 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Let me say this to Flyer fans....it is WRONG to cheer for a direct division rival to win the SC!!  Have we not seen enough of that with the Pens back to back nonsense. A good chance Sid wins another one before exiting his prime....F OV.....and the Caps!!   I don't see how you can hate a brand new team more than a scummy division rival!!

Well, @jammer2 , it's quite the conundrum for Flyers fans...

on the one hand, you are right, they DON'T want to root for a division rival (especially @ruxpin , who even as we speak is researching various poisons that kills ONLY Caps fans), but on the other hand, that division rival, is not as great a one as the rival Philly fans hate most...AND the one that the Caps did a favor for you guys and ensured they wouldn't threepeat.

Then you have "encouraging" the fixed draft rules so Gary Bettman looks like a damned genius putting a team out in the desert (again), in a drifter state, where even if the team wins, no one is supposed to know about it because, well, you know...what happens in Vegas......

But of course, you HAVE to admire the work put in by everyone involved with the Knights.....they don't get there without working their asses off, doing their homework, and especially for the players, executing on the ice.
If any other organization feels the Knights shouldn't be there, then they have had opportunities to knock them off their pedestals....and so far, no one has.

So yea.....quite a pinch Philly fans find themselves in.

But you know, it could have been worse (besides Pierre Edward Bellemare having a shot at a Cup before Giroux, Voracek, and Couturier that is)……. the Knights COULD have made a deal with the Flyers, taken guys like MacDonald off your hands, taken Manning off your hands, or even Mrazek...and STILL be in position to win a Cup...with any of those three pieces being key to their success! :ph34r:

I'd say just sit back and enjoy the Stanley Cup ride......all ya can really do.

That's what I'm doing, and I don't particularly care for either team either... 😁

Archived