Fenton believes Wild are not far from Winning the Stanley Cup

wild.source

@DevinWieser  just read that article and watched the video clip of NHL network talking to Fenton and he said he ran into Koivu and was saying that Koivu demands leadership from his team and this and that and how great of a leader he is. :shakeshead:

1 hour ago, DevinWieser said:

Just looking at the NHL Website, Fenotn is thinking the Wild are not far off in the  Stanley Cup Finals!

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-general-manager-paul-fenton-believes-minnesota-close-to-contending/c-298743466?tid=277548856

Yeah, and just watch me flap my arms and fly to the moon now...

59 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

^^ "We have a lot of really good veteran pieces..."

Ugh...  Please please please let BB be 100% in control of dictating who's on the PP and lines...  A little nervous about the relationship with Suter too...

"We have a lot of good veteran pieces..."

Kind of reminds me of when a real estate ad says a house is "vintage and has character"...generally it translates to "old and worn out with three broken windows, a side door that won't open and the chimney is about to fall over"...:thinking:

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

@DevinWieser  just read that article and watched the video clip of NHL network talking to Fenton and he said he ran into Koivu and was saying that Koivu demands leadership from his team and this and that and how great of a leader he is. :shakeshead:

Wait.... So Koivu says he demands leadership from his team and than Fenton says how great of a leader Koivu is?!?! Well son of a b*tch!!! Fletcher 2.0 here we come.

Fenton's focus will be improving the Wild where he sees fit.

"I didn't talk about one piece being missing and I wouldn't even comment on it if I could," he said. "Certainly, everybody puts their own spin on things and looks at things in different ways, and that's what I'm going to do with this staff when we start to get together.

So the part that gets me is Fenton saying I wouldn't even comment on it if I could. A few of us on the other boards talked about how we were thinking Bruce couldn't really do all that much about the line ups and players and really can't say much either due to a secretly snuck in agreement he might have missed. We all believe Leipold is going beyond what any owner should do when owning a team and interfering way to much. This statement makes me think this is completely true. This doesn't give me a vote of confidence much will change with this GM.

@EJ0226 He said he met Mikko Koivu for the first time today and says he has a presence about him that he thinks demands the best out of his team, he then says he has known Parise and Suter since there draft years when he interviewed them and then was involved in drafting Suter to Nashville and so the leadership part of this team is going to be really good. Then he says we have some young players coming (No **** everyone does) and says we have some really good pieces in place and wants to take it all in and build off of what we have.

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

@EJ0226 He said he met Mikko Koivu for the first time today and says he has a presence about him that he thinks demands the best out of his team, he then says he has known Parise and Suter since there draft years when he interviewed them and then was involved in drafting Suter to Nashville and so the leadership part of this team is going to be really good. Then he says we have some young players coming (No **** everyone does) and says we have some really good pieces in place and wants to take it all in and build off of what we have.

Thank you.

I have to laugh cause yes, Koivu does demand the best out of the team cause Koivu isn't going to do anything or lead the team and needs others to do that. Fentons statement on Koivu is like somebody saying I need blue paint to paint the sky. It's sort of like, duh!

@EJ0226 no problem glad to help where/when I can. Also yeah your totally right Koivu doesn't have a leading bone in his body, which yeah a lot of people don't and that's fine but to be in a leading position or in this case Captain and to have none of those qualities then you need to man up and step down. But maybe in this case as Koivu is Captain and as you know the captain never abandons a sinking ship that we're stuck with him until the ship has officially sunk.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

@EJ0226 no problem glad to help where/when I can. Also yeah your totally right Koivu doesn't have a leading bone in his body, which yeah a lot of people don't and that's fine but to be in a leading position or in this case Captain and to have none of those qualities then you need to man up and step down. But maybe in this case as Koivu is Captain and as you know the captain never abandons a sinking ship that we're stuck with him until the ship has officially sunk.

So very true! I can't blame him for not abandoning ship as that ship is paying way more money than he should have ever gotten and they repeatedly do it and in return don't ask for much.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

@EJ0226 Yeah, probably the worst decision was to re-up his contract but maybe that'll change with Fenton, but right now it's too early to tell as he's probably saying lots of things just to save face.

I keeping my fingers this is a save face move and changes will happen after he settles in.

Tweaks... Oh my. I was quite in a "WTF" mode after reading the Fenton presser. But it's not very surprising. He was not going to tell: "Well, that team is such a pain in the àss. They are closer to miss the playoffs than win the Cup... but what else can you expect with such lame-azz prospects and youngsters that are just going nowhere ?!?! Geez the amount of mess I'll have to clean and azzes I'll have to kick... Will take me a decade at least. And yeah, I met Koivu for the 1st time: damn, even jello or slim have more personality than he has."

But let's see what Tweakman will do...

On 5/23/2018 at 12:29 PM, IllaZilla said:

"We have a lot of good veteran pieces..."

Kind of reminds me of when a real estate ad says a house is "vintage and has character"...generally it translates to "old and worn out with three broken windows, a side door that won't open and the chimney is about to fall over"...:thinking:

It reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Marge goes into Real Estate and is coached to describe a property from 'cramped' to saying its 'cozy.'

Archived